Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

APRIL FOOLS

• 44 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
APRIL FOOLS
« on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Thanks for playing along with us yesterday, folks.  No, we haven't really been sponsored by NERF and we aren't changing the CRLs to include the use of NERF weapons.  It was all part of our annual April Fools prank.  We hope everyone had fun with it!  Until next year!

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: APRIL FOOLS
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:53 AM »
but...I adorned my NERF shrine with the blood of innocents.  April...fools?    Crap...

gotta go apologize to the neighbors now...

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Galen Skirata

• Vode An
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2011, 10:19 AM »
but...I adorned my NERF shrine with the blood of innocents.  April...fools?    Crap...

gotta go apologize to the neighbors now...

Thats sweet

well atleast i dont have to buy another gun

Galen Marith-Skirata

Chronicler

• Chronicler of the Mandalorians
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Must go to store to paint over nerf symbol!!!

Brother of Novall Talon
CAT:638
Former Ver'alor of Concordia Clan 2012-2013
Proudly a member of the Mandalorian Mercenaries since 2004
The Chronicler of the Mandalorians
V.O.T.S #28

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2011, 11:16 AM »
But...but...I bought a new gun and everything :( now I'll just look weird walking around with no reason to carry the vulcan...better go find that receipt now  :'(

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Very amusing, I know most of us in the BVC got a kick out of it!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Vhelan Del

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2011, 11:57 AM »
That scared me. I'm glad it was just an April Fool's prank after all.

Family is more than blood.

Dha'werd Verd

• It's Nerf or Nothing
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2011, 12:36 PM »
I was actually starting to believe it when I still saw the NERF banner up at the top when I was up at 4 am

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2011, 12:53 PM »
You should have seen last years. I woke up to find the board has changed to Star Trek. :P :o

Anyway, crap. I was really looking for those nifty nerf darts that light up and whistle to simulate blaster bolts!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Dha'werd Verd

• It's Nerf or Nothing
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Well I guess that means I can't have my operational gun like the 501st can have. :(

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:01 PM »
You should have seen last years. I woke up to find the board has changed to Star Trek. :P :o

Anyway, crap. I was really looking for those nifty nerf darts that light up and whistle to simulate blaster bolts!

David.

That was two years ago, Jaiden. XD Last year's was my special coding skills at work replacing every font with Mando'a. No one could read a thing. ;D

Dha'werd Verd

• It's Nerf or Nothing
« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:04 PM »

That was two years ago, Jaiden. XD Last year's was my special coding skills at work replacing every font with Mando'a. No one could read a thing. ;D
I've heard half of the mercs say last year was Star Trek and the other half say Mando font. How is it that hard to remember an april fools joke?

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:53 PM »
ROFL
I was pwned by it.  Next year you guys should rick roll everyone with a rick-rolling newsletter!

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

MirdalaMachina

• Do real men wear pink? NO. Real men wear kamas.
« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:59 PM »
I've heard half of the mercs say last year was Star Trek and the other half say Mando font. How is it that hard to remember an april fools joke?

I remember both. But, really, who keeps up with the year of an April Fools' gag? We remember what happened, but it's not as if we go "Ah, yes, 2010, the great FONT scam!" haha

Anyway, AWESOME one, guys! You had me going for a little bit!  ;D

Check out my character's story, The Journal of the Black Beskar'gam
Entry 1: Jatne'Buir http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=9655.0

Lifeburn

• This is the time to attack!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2011, 02:46 PM »
I wonder if anyone actually went out and bought a Nerf gun yesterday?

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Depends.
Does everybody own a calendar?

I actually bought the scheme, until reading the front post to about the half, then I noticed the date.
But I have to say, this one was a good one.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2011, 06:55 PM »
*resumes modding his Longshot, as planned, whistling quietly between his teeth* ;)

I can't wait to see what gets dreamed up for next year...

-Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

K'ael, Orade

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2011, 08:24 PM »
oh yeah hit the nail on the head lol......

ready

When its NERF or nothing ,...... i choose NOTHING.!

"Pachu Pachu, gotcha." - Yavin 4 tower watch.

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #19 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I had so much fun reading all the comments, a lot of people fell for it. Great April Fools joke!!

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #20 on: Apr 02, 2011, 10:01 PM »
It was all a JOKE?!  I committed to buy a couple THOUSAND dollars worth of Nerf guns from Kal Falco!!!  What am I going to do with all that junk now?

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #21 on: Apr 02, 2011, 10:50 PM »
It was all a JOKE?!  I committed to buy a couple THOUSAND dollars worth of Nerf guns from Kal Falco!!!  What am I going to do with all that junk now?

Cry in self-pity. ;) ;D

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2011, 11:07 PM »
Cry in self-pity. ;) ;D
Thats probably about the best advice you can get, i would also add that eating a gallon of ice cream while watching sad movies may help  ;)

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Cryxus Lome

• Ever danced with a Rancor in the pale moonlight?
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2011, 12:07 AM »
Wow, You guys are good. Real good. I bought into it and that was a deciding factor as to why I joined..... Still going to try and keep up with things. That was a good one.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

"The only thing we have to Fear, is Fear itself!"-
                                                        Franklin Delano re Roosevelt
My two most favored quotes of all time.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=4

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2011, 12:17 AM »

Organize a local Nerf war team? Mod them and sell them to Nerf enthusiasts for more than you originally paid? Keep a couple and mod them heavily for your own costuming? There are many possibilities. ;)

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!