Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Del Duroon the Hunter - Soft Parts Start (Pic Intensive)

• 103 Replies

Jalen Irsei

• Jalen Irsei
Re: Del Duroon the Hunter - Soft Parts Start (Pic Intensive)
« Reply #75 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Congrats on the new addition! Everything looks great! It's been awhile since I stared this way at another man's crotch picture...

Well, it's one thing to fool people with pictures, but a bit harder in person.  My wife, who's very critical says it looks like full leather in R/L.  So I am very confident it will look spectacular when complete. I'm in a holding pattern on a lot of soft/fabric work as my wife is due to deliver our daughter on Dec 20th.  (Child #7!)   8)

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #76 on: Jan 10, 2012, 01:07 PM »
This looks great!!!!

« Reply #77 on: Jan 10, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Thanks!  And now I have done more.  I went away from the vinyl and went to actual, genuine real 100% leather.  Just covered the 6mm sintra.  Dyed it a nice dark brown and shined it up.  Because every Mando knows, ya gotta take care of your leather!

Here's a comparison.

Here's some closer up of version 3

And here are my kids with the newest edition.

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012, 04:36 PM by MandalorianEwok » Logged

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad

Valgus Ordo

• I'll take a stab at it.
« Reply #79 on: Jan 15, 2012, 12:32 AM »
Congratulations!  And splendid work, as usual.  I've always been a fan of your stunning "leather" work; and the shiny real leather just magnifies the awesomeness.

"Bury me not with soil or stone, cleanse not my corpse with fire nor water. 
 Let me be buried with the bodies of my enemies!"  -A Clan Ordo warchant I made up.
« Reply #80 on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:53 PM »
I've actually cut down on some of my leather.  Mainly it is my holster/cod rig and my gauntlets.  (They aren't the "floppy" style gaunts, so they are totally within CRLs)

Well, I have had this for a while, but haven't added it to the list of parts.  Need to create a way to attach it to my gear, I'm thinking hanging from my belt.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #82 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Looking great mate, plus Congrats on the new addition to the family ;)

« Reply #83 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Thanks Kel!

She turned four weeks today!

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #84 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I sometimes miss my kids being small, then again ! I dont miss the nappy changin and up all night LOL

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
« Reply #85 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Congrats on the new addition vod!
I'm actually really looking forward to having kids :) Too bad my girlfriend hates children XD

« Reply #86 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:18 PM »
She's #7 ages 20 - 4 weeks.  So I have ALL stages.  (17 year old girl... YEAH FOR PUBERTY....  >:( )

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
« Reply #87 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Haha never thought about that. Damn. I think I'll just make blasters instead of babies

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #88 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:55 PM »
7 kids ? Just WOW ! Im bad enough wi two boys, one at 14 and the other 11. Fight like cat and dog LOL

« Reply #89 on: Jan 28, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Kit looks great. I prefer the leather over the vinyl. What kind of skull did you picture above?

« Reply #90 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Congrats on the new baby :D

The colors look amazing, I really like the earth tones, the skull is awesome and the cod looks great! Everything is looking amazing so far. I really like when people take the time to put focus on detail.

To me, Mando armor should be like a detailed painting. When you are far away you know what it is, but when you are up close you see all the little hidden treasures that are within it.

« Reply #91 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Kit looks great. I prefer the leather over the vinyl. What kind of skull did you picture above?

That is a Jack Russell Terrier / Beagle mix.  It was my neighbor's dog named Ralphie.  He was a mean little dog that bit me years ago.  He died in a fire about 3 years ago and my daughter's Pit Bull/Red Heeler dug it up about a year ago.  I wear it out of revenge for biting me.   ;D

And thanks Eeto.  I started out like you.  Just kept plugging away, never giving up and taking everyone's advice until I came up with what I liked.

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2012, 07:29 PM by MandalorianEwok » Logged

« Reply #92 on: Jan 29, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Wearing the skull as revenge rocks!

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #93 on: Feb 15, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Make sure you check with Falin or the approval team. Certain types of skulls aren't allowed, and that rules comes from LFL.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #94 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:18 AM »
The skull should be ok as long as it's not done bloody or gory.  ;)

« Reply #95 on: Feb 17, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Here are the claws and skull together...

« Reply #96 on: Mar 04, 2012, 08:53 PM »
In a continuing effort to add better and better items to my kit, I finally found a pair of boots I can add to and make... AWESOME!  And all for the low low price of $9.99 courtesy of my local Goodwill and I thank the poor sap who mismarked them.  :D  (All the other pairs were marked at $19.99.) 

They aren't much now, but I have a great deal of faith in them.  My only question is do I armor them with leather covered plates like my gaunts and cod piece or do I use "armor".  Or perhaps a little bit of both?

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #97 on: Mar 04, 2012, 10:07 PM »
That is a Jack Russell Terrier / Beagle mix.  It was my neighbor's dog named Ralphie.  He was a mean little dog that bit me years ago.  He died in a fire about 3 years ago and my daughter's Pit Bull/Red Heeler dug it up about a year ago.  I wear it out of revenge for biting me.   ;D

LoL, I found a medium sized dead dog in our backyard and cleaned up the skull so I could have it. Glad I'm not the only one! Awesome use of your skull. ;)

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #98 on: Mar 27, 2012, 05:26 AM »
You do realize, ner vod, that that all sounds unbelievably creepy, right? :laugh: JK.

Valgus Ordo

• I'll take a stab at it.
« Reply #99 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Yep, that's pretty creepy.  And here I thought I was weird for trying to drill holes in my wisdom teeth for a necklace.  ;D

As for the boots, those look great!  I'm not sure how they would match with leather or plates, perhaps you could take a picture with them on while wearing the other soft parts for reference?

"Bury me not with soil or stone, cleanse not my corpse with fire nor water. 
 Let me be buried with the bodies of my enemies!"  -A Clan Ordo warchant I made up.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!