Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Back pack light question???

• 5 Replies

Hondo Falco

• Armor Weapons and Soft Parts at 100%
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions.
Back pack light question???
« on: Apr 29, 2011, 12:10 PM »
I was in Ikea today when I came across these lights for $29.99. You can change it's color with a push of a button. My question is, it plugs into a wall. How can I get it to run off a battery like a 12v or something.

Iím a grunt...... and proud of it
Re: Back pack light question???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2011, 01:59 PM »
That seems a bit much, especially if you can get touch lights for much less and they already work on batteries.  Don't know if changing the colors is that big of a deal.  Then again, its not my backpack. 

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Hondo Falco

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Well I got ikea gift cards sitting around so it's not a price thing for me. I just really like the shape

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Well then...  I'd buy em!  And figure the electronics out later!  :)

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 04:03 PM »
The top one looks like it has a power pack for each light. Check that and see if it is a converter and if so what power is needed to light the bulbs. If those are LED, they need converters to change from AC to DC, so it's just a matter of finding the right battery power to light them up.

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Hondo Falco

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Thanks David

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!