Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft parts- possible boot/shin wraps?

• 1 Replies

helixtheghost

• Acyk Ca'nara
Soft parts- possible boot/shin wraps?
« on: Feb 26, 2014, 11:52 PM »
Hey!
I'm planning out all my armor and soft parts. I don't want to spend a fortune on nice boots when I have a good pair of riding boots.
I was thinking about making black wraps to go around the shin/upper part of boot in order to make it more accurate. (Nice clean riding boots with a weathered costume doesn't go). I may possibly attach shin plates over the wraps.
I really like the way arm/shin wraps look, it reminds me of the tusken raider/tatooine look. (Which I am sort of tying in to my Mando for a twist)
Any thoughts?

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Soft parts- possible boot/shin wraps?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2014, 12:25 AM »
Wraps are allowed, but they have to be quality material. Thick cotton and leather and burlap and the like, things that don't stretch. You'll still need knee plates, but shin wraps are totally okay. Arm guards are allowed, BUT are judged more critically than gauntlets if worn by themselves. I'll try to find tomorrow the threads I started on this topic, since I'm going to use wraps for my second kit. I will share my info when I find it :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!