Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Drake's Legacy Mando WIP thread

• 323 Replies

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Drake's Legacy Mando WIP thread
« Reply #75 on: Aug 28, 2012, 10:11 AM »
LMAO!

Well, first of all I was having a VERY bad day yesterday and I hope I didn't come off as an asshat. I was really trying to be "cool" about it.

I have been watching this for quite sometime and to be honest, I never saw Savage in the build up. It just never occurred to me. When I saw pix start rolling in from CVI I saw pix fo the armor and I was like "Holy cow! That Savage/Mando cross is awesome!" and "I wonder who that is?" and "I hope after CVI whoever it is will repaint it and submit it!".

Then it started to dawn on me that it was probably your kit. I even came back and looked at the build pix and became certain it was.

Honestly on a craftsmanship level this is pure win. On a fanboy level this is like flying Vaders and Star Wars rockbands wicked. To me, and this is just my opinion, I think even if it weren't intended, the line between custom Mando and Savage Opress has been, not even blurred, but erased. I wasnt at CVI ( :( ) so I don't know for certain fan reactions to it but, Im guessing that most of the people who commented about it refered to it as Savage or a Savage Fett.

The armor itself is 100% fine, even with the Zabrak horns. I really think it's the paint apps. The yellow and the black tattooing, even if they don't line up with Savage's tattoo's, screams Savage Opress. If the paint apps could be reworked to lessen the Savage Opress feel, but still honor your original idea, that would be optimum. However, if you repainted it probably any other color combo in the world (other than red :P ) it would probably work fine too.

Drake

• OM #0047 ¦ BVC ¦ Merc Veteran '07
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #76 on: Aug 28, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Haha, I completely understand. We Florida guys have a scheme in the works, so a repaint may be just around the bend. You are correct in the fan reaction to the kit, I couldn't tell you how many time I was called Savage. I take no offense in your critique, and welcome it.  ;D

I'll have to do some thinking, but you may see a change somewhere down the road, before December rolls around.  ;)

No worries PJ.  :P

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90
Drake Manufacturing: https://www.facebook.com/DrakeMfg/

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #77 on: Aug 28, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Very Cool ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #78 on: Aug 28, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Maybe green and purple...Be Savage Jo'Ker. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dAVid.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Drake

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #79 on: Aug 28, 2012, 10:55 PM »
Maybe green and purple...Be Savage Jo'Ker. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dAVid.

I hate Batman...

I was thinking Black, being I am in Law Enforcement, and of course yellow. We BVC have a master plan, and a repaint would benefit us all...  :-X

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
« Reply #80 on: Aug 28, 2012, 11:57 PM »
you could just reverse the black and yellow you have now. same patern just flip black for yellow I think that could look cool and it wouldn't look Savage even better.  :D

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #81 on: Aug 29, 2012, 12:22 AM »
you could just reverse the black and yellow you have now. same patern just flip black for yellow I think that could look cool and it wouldn't look Savage even better.  :D

That does sound cool, you'll look like a hornet :D.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Drake

« Reply #82 on: Aug 29, 2012, 01:24 AM »

That is an awesome idea, Kyram, but a lot of work. Hand-painting this one was a chore. lol

Drake

« Reply #83 on: Aug 29, 2012, 02:37 AM »
How about this scheme? (Disregard the crappy colored pencils I had to use. It would be flat-black or matte-black, with matte-yellow accents)

Alta

« Reply #84 on: Aug 29, 2012, 02:41 AM »
I think it looks amazing!  8)

MMCC #707

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
« Reply #85 on: Aug 29, 2012, 03:01 AM »
That looks like it would belong to a highly destructive warrior. Like if you mess with him he not only blows up your speeder but your ship,home,office,and your strill's(dog) house too. :laugh: look awesome vod

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

Drake

« Reply #86 on: Aug 29, 2012, 03:16 AM »
Haha, thanks everyone. I have always wanted a blacked-out kit, and this just may be my opportunity to capitalize on that desire.

Ghostwalker

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #87 on: Aug 29, 2012, 03:23 AM »
cool! I'm turning my black on black kit into OD Green.
way to keep the balance bud  :P

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #88 on: Aug 29, 2012, 04:53 AM »
I think that will look good. The yellow accents will help to make it pop just that bit so it's not a plain black kit :D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #89 on: Aug 29, 2012, 09:31 AM »
Cool concept ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #90 on: Aug 29, 2012, 04:37 PM »
WOW your armor is SWEET!!!!!

I like it the way it is, but the concept you drew also looks pretty cool!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #91 on: Aug 29, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Where's Falin when you need him? I need him to piss on this idea, too!  :P  :P

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #92 on: Sep 01, 2012, 01:41 AM »
so i just got back and opened up the mercs site and stumbled upon a CVI pic of you. first thought: "OMGOMGOMGOMG THATS SOOO FREAKIN COOL!!!" second thought: "thats definitely a zabrak." then about five minutes later: "wait a sec, i recognize that chest plate! thats Drake!!"

gratz vod on the awesome build. ive got a rough cut of your beastly templates lying on my bedroom floor. thanks ^__^ don't worry, the final product will look very different :)

-Kane

P.S. the Falin peeing pic was hilarious btw

24er!               Candy-Kane

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #93 on: Sep 01, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Shame your color scheme has got to go  :(  I really like it.  Concept for the new one is pretty slick.  What helmet is that? is it scratch built? cause it is mighty cool.  8)  ;)

Kane Friax

« Reply #94 on: Sep 01, 2012, 01:16 PM »
for your next repaint you mentioned matte black and matte yellow. how 'bout matte black with gloss yellow tattoos like what you have now only slightly less complicated.

on a related note i'm sorta glad you have to repaint 'cuz one of ur helmet tat's sorta looks like a moustach :P

-Kane

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #95 on: Sep 01, 2012, 02:06 PM »
The Kit looks great, But i'm with Falin. When i saw it in the CVI pics i thought Savage Mando. I think the idea is good and could possibly work with some adjustments, but needs to lose that Savage feel, Maybe add another colour or something.

Kane Friax

« Reply #96 on: Sep 01, 2012, 02:09 PM »
ooh swap black for blue! that'd be cool!

-Kane

Drake

« Reply #97 on: Sep 01, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Haha, thanks everyone.

Vhett, the helmet is a scratch-build. There have been rumors of an attempted copy, but I'll not stand for it.  :P ;D

Remo and Kane, I would like to go with a reversal of colors, but there are quite a few hours in that paint job. I have come to the realization that I want to repaint it due to it not really being much of a custom. Yes it is the only one and is custom as far as the term custom goes, but it isn't unique to me. Darth Maul has the tats, and the only canon Zabrak that is yellow is Savage. I have always (for the most part) been yellow, so I HAVE to have yellow and black.  ;)

The accessories and idea I have for this kit will make it very unique and perhaps "pop" a little more than it does now, while maintaining a believable design, as in one that could possibly be seen in-Universe. It will be far more Mando and tactical, drawing from many sources in the SW realm (RC's, Jango, Zabraks, general tools of the trade). Keep an eye out, and you won't be disappointed. Construction should begin sometime soon, as I want to completed by October 31, fo a party debut.

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #98 on: Sep 02, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Haha, thanks everyone.

There have been rumors of an attempted copy, but I'll not stand for it.  :P ;D

Copy? Pure poppycock!

Keep an eye out, and you won't be disappointed. Construction should begin sometime soon, as I want to completed by October 31, fo a party debut.

In other words don't worry about keeping an eye out till October because, he'll be so busy building it that he won't bother updating till it has been debuted. Plus he said debuted so you won't see it till after its release <.<..... At least we all have something to look forward to. :D

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Drake

« Reply #99 on: Sep 02, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Copy? Pure poppycock!

In other words don't worry about keeping an eye out till October because, he'll be so busy building it that he won't bother updating till it has been debuted. Plus he said debuted so you won't see it till after its release <.<..... At least we all have something to look forward to. :D

Haha, you gave away your secret.  :-X

And you know me all too well, my friend.  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!