Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Wetsuit for Aquatic Hostile Envirnment Mando

• 2 Replies

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Wetsuit for Aquatic Hostile Envirnment Mando
« on: Jun 03, 2011, 02:05 AM »
Can I get help from an official council member?

If we're doing an aquatic mando, would a wetsuit or tighter fitting suit be accepted? 

Also would a Mandalorian Demagol style 2 piece helmet be acceptable? 

Thanx.

Tal Greyheed

• I have an Anvil
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Wetsuit for Aquatic Hostile Envirnment Mando
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2011, 12:24 AM »
I'm not a council member but I can give you an initial Idea of what is going to be said.

Suit:
Wetsuit is unlikly. Problem with a wetsuit is that its going to get extremly uncomfortable very quickly in a convention (or any other event for that matter) It also doesn't breath the same way that cloth does, so your chances of heat exhaustion are drastically increased. Unless your going to take a swim with it, I would stay away from it.

Tighter fit suit will probably be a better bet. You just going to have to make sure your armor is fairly tightly fit as well, otherwise its going to look very out of place.

Helmet:
Assuming that your going to modify it to be aquatic style, it should work, but it may bump you our of qualification for "modern" mando, so your plates would have to match accordingly ( If you use standard modern plates with what is recognized as a late-crusader era helmet, it may look odd) If you do custom plates to fit with it, you should be fine.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Wetsuit for Aquatic Hostile Envirnment Mando
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2011, 06:06 AM »
Tal has pretty much hit the nail on the head, i wouldn't bother. use something that will be comfortable to wear. a stormtrooper undersuit could be used to give the illusion of a wetsuit, but you must remember that your kit must follow the CRLs.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!