Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Niabi's Soft Parts WIP

• 72 Replies

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Niabi's Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #30 on: Aug 29, 2011, 04:54 PM »
have you measured your plates against the vest?, 'cause that might might be a bit long unless you go Jango style and put the girthbelt over it.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Aug 30, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Im going Jango style ;D plus im thinking i might add some Velcro so i can keep the belts from falling down  :D but im not sure..

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #32 on: Aug 30, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Might be a good idea. I'm planning on doing that with mine.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Sep 02, 2011, 03:02 PM »
I have started to colour my boots. I got my hands on some spray on fabric paint. I have only put the brown on and tomorrow (or Sunday) ill put the sand/tan on the white. as it dries it looks like its going a bit patchy which is a problem as it took the whole can to colour them.

any hoo here they are just after i finished putting the brown on. (I know there a bit of a bleed though but i think that will just add to the weathering LOL)

Niabi's Shoes by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Boba and Jango
« Reply #34 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Good enough to eat mate. ;)
Don't worry too much about the patchiness. I'd advise dirtying them up a bit anyway. Mine took a good rolling through the dirt in the garden and then I rubbed in some ground up charcoal bricket  :D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #35 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Reminds me of those french fancy cakes ! kiddin aside, Nice progress mate  ;)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #36 on: Sep 03, 2011, 04:43 AM »
Thanks Guys ;D

Reminds me of those french fancy cakes !

well its in keeping with my Mando Sundae concept ;D LOL

Woke up at 6 this morning and could not get back to sleep so i got up and got the 2nd colour on me boots.

Shoes 2nd colour on by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Im really pleased with the brown as its Nearly a perfect match to my flightsuit colour.

Now i just have to wait till its dry before i dirty them up. Im thinking of using acrylic paint in loads of water but im not sure. Might try the mud and charcoal idea.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #37 on: Sep 03, 2011, 04:49 AM »
Mud and charcoal are free LOL Ive got plenty out the back as we have a coal fire. Your a dab hand at weathering anyway mate, ye dont need any help  ;) Once this is all put together it will lose the sundae look, I think it's brill  ;)

« Reply #38 on: Sep 03, 2011, 08:36 AM »
Niabi, what can I say? I just think the attention to detail pj all your wips is commendable, I'm really looking forward to seeing you finished mate.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #39 on: Sep 05, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Thanks Vode ;D

I was going to start weathering the boots straight away until i saw a note on the paint "Leave to dry for a minimum of 72 hours"  so im waiting.

However i do a an update. a box of joy arrived the the US today containing:

Pouches by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

« Reply #40 on: Sep 06, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Where did you get the BOOTS?!?! :o

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #41 on: Sep 07, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Where did you get the BOOTS?!?! :o

The Boots are By Man of War Studio over on TDH he also sells on ebay. they are awesome boots and very comfy.   

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #42 on: Sep 07, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Man alive ! How many pouches do ye need ? LOL I need 4 like those or 2 pair by the look, where did ye get them ?

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #43 on: Sep 07, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Man alive ! How many pouches do ye need ? LOL I need 4 like those or 2 pair by the look, where did ye get them ?

You can never have enough pouches ;D LOL I got them of ebay in a job lot for 6 ($10 ish) was well pleased for the price ;D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #44 on: Sep 07, 2011, 03:28 PM »
Would you be selling any ? Im needing 2 pair. I would happily cover yer cost's  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!