Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Niabi's Soft Parts WIP

• 72 Replies

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Niabi's Soft Parts WIP
« on: Jun 19, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Hi Vode. Well I have started on my soft parts.

Here is a Mock up of my Vest made out of faux leather. I know its a bit long but this was only really a mock up to see how it goes. On my final one I plane to end the vest under the Girth belt. im hoping to make the final vest out of Leather. I have been thinking of using a leather embossed with a Crocodile patten to look like its made out of a Trandoshan hide ;D   

Any hoo what do you think of the Mock up vest / Trandoshan hide idea? 

Test vest by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Niabi's Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Looks good mate , If this works out you can start making them for us  ;)

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2011, 02:54 PM »
looks good bud  ;)

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2011, 09:53 AM »
I would only say the neck line looks a little... just a skosh mind you...  small around the neck.  But the rest looks very good.  (And yes, I understand the waste line will be moved up.)

As for Trandoshan hide, you betcha!  I know you said you were thinking about leather, however, would even consider using vinyl.  It really has come a long way and would be much lighter and I would say, much less expensive than leather. 

Anyway, just a suggestion.

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Thanks Vode :)

I might use vinyl instead of leather but will depend on what I can get that will look right.

I cant take any credit for the Vest as that’s all my Mums work. I will however be doing all the sowing on my Jump suit, which brings me to...   

Just a quick update

As I took today off work as its Summer solstice, what better way to spend your day than slaving over a sowing machine. Any hoo here is my Dickies Redhawk (I actually brought 2 so I could use one for parts)

Dickies Redhawk by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Yep is big and baggy.

I cut up my 2nd jump suit and removed the sleeves. Here we go.

Dickies Redhawk by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr 

any hoo more to come tonight ;D Hopefully all the sowing will be done and it will be ready for Dyeing

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Well after a day of sowing I think the jump suit is done.
Legs and arms reduced in size for better fit and shortened, Half sleeves added, and neck seal added. Logos and zips removed just got to dye it and weather it up. What do you think? 

mando jump suit by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Looks good mate , Glad to see you eat your Porridge in the morning LOL  ;D

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Jun 21, 2011, 02:50 PM »
i hope it's not going to stay that bright, we'll need sunglasses  ;D  ;)

« Reply #8 on: Jun 21, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Awesome! Loving the neck seal b^^d

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2011, 04:03 AM »
Thanks Vode ;D

Got to have your porridge in the morning... sets you up for the day ;D

I am hoping to Dye it a Tan colour, if I can find a colour fast dye as the one I’ve got is not :(

I have a question about possible boots... Im thinking of getting these:

I know that the dickies logo on the front will need to be covered / removed but apart from that what do you think?

« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2011, 04:13 AM »
Good work on the flightsuit, well worth the work you've put in to create the double sleeves!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #11 on: Jun 23, 2011, 07:15 AM »
yep they'll be fine, just remember to remove all logos.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2011, 10:40 AM »
Comfy boots are a must mate , Look great  ;)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #13 on: Jul 04, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Small update.

I dyed my flight suite, it came out too light so need to get some more Dye and and dye it again. All so my gloves arrived today ;D here they are:

glove 1 by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

glove 2 by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

they are going to be dyed to match the flight suite I might add some patches to the fingers like Boba's but im not sure we shall see.

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Jul 04, 2011, 09:14 PM »
How far up will you be bringing your sleeves?  will they obscure the buttons and eyelets?

Love the boots too!  good pick!

Aliit orishya taldin.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #15 on: Jul 05, 2011, 03:04 AM »
How far up will you be bringing your sleeves?  will they obscure the buttons and eyelets?

The sleeve will be just under the bottom of the gloves so the Button and eyelet will be visible in a homage to the great Boba's Gloves.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #16 on: Jul 22, 2011, 09:56 AM »
small update. i went and looked at the boots i was planning on getting. 

YEE GODS they where heavy. Probably great on a building site but i do not want to troop with lead weights on me feet. So i have found some different boots that i am much happier with (was rather pleased i managed to snag a pair). Pics when they arrive. until then  im keeping them a secret.

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Pics when they arrive. until then  im keeping them a secret.

I know what you're getting...  ;D

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2011, 11:58 AM »
You might want to take in some of the baggy-ness of the thighs. Coveralls are made to go over your normal clothes. It will help to clean up the overall look in the end.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2011, 12:20 PM »
You might want to take in some of the baggy-ness of the thighs. Coveralls are made to go over your normal clothes. It will help to clean up the overall look in the end.

already done it ;D

Jump suit dyed:

Jump suit dyed by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Its a bit darker in RL  sort of a dark biscuit colour ;D (got to keep the Sundae going LOL)

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2011, 01:59 PM »
it's all coming together nicely bud. not long now to being finnished eh?.  ;)

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Awesome bro! Looks great!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #22 on: Aug 01, 2011, 02:06 PM »
Thanks vode ;D

Small update my "Top secret" (apart from Nate) boots have arrived ;D and im super pleased with them.

Boots by man of war studios by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

They need colouring with fabric paint, im thinking brown all over atm.

My Leather for my Vest, karma, belts, and spats (if iv got enough) has also arrived. got it off the good old bay of e but the description was not overly accurate and its a lot thicker than i thought it was going to be so i may have to hand sew it all witch would not be fun.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #23 on: Aug 01, 2011, 02:11 PM »
what did they cost?.

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #24 on: Aug 01, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Looking good buddy - Brown would look awesome but maybe you want to think about making use of those stripes. All the rest of your gear is Brown/ Cream / black it could work quite nicely?

BTW, I used acrylic paints and lots of water - those boots do soak it up nicely and you end up dying them basically. They stay within the stripe area really well too. Looking forward to seeing your boots next step (pun intended) ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!