Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Animal Pelt, Poor taste?

• 19 Replies

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Animal Pelt, Poor taste?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Nevada has very easy hunting laws when it comes to Coyotes. Personally I do like them, though. I've never personally had any problems with them. In fact, even thought we have a very high population of them in Nevada, I've only seen three in the 30 years I've lived here. There are plenty of people who sell the pelts around here. I do like the idea of the Form Head though, very alien dog looking and I can make a lot of changes to the form to make it look even MORE alien looking. Then I can layer it on top with either a real pelt that I buy or some realistic faux fur.

Tirilia

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #16 on: Jun 21, 2011, 05:35 PM »
A good friend of mine is a furrier (not a furry, someone who deals in fur). And any time she gets yelled at or abused for wearing it, she always has a good reply. "Do you eat meat? Oh you do? Well here's a deal for you, take off your lovely leather boots and I'll take off my fur, how about that" Usually the person is left stammering and stuttering after her as she walks off.

Do people think the animal is Offended in some way that not all of it got used after it died? "Oh good at least they didnt eat my tail" "Oh thank goodness they don't wear my skin"

I say go for it :D But make it look alien!

MMWA

• This one is just for you!
« Reply #17 on: Jun 21, 2011, 05:49 PM »
watch the ghost rider movie again. all the bad guys wore exotic animal skins. real skins like stingray eal and turtle skins. there isnt a thing wrong with it. use what you can and what you will. let the people bark all they want. they dont have to buy it or wear it....

Mandalorian Metal Works and Armor a subsidiary of Mandalmotors. get all your  weapons at a discounted price without all of the Imperial entanglements.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #18 on: Jun 22, 2011, 12:45 AM »
Therefore, if you did a legal thing where you live and be harassed for it, you can tell them that you wear animal pelt because human hide was sold out... that usually works :D

well played

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

MMWA

• This one is just for you!
« Reply #19 on: Jun 22, 2011, 01:41 PM »
hahaha

Mandalorian Metal Works and Armor a subsidiary of Mandalmotors. get all your  weapons at a discounted price without all of the Imperial entanglements.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!