Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jet pack question?

• 10 Replies
Jet pack question?
« on: Jun 28, 2011, 12:41 PM »
instead of a jetpack , can we do something like Cad Banes ankle boosters ?

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Jet pack question?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2011, 12:57 PM »
don't see why not, it's in universe. and if i remember rightly, someone was doing some last year, i think. can't remember who tho'.

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Slade Kel is doing or already finish a pair he was working on. 

Sounds like a plan.....

Formally Mereel A’denla

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Certainly you could, and they should be fairly recognizable if similar in style to Cad Bane's. My concern would be that if you stray too far in design changes, it might end up looking out of place and the general public would have no idea what they are.
Looking forward to seeing what your design looks like.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2011, 05:56 AM »
something like these  8)

DendrosGenet

• Nuh'la dini'la! It's CRAZY fun!
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2011, 06:41 AM »
NICE!!! I like that Idea!!!

"Let's do this!"

"Nuh'la dini'la! It's CRAZY fun!"

Member #1152

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Toth that is looking great, perhaps add a couple strips of sintra around the cylindrical top portion to give it some extra detail.
Other than that, I'd say you just need to paint it up and you're ready to rock!

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Slade Kel is doing or already finish a pair he was working on. 
Yep, I have a pair that I wear with my SWG-style kit. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=32629.msg504895#msg504895 link's directly to the only post I seem to have with a good clear shot of them. They're in the last two pics in that post. They've been repainted since then, but I haven't gotten around to getting pics taken.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Thaxos

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Yep, I have a pair that I wear with my SWG-style kit. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=32629.msg504895#msg504895 link's directly to the only post I seem to have with a good clear shot of them. They're in the last two pics in that post. They've been repainted since then, but I haven't gotten around to getting pics taken.

Not sure if it's just me, but none of your images in that thread are showing up for me... Not even getting the broken link image from photobucket, they simply don't show up.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2011, 07:50 AM »
They show up fine to me. What browser are you using? And, off of that, have you cleared your cache lately? Sometimes too much crap in the cache can prevent images and such from loading.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Thaxos

« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2011, 11:03 AM »
They show up fine to me. What browser are you using? And, off of that, have you cleared your cache lately? Sometimes too much crap in the cache can prevent images and such from loading.
Figured it out, it's just the computer at work with IE 8. Stupid thing   :rolleyes:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!