Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tanker boots

• 11 Replies
Tanker boots
« on: Sep 07, 2011, 10:15 PM »
Was wondering if anyone uses them and if they would be allowed?

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=5713&tabid=548&catid=384

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Tanker boots
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2011, 10:38 PM »
My boot's are very similar, but the majority of the boot is covered by the leg of my flightsuit and boot armour.

Aysel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2011, 10:49 PM »
I don't see why those wouldn't work, they don't appear to have laces

tal nu'gotalu verd - ijaat vaabi
MAJIC (Mandos against jetpacks in combat) member #001

M5 #33

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2011, 11:32 PM »
They would work fine, but the PRICE,,,,,,, OUCH! Honestly, you're getting into decent helmet price there.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2011, 12:34 AM »
They would work fine, but the PRICE,,,,,,, OUCH!

Not really...That is about average for a decent pair of boots.  You, generally, need to spend at least $80 for a quality pair of boots. Anything less than $50 is probably junk.  Custom boots can run $250-500 or more.  If you are on your feet all day trooping, you are going to want a decent pair of boots.  A good pair of boots will pay for themselves many times over and last you several years.  Junk boots will fall apart or wear out in about a year.  Your feet will thank you for purchasing good boots.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

MMWA

• This one is just for you!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2011, 12:37 AM »
i use them nothing wrong at all with them also they served me very well in military use for 8 years. (then retired them to the costume world.) very comfortable. worth every penny spent on them

Mandalorian Metal Works and Armor a subsidiary of Mandalmotors. get all your  weapons at a discounted price without all of the Imperial entanglements.

Ali Konshi

• Everything has a price...
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2011, 12:54 AM »
Oh, man!  That 's cheaper than the tankers I wanted.  (300+)

If only they had them in dark brown...

"The hawk with talent hides it's talons"

M.A.J.I.C. #38

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2011, 08:57 AM »
Not really...That is about average for a decent pair of boots.  You, generally, need to spend at least $80 for a quality pair of boots. Anything less than $50 is probably junk.  Custom boots can run $250-500 or more.  If you are on your feet all day trooping, you are going to want a decent pair of boots.  A good pair of boots will pay for themselves many times over and last you several years.  Junk boots will fall apart or wear out in about a year.  Your feet will thank you for purchasing good boots.

Your point is correct if you are buying them for daily, or even 'routine' use. For me nothing from daily life crosses into my costuming,except maybe my skivvies. Dropping that much on a pair of boots I might wear a total of 40 hours in a year? I'll get something more reasonably priced and put a decent pair of insoles in. Not to mention with your flight suit, shin plates, and boot armor added, you won't see much of them anyway. Now keep in mind, this is just ME talking, I'm cheap,  :D. It's your kit, and if your set on those, go for it, I'm sure they will look great.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

MMWA

• This one is just for you!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2011, 10:46 AM »
Oh, man!  That 's cheaper than the tankers I wanted.  (300+)

If only they had them in dark brown...

the suedes you can "mudd up" if you wanted by using leather dies. just be careful certain dies will turn the tan leather into a red leather even though the bottle says dark brown

Mandalorian Metal Works and Armor a subsidiary of Mandalmotors. get all your  weapons at a discounted price without all of the Imperial entanglements.

Ali Konshi

• Everything has a price...
« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2011, 11:10 AM »
the suedes you can "mudd up" if you wanted by using leather dies. just be careful certain dies will turn the tan leather into a red leather even though the bottle says dark brown

Thanks!  One of our clan members is good with dyes, so I can get her help on that.  Hadn't thought of dying boots.

"The hawk with talent hides it's talons"

M.A.J.I.C. #38
« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2011, 03:35 PM »
I own a couple pairs already from my time as a tanker in the US Army.  so price was not a concern just more if they would be allowed.

Jerek Darr

« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Well heck! Why didn't you SAY that? If you already have them, then use them!  :D

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!