Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

For those in need of a CHEAP flightsuit...

• 19 Replies
For those in need of a CHEAP flightsuit...
« on: Jul 24, 2011, 01:33 PM »
... I found these the other day while looking for some pants for myself. I decided this was such a good deal I went ahead and bought one for myself and my boyfriend.

There's only Black and Dark Navy left but at 19.99 and the coolness of them, I can work around that for my second kit :P

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-75004.html

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: For those in need of a CHEAP flightsuit...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2011, 09:06 AM »
Wow... Awesome find...!!

scorch sesom

• Every thing is better with a fiery explosion!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2011, 02:21 AM »
WOW  that was a good find i ordered mine already it was about 30 shipped ill post pics when i get it

Progress
armor: 90%painting
buy'ce: 100% completed
soft parts: 50% need to dye jump suit again
weapons: 0%still brain storming

Lie to me once shame on You
Lie to me twice and i will chase u with a base ball bat
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2011, 02:32 AM »
I already have mine.... but I paid ten dollars more for it when I got it. It is a little heavier then I thought it would be but looks good. I will try and get some pics up tomorrow with it on me to show how it looks.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2011, 02:59 AM »
Just ordered mine........looking forward to geting it.  ;D

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2011, 09:54 AM »
Yeah the one thing bad about online shopping.. shipping! ^^ It was totally worth it though! Can't wait to get back from vacation and start working on my second kit :)

Jesper Karr

• 120 kilos of detonite with a hair trigger
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2011, 12:10 PM »
haha i ordered one as well.  Dark navy should go with my plates pretty well

Jesper Karr

"At least once in her life, every woman should kiss a dangerous man."

Armor WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80371.0
Soft Parts WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80368.0
Leg wrap tutorial - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70051.msg1061611#msg1061611

InvalidEffort

• The Zip Tie Mando
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Picked one up Im Pretty pumped, and now I dont need to destrow my A-wing flightsuit  ;D...thanks guys saved a bunch

"The Internet where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents"

Jerex Ker

• That which doesn't kill me only makes me angrier.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2011, 11:25 PM »
These are great suits. i ordered two when I got mine last month. However, if you are over 5' 11" or so you may find that even the Long ones are a bit tight from shoulders to crotch. Everywhere else is a pretty decent fit. I am 6' 1" and can only bend a slight degree while wearing mine.

I am planning to sell my extra one. It is a Dark Navy 38 Long.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2011, 10:17 PM »
These are great suits. i ordered two when I got mine last month. However, if you are over 5' 11" or so you may find that even the Long ones are a bit tight from shoulders to crotch. Everywhere else is a pretty decent fit. I am 6' 1" and can only bend a slight degree while wearing mine.

I am planning to sell my extra one. It is a Dark Navy 38 Long.

I agree. I received mine a couple of weeks ago. Ordered a 48 long. At 6'4" it's not to tight from top to bottom but I wouldn't want to be any taller.
The only slight problem I had was getting it off around the shoulders. It is heavier duty and a little thicker than I had imagined. I may have to find a lighter weight suit for trooping in warmer/hotter weather.

Formerly Darth Crowley

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #10 on: Jul 30, 2011, 03:34 AM »
Got mine in ! Its great ! I'm 6' 1" and wear a 48 regular. I ordered a 50 regular and have plenty of room between the shoulders and crotch area. The sleeves and legs are a little long but they will be rolled back and covered by my guantlets and boots anyways. I love the weight of it. You can tell its a durable garmet.

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2011, 04:48 AM »
Here I am in the one I purchased...  I am 6'4 and about 200, this is a 46 Long and I have no problem getting in and out of it. You can see that the legs and sleeves are a little long, but those parts will be covered.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

scorch sesom

« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2011, 02:14 PM »
so i got mine today and it seems big the sleeves are long and baggy will that be a problem?

Progress

« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2011, 12:53 AM »
Got mine today. 48 reg. Tried it on and........ ???. I'm 5'10" stocky build, it fitted me in the shoulders perfectly but the crotch was at mid thighs and over all, the suit was a tad baggy. 

Lightsabers, blasters, heck with them. The only weapon you need is a 2x4 with a nail in it!

scorch sesom

« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2011, 01:34 AM »
Got mine today. 48 reg. Tried it on and........ ???. I'm 5'10" stocky build, it fitted me in the shoulders perfectly but the crotch was at mid thighs and over all, the suit was a tad baggy. 
thats how mine was i always have too get the tall flight suits and mine was the same

Progress

« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2011, 05:41 PM »
I'm 6ft average build and only ones left are black 46 reg. I measured myself and it seems it would fit correct, but I usually get long stuff. I'm worried about it being to tight shoulder to crotch.
anyone know if it's the correct size it states, like you know how you try on 2 types of shoes and depending on the brand one is a half size off?

"You may have a quick witt... but my trigger finger is quicker." -Kei' Lyk

Please excuse the old SWG Signature, It's my concept armor. I'll take out the SWG stuff in it when I get PS load

scorch sesom

« Reply #16 on: Aug 05, 2011, 09:38 PM »
I'm 6ft average build and only ones left are black 46 reg. I measured myself and it seems it would fit correct, but I usually get long stuff. I'm worried about it being to tight shoulder to crotch.
anyone know if it's the correct size it states, like you know how you try on 2 types of shoes and depending on the brand one is a half size off?
im 5 9 and i bought the 46 long  it was really long big on me the legs were really long same with the arms i could sell you mine so i can buy the 46 reg which would probably fit me

Progress

« Reply #17 on: Aug 06, 2011, 02:37 AM »
im 5 9 and i bought the 46 long  it was really long big on me the legs were really long same with the arms i could sell you mine so i can buy the 46 reg which would probably fit me

I ordered one earlier today. I have no idea if it will be a good fit, but according to the sizing it says it will. I'll have to see when it comes. I'll keep you updated on it.

"You may have a quick witt... but my trigger finger is quicker." -Kei' Lyk

Please excuse the old SWG Signature, It's my concept armor. I'll take out the SWG stuff in it when I get PS load

Jarvis Dimmias Falco

• M.A.J.I.C. #39
« Reply #18 on: Aug 24, 2011, 05:47 PM »
I ordered one earlier today. I have no idea if it will be a good fit, but according to the sizing it says it will. I'll have to see when it comes. I'll keep you updated on it.
  Splintered.  I also bought the 46 regular a while back, it works well,  however I'm 5'7" and the crotch is "just right" if you "know what I mean", now it is a little tight around my shoulders so I need a hand getting out of it there. Please keep in mind im over 200lbs though too so Im sure my fat -censored- plays into that.  Just a heads up from an actual owner.

All Arrhythmias straighten themselves out at the end.

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2011, 03:38 PM »
I was going to buy one of these, but they were out of my size (short only).  I found some Mil-surp options for a similar price at a local military supply store.  The nomex mil-surp stuff is more comfortable and rugged looking IMHO than the 65/35% poly-cotton stuff anyway.  You just have to make sure it's in decent shape (some are missing zippers or have small holes/stains)

If anyone can wear a 33 - 37" chest (Regular Length), I suggest contacting Patriot Mania (they have a website) in Jacksonville, FL.  They have an OD green mil-surp Nomex flight suit for $5.  They offered it to me for that because it had a 4"x4" oil-stain on the right abdomen.  I would have bought it, but it wouldn't zip on me (38" chest here).

They have some really comfortable Nomex mil-surp flight suits for $20-25 too.  They're not in brand-new shape, but they definitely suit the weathered look.

Jark'osa Hauza -- Mandalorian Gunslinger

Photos , Short Biography , Armor Build thread

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!