Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jacad's Jetpack

• 47 Replies

Jacad Moonstar

• The Ghost of Alaris Prime
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Jacad's Jetpack WIP 90% complete!
« Reply #25 on: Aug 25, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Here is the second proposed Missile

(Note that Greeblie 1 can fit the top of the jetpack snug)

(Greeblie 5 & 4 alone wouldn't be able to fit on the top of the pack)

MVS Founder

♫Springtime for Vader and Palpatine! Winter time for Alderaan and Hoth!♫
Re: Jacad's Jetpack WIP 85% complete!
« Reply #26 on: Aug 26, 2011, 01:05 AM »
wow nice  ;D

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #27 on: Aug 29, 2011, 12:34 PM »
I want one. Looking good ;)

Jacad Moonstar

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #28 on: Sep 04, 2011, 07:06 PM »
Just worked on my missile, Just need to weather it up and use hot glue to stick all the part together.

After that, I'm going to need to make a harness...somehow

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

Re: Jacad's Jetpack WIP 95% complete!
« Reply #29 on: Sep 06, 2011, 12:54 AM »
Alright chaps, just finished up my missile *PICTURES WILL BE COMING SOON!!!*

Now there is one last thing that must be done for my Jetpack to be considered complete, and that is a harness system.

What can be done to make a very basic but strudy harness?

MVS Founder

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #30 on: Sep 06, 2011, 10:25 AM »
if your pack is not too heavy, just use a simple webbing harness like i did. Basically over and under your shoulders and round your chest. i had no problems with mine over a full day. but make sure you pad the shoulder straps. i didn't and it dug in.  ;)

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Sep 07, 2011, 01:00 PM »
What the heck was greeblie #3 and where did you find it?  I like that piece...

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #32 on: Sep 07, 2011, 07:57 PM »
What the heck was greeblie #3 and where did you find it?  I like that piece...
You know that Hasbro Build your own Lightsaber toy set that came about 3 years ago? That is supposed to be the Lightsaber Emitter for Darth Maul's Lightsaber  ;D
Realizing that I still had it laying around, I kept it around after having for a while

Unable to find anything to fill the expose areas, I lucklily found the blade that came with it, cut it the emitter's length and I painted it silver

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2011, 02:26 AM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #33 on: Sep 07, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Good news Guys, just got a new phone with a better camera.

So here's my missile and my missile going on my jetpack

From an old battery powered lantern I found a round piece that can fit on bottom of the missile, with my industrial glue gun, I sealed the bottom of the missile with glue.

That copper pipping is for sticking my missile into the open hole that is slightly larger than the pipe. This is so I can take off my missile and put it back on guranteed that it won't fall off if moved around a bit.

The only thing now is...What in the world would this missile be? Anti-vehicle? A concussion missile? A Cluster missile? A Home-made Diamond boron missile?

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2011, 03:47 PM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #34 on: Sep 08, 2011, 03:27 PM »
I've also got one of those jetpacks. For the last six months it's sat in my shop because I've had no motivation to tackle all the errors in it's design. Good job fixing this up, and nice work on the missile!

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #35 on: Sep 08, 2011, 03:55 PM »
High yeild EMP, capable of shutting down ground attack vehicles and un-sheilded ships.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #36 on: Sep 08, 2011, 06:51 PM »
High yeild EMP, capable of shutting down ground attack vehicles and un-sheilded ships.
a DEMP?

Specified for taking down droids, disabling vehicles, and incapacitating organic targets via electrocution... hmmmm 8)

MVS Founder

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #37 on: Sep 08, 2011, 08:08 PM »
It don't have to blow up, to be out of the fight.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #38 on: Sep 09, 2011, 02:28 AM »
Excellent work.  Nice and sleek.  Superb job on the missile!

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #39 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Here's a full body shot of my pack

(That is aluminum tape on the bottom, the only bug I've been trying to fix is the jetpack nozzles falling off. The Good news is, they are no longer falling off and yes, thats kitty doo doo at the bottom right)

« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2011, 12:47 PM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #40 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:14 PM »
I've also got one of those jetpacks. For the last six months it's sat in my shop because I've had no motivation to tackle all the errors in it's design. Good job fixing this up, and nice work on the missile!
Thank you  ;D

I can pretty much tell you the errors this pack nearly ripped all my hair out in frustration.

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #41 on: Sep 13, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Hey Everyone, I just posted an interest thread.

The link is Here

I did say I can make more of these Jetpacks, but out of Sintra this time, rather than Cardboard plastic.

MVS Founder

« Reply #42 on: Sep 17, 2011, 11:50 AM »
 :o nice pack i love what u did with the rocket

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #43 on: Oct 25, 2011, 01:49 AM »
Alright chaps, I just about to put some final touches to my harness....

Any idea how I'm going to attach clips on my Jetpack? My back plate is made of 6mm Sintra

edit: Oh, about the full pic of my pack, I painted the Aluminim tape...

MVS Founder

Jerek Darr

Re: Jacad's Jetpack WIP 99% complete!
« Reply #44 on: Oct 25, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Chicago screws.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #45 on: Oct 26, 2011, 02:20 AM »
Just installed Screws on my backplate and got my Jetpack Attached to my harness.

I am experiancing a bug that I'll be fixing shortly: Using webbing straps and buckles with adjustable pull. The weight of my jetpack is causing the harness to go up and the Jetpack sinks below where I want it. To fix this, I need to mark where exactly i want the straps and hand sew that area to keep my jetpack in place, permantly

MVS Founder

Adan Ordo

• The soon to be complete death watch mandlorian
« Reply #46 on: Oct 26, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Thoose are sweet won't mind getting some templates

The reason for armor is for you can get close enough to a person with a blaster to attack him with your sword

Jacad Moonstar

Re: Jacad's Jetpack
« Reply #47 on: Oct 29, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Finally completed my pack, pics of its completion on my kit will come soon

MVS Founder

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!