Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Roki's MS:C Bucket (new paint apps, page 6 !)

• 87 Replies

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Roki's MS:C Bucket (new paint apps, page 6 !)
« on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:20 PM »
I'm afraid i'm going to be pulling a Bio here and tossing this up as a little placeholder post for now.  My helmet just shipped and its on the way so when it gets here (hopefully lat next week) i'll beable to post more.   But for now... here's to waiting for Roki's NoodleProtector !

minor edit -
concept art work created by our very own Ceric Neesh

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:20 AM by Rokeim Gekla » Logged

Tag'ric Krigen

• Beowulf from HVM
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Roki's Bucket
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:25 PM »
**Pulls up a lawn chair, cracks a frosty one, puts up feet and prepares to wait**  ;)

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Facebook Profile

Prudii Vok'Chi

• Official Number 0014
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008, 11:22 PM »
**I'll join ya buddy**

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2008, 07:39 AM »
sets up camp...."i aint leaving till you are done" lol...i cant wait to see this...and by the way...nice colours...one of my welsh vod has a similar scheme...with the same colours! looking forward to seeing the lid...maybe...you two could trade lids lol...he has a rubies 2 piece hehe

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2008, 08:51 AM »
Ah, I see someone else picked up a MS custom bucket. :D

Rokeim Gekla

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Hehe.. yeah.  Its another MS custom,  i think 4 of the 10 are going to be here at Mercs (correct me if i'm wrong.. Novall, Ceric, Allora, Myself).   Like i said above, its just concept.. i might change things around a little.  It also doesnt show weathering (still deciding on how beat-up i want to make it) and whether i want to use regular stickers or go the ink-jet water-slide decal route.   Any suggestions on that ?

Legion

• Good, bad...I'm the guy with guns on my wrists.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:08 PM »
Hehe.. yeah.  Its another MS custom,  i think 4 of the 10 are going to be here at Mercs (correct me if i'm wrong.. Novall, Ceric, Allora, Myself).   Like i said above, its just concept.. i might change things around a little.  It also doesnt show weathering (still deciding on how beat-up i want to make it) and whether i want to use regular stickers or go the ink-jet water-slide decal route.   Any suggestions on that ?

I'm sorry, what? I'm still back there with the lawnchairs and cold ones. ;D

| MMCC #0058 | Trendsetter: The original coated Mando.

Allora Vill'ani

• Success comes from being true to your soul.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Hey join the club. Like I said I will be buying my second tomorrow. It's a gorgeous bucket.

How heavy of a commando are you doing? Clamshell or halfshell (slightly more than Jango)?

Allora
*briikase*

Tracyn be Mando hettir o'r ner kar'ta

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:30 PM »
Slightly more than  Jango.   Bicep plates, neck armor,  no cod.. doing a little something different (i just wanna beable to sit down :-D ).  Might even add a couple small plates along side the belly armor's side tabs for more protection there,  and i'm also making the chest plates a little bit shorter so i can fit in some middle pieces there (see my Armor thread for a preliminary template pic).    In general.. i'm just playing around with ideas right now.  :-D

Allora Vill'ani

• Success comes from being true to your soul.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Awesome, glad to have another heavy Mando around!

You will love the helmet, I do, that's why I bought a second! Can't wait to see yours painted!

Allora
*briikase*

Tracyn be Mando hettir o'r ner kar'ta

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2008, 12:26 AM »
Nice helmet! ;P

Yeah, I think we have 4 of'em here.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2008, 01:22 PM »
**Pulls up a lawn chair, cracks a frosty one, puts up feet and prepares to wait**  ;)
   WAAAhaaa haa    that's what I talking about.!!!

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Rokeim Gekla

Re: Roki's MS:C Bucket
« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2008, 12:17 AM »
Huzzah !  The helmet showed up today.   As soon as i can buy a Dremel i'll start getting to work on it and get progress pics up  ;D

Legion

• Good, bad...I'm the guy with guns on my wrists.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Know something? I think I hate you now. :P

| MMCC #0058 | Trendsetter: The original coated Mando.

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2008, 12:36 AM »
BAH ! I'm immune to your hatred.. for i have my magic helmet !

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Oogie boogie BOO ! Dead Topic Reviveth !

PROGRESS !  Got a Dremel (finnaly) a couple weeks back and i now have all the proper areas cut out.   Granted its not much overall progress.. but hey, it is what it is  ;D

I cut out the front and back grills to accommodate fans.  The rear set of circular cut outs are going to be hose intakes, and for the smaller pair i'm going to fit in 1/4" panel-style red LED's.  

After i figure out the hose situation, and a couple other details, i'll get this thing painted up  :)

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2010, 08:33 PM by Rokeim Gekla » Logged

Axon Kor Verda

• Slicers like splodies too!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Sweet buy'ce...can not wait to see this painted up.

**joins the lawn chair crew and passes out new frosty cold ones**

Fighting the good fight since 2008 and still getting my shebs kicked...

Kris Lyssara

• Call me Kris
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 12:24 PM »
*would join lawn chair crew if it weren't for the fact that I'm finishing mine*

My helmet's cooler than yours.  =p

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 01:08 PM »
definitely going to be watching your progress ner burc'ya, should prove interesting.

**doesn't have a lawnchair but plops onto the ground next to axon's, closer to the new frosty cold ones**

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Crixler Atiniir

• Modwheelmandalorian
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 01:54 PM »
This looks like a cool project!

*Also lacks a lawn chair, sits on ground but settles for a cherry coke instead*

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2008, 08:29 PM »

This is from Hydra too.  This.. is definately the cherry on the ice cream  ;D 

MARROW SUN

« Reply #21 on: Jun 04, 2008, 11:25 AM »
I really like those colours!  That's going to look really sharp!

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Jun 04, 2008, 12:09 PM »
i agree with master marrow sun, this is gonna look sharp when its done man! (oh and congrats on getting the lid......i envy you)

CIBA FETT

« Reply #23 on: Jun 04, 2008, 12:46 PM »
the bucket looks sweet. 

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #24 on: Jun 04, 2008, 12:59 PM »
I really like those colours!  That's going to look really sharp!

Praise from the Master himself, i'm honored !

As soon as i get some gas mask hoses sourced, i'll get this helmet to the paint shop and gete it painted up  :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!