Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Is this usable?

• 10 Replies

Beril

Is this usable?
« on: Sep 03, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Is this usable, or would something else be better suited for armor?
http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-75004.html

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Is this usable?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:03 PM »
Don't see why not.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Beril

« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Would the short work for a 5'7" person?

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Honestly, no idea. They have a sizing chart, but it looks like you will need to take some measurements.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Arashi

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:44 PM »
I am 5'6" and I usually wear a 'regular' not a 'short'  though I will sometimes have to hem the pants on stuff.

Aysel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:54 PM »
keep in mind that you'll have your boots on and you can tuck them in if you need to

tal nu'gotalu verd - ijaat vaabi
MAJIC (Mandos against jetpacks in combat) member #001

M5 #33

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2011, 05:58 AM »
According to the sizing chart, short, medium, and long are determined by your inseam. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam, so the short would work for me and for you it would probably be the same.

That's a great price! I think  know where I'm getting my next jumpsuit from.

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Corvax

« Reply #7 on: Sep 04, 2011, 08:45 AM »
I usually cringe when I see a topic about "can I use this".  But thank you!  I had lost that link (Thinking of getting a black one for a SHIELD agent costume) during my last computer mishap!  Thanks.

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Beril

« Reply #8 on: Sep 04, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Thanks for the help. Probably be ordering mine by the end of the day.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2011, 01:44 PM »
Be careful with 5.11 gear. They use cotton that HAS NOT been preshrunk. I found out the hard way with a pair of duty pants. They make incredible gear and I've become a 5.11 brand-whore for duty gear. But they don't always mention the materials issue.

Kick losses to punch, punch loses to knee, knee loses to elbow, elbow loses to kick.

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Bah...no green or grey in my size (or at all, it seems). Too bad as the price just can't be beat for a good suit.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!