Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

i hate being bored at work.....

• 2 Replies

Mah-Nu Oor

• Clan: Firaxan
i hate being bored at work.....
« on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:04 PM »
So, not haveing my blaster to work on is taking it's toll on me.  I randomly came across a post about a Bes'bev.  Following a link to Instructables.com i found PVC Flutes.  Then in the comments i found a site with a diagram for hole layouts, and stuff.  So in that page, i see a picture with it all laid out.  Here is the link, it's very helpfull as opposed to (if) anyone was going to just drill random holes down a tube. 

http://www.friendlyplumber.com/pipe_flute.html

Here is the diagram i was talking about;

anyways, unlike my blaster thread, i will include pictures here step by step, and hopefully it will not only look like a bad -censored- throat sticker, but will sound great too!

Forgive me is any of this is old news, the last post in refrence i found was roughly a year ago.

M.A.J.I.C. Member # 53

Mah-Nu Oor

• Clan: Firaxan
Re: i hate being bored at work.....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:41 PM »
So the plans call for a piece of PVC 15" long.  i cut a 17" piece

Then tapered it out to a point, this is the end cleaned/uncleaned;

then drilled the holes;

what is not shown is the end where the mouth hole is, is sealed.  and after roughly an hour of work.....  i have what looks like a flute that does not play notes, lol.  just WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH  :laugh: ....  I think is has to do with the fact that i didn't add an elevated part ontop of the mouth whole....  Or maybe the fact that i didn't understand half of the instructions (no musical knowledge  AT all lol).  either way, after i paint it it will at least look good.  I don't plan on having this part of my costume, i was just bored and needed something to do. 

M.A.J.I.C. Member # 53

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
Re: i hate being bored at work.....
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Looks great!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!