Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Acceptable Trophies?

• 34 Replies

SnowWhite33

• The accident prone mando
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Acceptable Trophies?
« on: Sep 18, 2011, 04:56 PM »
I was curious other then wookie braids what are some acceptable trophies?
Also would "fingers" or "finger bones" be acceptable? On another thread I thought some one was using teeth.

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

DUDE..... SWEET.....DUDE....SWEET

Arashi

Re: Acceptable Trophies?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Claws, fangs, bones, braids, broken weapons.  If you want to go all barbaric, body parts that still have flesh on them.

Could even have one of your kits weapons be a trophy...wookie bowcaster or the like.

SnowWhite33

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Thanks! I wasn't sure being family friendly!
I love hearing the answer I want!   ;D

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

Arashi

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2011, 07:09 PM »
I've seen people do all of the stuff I listed on kits.  I would say about anything goes for a trophy, short of doing something like the very non-family friendly trophy from the movie Your Higness...that would surely not fly.

SnowWhite33

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2011, 07:25 PM »
I was thinking maybe a couple finger bones a zabbrak horn or 2. I'm thinking of hanging them from a wookie braid. Nothing gruesome just bone teeth & such.

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2011, 07:52 PM »
i am making the wife a bone claw from "rightstuff" foam with a epoxy coating then bondo.
i sanded it a bit but left all kinds of ridges and crevisis on it .
later i plan to paint it off white with a brown wash then poly it
also on hte side that wouls have been attached to a fingure i made it jagged as if it was ripped out of the fingure.
might even paint some dried blood there and glue some sort of a craft fur to it
it is about 2 inched around 4 inches long

ID 42518
MMCC 538

SnowWhite33

« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2011, 09:09 PM »
I would love to see the wip or finished claw! Sounds really cool!

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

Arashi

« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Tandy Leather sells some pretty nice resin claws, varying in size from about an inch up to great big 4 inch bear claws.  Could make some pretty nice trophies.

SnowWhite33

« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Dude those rock!!!!

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2011, 02:47 AM »
Lasruin toth lan has rodian ears as a trophy along with other stuff  ;D

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2011, 04:37 AM »
I was talking to someone about padawan braid trophies the other day. Y'know, with a bit of scalp attached still, and the braid hanging down from it. I love the idea, but part of me balks at offending someone while I'm in costume.

SnowWhite33

« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2011, 04:50 AM »
My hubby keeps reminding me "family friendly". I guess if I'm going to a con kids could be seeing a lot worse on tv. And if I thought my kids might be offended I wouldn't take them. If I were going to to a charity or family event I'd consider taking gorey trophies off. But seriously how many wounds were in star wars?!? But this just my opinion.  Everyone has one.

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

Arashi

« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2011, 10:44 AM »
I would rather see gorey trophies at a con than some 300 pound gorilla of a guy dressed as Sailor Moon. 

I would think you would be fine with pretty much anything at a con (have you seen some costumes people wear at cons?), and most things should be fine for other events.  I would just stay away from trophies like the ones in Your Highness...dripping severed ogre heads and severed minotaur genitalia might be a bit much for charity events  :)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #13 on: Sep 19, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Arashi, Mate ! I nearly wet myself when i read that LOL Thanks for the laugh, i needed that  ;D

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Basically you can use anything that wouldn't be classed as Gore. So severed heads bones with flesh and blood is a NO ! . we can't have anything that can offend the public or LucasFilm. Think family friendly guys.  ;)

SnowWhite33

« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Basically you can use anything that wouldn't be classed as Gore. So severed heads bones with flesh and blood is a NO ! . we can't have anything that can offend the public or LucasFilm. Think family friendly guys.  ;)
So as long as it's not gorey can we do bones claws teeth?

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Yes , I have wampa claws & Braids .....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2011, 04:50 PM »
So as long as it's not gorey can we do bones claws teeth?
yes, aslong as it's not gorey  ;) .

SnowWhite33

« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2011, 06:19 PM »
yes, aslong as it's not gorey  ;) .
I can be good no gore! Thanks

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

kotra prudii

• Keeper of the dark flame, Extinguisher of life
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 08:09 PM »
I have a metal lightsaber hilt I made when I was contemplating doing a jedi and joining the rebel legion but that never happened. So my question is this...How would I attach the lightsaber hilt to my armor and keep it from falling off or getting yanked off? It is made of and old piece of sink pipe and the very end of it is a black plastic tube from a telescope. The very end of the black plastic tube has a VERY hard to find crystal carved by a artist that works crystals and well the artist is no longer alive and the crystal I have is one of his last piece's he did. There is no way to remove the black plastic tube from the lightsaber hilt and the crystal is enclosed in the black plastic hilt which has been glued into the metal sink tube with military grade glue. I no longer can get that grade of glue and I am all out so what should I use to connect my lightsaber to my armor and have it as a trophy?

There is no better knowledge than an open book and an open mind reading it.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 07:59 AM »
Really, you want to be hanging it off the back of your belt, not at the front where it could be deemed as useable weapon.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 08:11 AM »
If it's that Important to you don't use it ......

Build another , sounds simple ( Minus the Crystal ) ....

I don't even like Lightsaber Trophies .... a little too Blahzay for me .
Swinging back and forth , What a Pain in the Sheebs .

But that's Just my opinion ...... lot's of mandos Have trophies of the Sort .

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 07:32 PM »
i designed a saber hilt and forged props now makes them in resin you can get them pristine or battle damaged for 25 to 30 dollars

ID 42518
MMCC 538

Viradechtis

• Mando without war is like a starship without space
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 07:35 PM »
On this topic actually, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was off limits to add trophies to your karmas?

I'm going to be apart of the Wampa clan, so I wanted to decorate the bottom of my karma with the teeth and claws of Wampas.

I haven't found anything directly telling me I cant do it, but I figured i'd ask here first.

"Mando without war is like a starship without space." Torian Cadera

Kiel'ani Cardas

• Remembering Princess Leah
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 07:52 PM »
The kama itself? Aaaabsolutely acceptable :D I've seen a lot of those on here, and the wampa clan/wampa trophies will be a nice touch. Just make sure the kama fabric is thick enough to support the extra weight without tearing or running!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!