Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Questions about building or buying first Jetpack

• 9 Replies

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Questions about building or buying first Jetpack
« on: Oct 03, 2011, 03:09 PM »
I've seen numerous jetpacks for sale, ranging from $160 to $700.  I want something similar to either a rocket jetpack or an arena jetpack.  I don't care if it's identical or not, but something close.

What's a reasonable price for something like this?  I am thinking about the generic $170 mando ones on ebay... but at the same time, the price tag is still a bit high for my liking.

I would be up for building one, if it'd be much cheaper.  What would serve as a good base to make a similarly detailed pack?  If it will still end up costing over $120, I'd rather just buy one I think.

Jark'osa Hauza -- Mandalorian Gunslinger

Photos , Short Biography , Armor Build thread

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Questions about building or buying first Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2011, 01:40 AM »
MOW (manowarstudios) sells very nice, and very accurate Arena and Boba/Jango rocket packs, both for $300. I'd say that unless you are buying an already painted version, or one that is partial completed, or with metal upgrade perhaps, I personally wouldn't spend more than that. My 0.02c

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2011, 07:03 AM »
Thanks, 300 is double what I wanna pay though. Detailed accuracy is not that important to me.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2011, 07:42 AM »
i think you'll struggle to find anything cheaper. you'll just have to keep watching to see if anything comes up on Ebay, or it's a scratchbuild   ;)

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Don't know if this run is going to happen, but it might be worth looking into.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43001.0

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2011, 10:51 AM »
I've got a fiberglass jetpack sitting in my shop that was a barter for armor.  It's a boba style pack, that needs a little work and clean up.  I'd sell it for $125.  PM me and I'll get some pics of it tonight in the shop for you if your interested.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2011, 11:54 AM »
Nice!  I am very interested in seeing it, and I'm in the market now so I'd be up to purchasing it if I like it.  I sent you a PM. :)

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2011, 03:39 AM »
Wow jetpacks are expensive.

Definitely going to have to build my own.

Good luck with that Boba pack deal.

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Yes, they are very expensive!  I purchased Novall's jetpack, and I can't wait to see it when it comes in.

If anyone else is in the same boat I was, here is the next cheapest Jetpack that I've seen ($170 or $175 plus S+H):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fan-Made-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-JETPACK-Style-A-/130515460991?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6353e37f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fan-Made-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-JETPACK-Style-B-/130586042217?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6788df69

I messaged the seller, and he said that he continually makes these (and is in the process of making two more molds).

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:47 PM »
The jetpack Novall sold me today came in today.  I'm very happy with it!  It's going to take a little bit of work, but nothing too bad!  Very excited about working on it!  Thanks Novall!

I'll post pictures as I make some progress on it, but this may be awhile because I am working on the whole costume at once lol.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!