Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

KOTOR Jet pack question

• 4 Replies

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
KOTOR Jet pack question
« on: Oct 09, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Has any one done Zarrick'sKOTOR comic book Neocrusader jetpack? and would it be allowed for a modern era mando?

BTW it reminds me of the jetpack from The Rocketeer

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: KOTOR Jet pack question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2011, 07:14 AM »
Wow thats the best Shot I think I've ever seen of it, but no one has tried to make one yet to my knowleadge. I don't think there is anything in the CRL's aginst it, but in universe wise, the jet pack would be over three thousand years old. I don't think any mando would use a piece of antiquated tech like that, especially with the luck the Fetts had with thier newer models.

No reason you couldn't try your hand at building one though, I'd recomend the old Mego Blocks scuba set to start with as a base. Or if you knew of someone that makes steam punk rocketeer packs, as it in deed does look very similar.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:49 AM »
especially with the luck the Fetts had with thier newer models.

I love that statement because all I can think about is Jango's pack bringing about his own death.  :D

Jark'osa Hauza -- Mandalorian Gunslinger

Photos , Short Biography , Armor Build thread

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Also, keep in mind, with the number of custom jetpacks in the club, you could easily build this unit without calling it a KOTOR era pack.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Jacad Moonstar

• The Ghost of Alaris Prime
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2011, 11:56 PM »
Here's another shot of Neo-crusader and Crusader Jetpacks from a different comic (I don't know which one)

As you can see, the Neo Crusader has basic pack that seems to blend with the rest of it's armor.

For my opinion, Its really not a problem as I can see it.

MVS Founder

♫Springtime for Vader and Palpatine! Winter time for Alderaan and Hoth!♫

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!