Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Any comments on these Snake Guards?

• 27 Replies

Jacad Moonstar

• The Ghost of Alaris Prime
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Any comments on these Snake Guards?
« on: Oct 20, 2011, 08:28 PM »
I plan to place my Shin plates over them

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2011, 02:16 AM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

♫Springtime for Vader and Palpatine! Winter time for Alderaan and Hoth!♫

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Any comments on these Snake Guardz?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Those look pretty cool, actually. They're made of a nylon cordura material, right? I think they might be ok.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Jacad Moonstar

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2011, 12:55 AM »
Yes, with Polycarbonate plates in them. The Straps are Nylon webbing.

MVS Founder

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2011, 02:05 AM »
Do they come in other colors?

Will wait for an app team member, but I think they would be okay as spats.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2011, 02:16 AM »
Yep, they come in tan, Orange, blue and brown

MVS Founder

Re: Any comments on these Snake Guards?
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2011, 02:21 AM »
well I looked at the site and they are n the expensive side for still needing modding

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2011, 01:21 PM »
I believe there are a couple of OM's who use them as a base for shins ;D as long as there are no visible logos i don't see why they would not be approvable.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2011, 01:27 PM »
They'll be ok as long as you add armour to them.  ;)

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2011, 09:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm just going to add my shin plates on them. Boot plates don't look as nice on them

MVS Founder

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2011, 08:31 AM »
What material are they made from?.

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2011, 09:39 AM »
I don't see a problem with them, just weather to match.

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2011, 11:31 AM »
1000 denier Cordura Nylon encasing polycarbonate inserts

MVS Founder

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #12 on: Oct 22, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Right, interesting. As Pinocchio said just weather them up.  ;)

« Reply #13 on: Oct 22, 2011, 04:04 PM »
i have looked all over for this style where did you find them .. i like them and would like to use them but i can only find the bigger bulkier ones not the ones that look this neat

I LEARNED MY BOUNTY HUNTING SKILLS IN STAR WARS GALAXIES

my first bucket wip : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44617.0

my armor wip : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44715.0

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/jason.tusing

Kazya Rembrea

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 22, 2011, 07:23 PM »
http://tongs.com/p_gear.aspx

Khaki and the olive green.

« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2011, 08:16 PM »
awsome im sure i can diy them black tomatch thanks for the info

I LEARNED MY BOUNTY HUNTING SKILLS IN STAR WARS GALAXIES

my first bucket wip : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44617.0

my armor wip : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44715.0

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/jason.tusing

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2011, 02:23 AM »
just asking but why would armor have to go over these?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:55 AM »
They don't. it was just a suggestion, but i do think they'd look better with it.  ;)

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I just thought it would be a cool look for spec ops or a tech mando, that is why I suggested it to Jacad

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Armor them or theyre no good... too recoginizable as real world snake guards otherwise. It's bad enough we accept catchers shins because of the Mara Jade loophole. These would be fine as a base, as long I can't see em.

That said, for the price... doesn't seem like a great investment choice for modding unless you have an old pair laying around that aren't in use.

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2011, 09:59 AM »
I would most definately armor them

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Armor them or theyre no good... too recoginizable as real world snake guards otherwise. It's bad enough we accept catchers shins because of the Mara Jade loophole. These would be fine as a base, as long I can't see em.

That said, for the price... doesn't seem like a great investment choice for modding unless you have an old pair laying around that aren't in use.

+10.

These things use velcro and shiny nylon in their construction.  Very much a recognizable earth garnment, and would detract from the other-worldly feel of the star wars. 

a suitable replacement made from more swarzy fabrics could be made any competent seamstress in a day. 

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"
« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2011, 01:35 PM »
Armor them or theyre no good... too recoginizable as real world snake guards otherwise.

REALY , i had no idea what they were for , far as less being real worldly . But hay i'm sure if there's plenty of snakes around where you stay then they'd be easily recognised

Dar'manda

« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2011, 01:48 PM »
armor them really? As soon as I saw them I thought legacy armor. How many people  know what snake guards are, especially people do conventions?

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Really. 

I do conventions, and so do all my other Herpetology friends.

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!