Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

swtor helmets

• 160 Replies

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
Re: swtor helmets
« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2011, 01:41 AM »
OMG! I am in love! It isn't even finished and I my breath was blown away! Wunderbar!!!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Blackbird

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Dec 01, 2011, 02:10 AM »
I played the crap out of the beta last weekend and I can't say I recognize this helmet.  It looks really great so far but it may not be Mandalorian at all.
There are some very prominent Mandalorian characters with some strange, totally Non-Mando looking armor, and most of the Mando's with speaking parts don't seem to like the helmets at all either.  There are Mandalorian soldiers and hunters with very clearly defined armor and helmets, though.  They look pretty Mandalorian.
Falin, I'm not a fan of online games either, but this game feels a lot like a single player game where you can occasionally get people to help you kill things.  It's a really fun game and I think it'll impact the Star Wars universe as a whole as much as KOTOR did.

« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2011, 02:13 AM by Blackbird » Logged
^ Poorly worded comment.
11/3/11
Merc #531

lolow

« Reply #28 on: Dec 01, 2011, 12:32 PM »
well from what ive seen and read there mandos   bounty hunters
well at least the guy in first vid,second vid  HE LOOKS LIKE ME haha  :P
here some vids of that armor =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnhB50axoXg&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OT2GgrtqA

Kav'an Hatfield

• Old Man from Naast
« Reply #29 on: Dec 01, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Looks like a cyberman on steroids.  I LIKE IT!   ;D

Owner of Last Minute Gimmicks. Maker of Latex Masks.

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:21 AM »
the helmet is something you might get at a high level. As I said a few posts up there is a named Mandalorian clan leader on a mid lvl 20s flashpoint who wears the helmet.

lolow

« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2011, 10:38 PM »
wile i wait to find something to do the top fin ,i started to pre-fill with bondo .just to keep moving work on the helmet (phone pics  :-\  )
 fist step fill big holes :P

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 2011, 10:59 PM »
according to the game site this character is not a mandolorian he is a power tech of the bounty hunter class

ID 42518
MMCC 538

lolow

« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2011, 08:56 PM »
 :rolleyes: power tech is ARMOR / JOB  not who they are    :P ;D

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #34 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:00 AM »
if you cant use it for here, it would make a killer cyberman helmet

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:54 PM »
This guy is a canon Mandalorian in SWTOR

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Award for 100 official invasions. 2016 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #37 on: Dec 11, 2011, 10:59 PM »
First, let me start off by saying I really like the design, initiative, and work you are putting into the helmet.  I think it looks just like what you are going for.

Second, this picture:
This guy is a canon Mandalorian in SWTOR

Doesn't do it for me.  It looks like a Transformer.  I like knowing and seeing that Mandalorians are real-life beings, not some hopped up robots.  This pic has too much armor, and too heavy armor.

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

lolow

« Reply #38 on: Dec 12, 2011, 12:23 AM »
thanks im tryin  ;D for my fisrt helmet ever did . i think is ok  :P

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #39 on: Dec 12, 2011, 12:38 AM »
i just want to chime in here by saying, Your helmet is great. The time and work shows. I cant wait to see what it all looks like when it is complete.
As for if it is CRL or mando or not. Who cares? Build it and wear it and be it. As a costumer i have built power armors, Transformers, Master Chef's,  Jedi's , Mandos, Iron men, dark age knights and every other costume you can think of.. I have helped and gave pointers to thousands of people on there costumes (no lie.)  ran panels on cosplay and costume building. One thing that everyone who builds needs to remember is this, If you like it, eveyone else can just bugger off. We build for the love of it. Dont ever forget that.

In other news, If you want it to be passable here to join, Just wait it out. The Old Republic is going to change the costume world. I went to MAGIC and seen people making some of the costumes from the game. By the second expansion The Mandos will have there own class in the game. ( As a BETA Tester i have seen what the game has in store)  So just wait it out. Finish the build and wait. The people here stay on top of things. As soon as this stuff becomes Canon your be aokay and months ahead of everyone else. So just finish the build and dont worry about anything else.

And if all else fails, Make a cast of the helmet and sell them to the Dr Who fans as Cyberman

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
« Reply #40 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:12 AM »
nice any more pics of him  :P ;D

nah, he was shooting me in the face at the time... lol

And I agree about this guys look, its not really his armor that makes him look like that though, its his oversized  cartoon body shape.

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Award for 100 official invasions. 2016 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #41 on: Dec 21, 2011, 02:05 AM »
nah, he was shooting me in the face at the time... lol

And I agree about this guys look, its not really his armor that makes him look like that though, its his oversized  cartoon body shape.

Yeah, I see what you're saying about the "cartoon body", but you gotta admit, some of the pieces of that armor are just oversized, blocky, and just too much.  I guess it would have to be pretty massive because if you wore it, you would be a sitting duck for blaster fire since I can't imagine moving at any rate of speed.

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

lolow

« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:31 PM »
been a wile but finaly found something to do the top fin :laugh: there it is half glued and still need work after ,its bondo time  8)

(bad cell phone pics)

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:55 AM »
In love.

LIKE!!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

InvalidEffort

• The Zip Tie Mando
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #44 on: Jan 04, 2012, 04:34 PM »
That good sir is Lvl 50 crafting skill if I've ever seen em ;)

"The Internet where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents"

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #45 on: Jan 04, 2012, 05:00 PM »
Chiming in with some of the others in that I'm not really a fan of this style of helmet but, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the amazing job you've done bringing it to life! Beautiful work so far, it's going to be an amazing piece once it's all finished! 8)

lolow

« Reply #46 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:52 PM »
did bondo on first stage  helmet shell ,then need to sand and see where to go from there still need work in other place like top fin thats why there no bondo there  :laugh:

lolow

« Reply #47 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:19 PM »
 :P :o started to send the helmet forgot how a pain in the -censored- it is wen you put alot .....take for ever to send down hahaha  :laugh:

its a good start i think? 8)

InvalidEffort

• The Zip Tie Mando
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #48 on: Jan 06, 2012, 01:14 AM »
Looking good :o :D

"The Internet where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents"

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #49 on: Jan 06, 2012, 05:07 PM »
:P :o started to send the helmet forgot how a pain in the shebs it is wen you put alot .....take for ever to send down hahaha  :laugh:

its a good start i think? 8)

It looks like the mohawk is off center.  Maybe try and fix that?  Other than that, it looks great!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!