Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet Sizing V 2.0

• 100 Replies

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Helmet Sizing V 2.0
« Reply #75 on: Jul 19, 2012, 02:02 AM »
They should have some tell if they are or not. Is it labeled as templates for a Boba helmet? A Jango helmet? Or, a Mandalorian helmet?

honestly, when in doubt, assume it's not the right size lol.

« Reply #76 on: Sep 13, 2012, 12:05 AM »
Im 5ft 9" and 23" across the shoulders. I have a big nut and a Saz 1:1 fits just nice, my nose just touches the visor but that is due to padding for comfort.

One piece Jango,

Two piece Jango,

Mando Commando,

Saz 1:1,

Legacy V1 (altered size),

This post really helped me thanks Vod.  I am around 5'5"-5'7" and around 19-21 inch shoulders, and the two piece jango looks great on you I know it will look good on me.  Thanks for having a body size similar to mine.    ;D

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #77 on: Sep 13, 2012, 12:57 AM »
I'm 6'2 and my shoulders across are 19", would a TD Juggernaut be too large for me?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #78 on: Sep 13, 2012, 10:04 AM »
Im not really sure of the scale of his helmets. Youd have to get those measurements from TV. If it's 1:1 Boba scale... 11.5" wide, it will likely be too big for you.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #79 on: Sep 13, 2012, 11:34 AM »
if you put shoulder plates that jut out, it can fix that. I have 20" shoulders and my 1:1bf fits alright.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Draco Carathyr

• It animam ulli
« Reply #80 on: Sep 16, 2012, 03:54 PM »
I feel tiny, but if the shoulder measurement goes from one shoulder joint to the other, I am 10-ish inches. Also, I am 5' 10''.

So what size do you suggest for me?

Weapons WIP: Here

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #81 on: Sep 16, 2012, 04:04 PM »
The measurement goes from the outermost point on one shoulder to the outermost on the other, not from the joint itself :)

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #82 on: Sep 16, 2012, 05:15 PM »
big shoulder plates can fix narrow shoulder profile, I'll finaly have the shoulder problems on my gam fixed once i aquire a proper jango style vest in black duck cloth :S   for the time being my shoulder plates are loosely bolted onto the colar and are hell to my bycept plates...they may be metal but they gouge into it so I had to put spot filler on it in some places, and then it gouges into it again, and im stuck with bondo-chippy bycepts -.-

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Draco Carathyr

• It animam ulli
« Reply #83 on: Sep 16, 2012, 07:39 PM »
so then it should be 2' 2''

and yes i forgot to add the 1'  ;D

Weapons WIP: Here

Kad Shysa

• we don't need no water.
« Reply #84 on: Mar 05, 2013, 01:31 AM »
ok so i read the new sizing guide with the 2/1 ratio im 6'2" 23" at the shoulder i got my eye on a jango 1:1 will it work or do i need a boba 1:1

See more on Know Your Meme

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #85 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:56 AM »
Jango will appear tiny. Go for the Boba.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #86 on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:47 AM »
Jango will appear tiny. Go for the Boba.

^^Definitely

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
« Reply #87 on: Mar 06, 2013, 04:41 AM »
I am 6'5" with a shoulder width of 33" does that mean I have to build a helmet 16" across at the base? ??? Cause I don't want to look like Dark Helmet.

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #88 on: Mar 06, 2013, 04:45 AM »
Nah mate, just get a standard boba size or one of the larger made ones.

Adenn Kyram

« Reply #89 on: Mar 06, 2013, 04:50 AM »
Thanks Kel. Btw you still have one of my top 5 fav kits in all of mercs. ;D

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #90 on: Mar 06, 2013, 04:52 AM »
Cheers mate, but that kit has gone! Starting from scratch again, hopefully the next will be better  ;)

Hondo Karr

« Reply #91 on: Mar 06, 2013, 09:24 AM »
I am 6'5" with a shoulder width of 33" does that mean I have to build a helmet 16" across at the base? ??? Cause I don't want to look like Dark Helmet.

Youre about my size. I'm 6'06" nd just shy of 3' wide at the shoulders. Over the years I found I had to make mods to helmets to make them appear balanced, typically adding 1-3" of width to them. Then I started making my own and fixed the problem straight from the mold :)

Adenn Kyram

« Reply #92 on: Mar 08, 2013, 02:05 AM »
Thanks Hondo. I eventually want to get 1 of your legacy helmets too. But for now I'm going to finish my  scratch builds.

Chance Meridian

• Proud Member of Clan Raquor'daan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #93 on: Mar 16, 2013, 03:11 PM »
I feel I'm in that weird grey area. Im 6'2 197, with 18.5 shoulder width, 10.5 from chin to top of head, and 23 inch circumference around my brow (give or take for the nose).  Ive been eyeing the open seasons deathwatch but I have a feeling it may be a bit to wide. Gonna do the smart thing and wait till i get everything else done, before I choose my helmet. Just unsure of which I should be going for. Jango sized or Boba.

And before I forget. Thank you all for making such a great reference thread. Crazy how much information and time spent is in here

« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013, 03:23 PM by Chance Meridian » Logged
Mandalorian Merc #826
MTS (Mando-Tough): #007
V.R.C.A #37

"Shiny"
https://www.facebook.com/CMeridian/

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #94 on: Nov 07, 2013, 10:43 PM »
What would be a good helmet size for me? I'm 5'11" with 17 1/2" shoulders. my brow is 22 3/4" in circumfrenece. I ask because I'm thinking about getter NME props medium Mando Stalker helmet but I dont want it to engulf my head.

« Reply #95 on: Jan 27, 2015, 05:17 PM »
Iv been lookong at alot of yalls pics of helmet width to sholder width proportions and also the boba pics from the movies and one thing i see is that the helmet width apears to be about 1"-1.5" out past the nipples close to where your clavical starts to turn in towards the sholder. Would some of yall who have the closest fit possable measure from the nipple out on yalls helmets and compare to see if im right? I have not finished my first helmet yet to know if my theory is right . But if it  is right then that can be a better reference to measure from if and when you have to widen a helmet or even cuts a helmet smaller. Ive made other helmets/masks for other cosplay outfits before and thats one of the ways i judge a proper width for a mask/helmet to be the right size on my body shape ;)

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
« Reply #96 on: Sep 28, 2015, 03:20 PM »
SO would 17 inches across the shoulders fit a 1:1 helmet

"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #97 on: Sep 28, 2015, 03:44 PM »
No, a Boba 1:1 would probably be too big for you.

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
« Reply #98 on: Sep 28, 2015, 03:59 PM »
What would be a good helmet .....

"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #99 on: Sep 28, 2015, 04:45 PM »
If you want a production helmet, many of the vendors in the Supply Depot make a smaller scale helmet.  NME Props makes "medium" versions of all of their helmets & Saz makes a cast version of the Jango 2 piece helmet.  If you're looking to scratch build one, you can always try and scale the templates down a bit.  Pepakura files can also be scaled down if you're going that route.  Hope that helps!  :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!