Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

JenEcho's Armour Concept

• 2 Replies
JenEcho's Armour Concept
« on: Jan 03, 2019, 04:40 PM »
New year, time for a new build!!

I ordered my armour from the Mandalorian Arsenal on Black Friday and got it right after Christmas. I'm picking up a night owl style helmet from my garrison mate and I've ordered the shiniest turquoise visor for it. I love being a storm trooper, but oh am I excited to build something with colour that I can sit down in!

I've started working on my design. My kit is going to be strongly influenced by the shrike bird, which kills her prey by impaling it on something sharp. I'm going to incorporate the black band across the eyes, and use the shriek hawk (Clan Visla) symbol or a feathery emblem. I built a 10' set of articulating wings last year, and I would like to use some of the feathers as accents on a cloak. I love using fur and feathers and leather.

I like the idea of a form fitting flight suit/soft parts (I can't stand being bunchy), so I'm hoping I can repurpose the under suit and neck seal from my TK.

Here's what I've got so far. I'm doing my best to go through the build threads and tutorials. The HIPs plastic is very different than the ABS I'm used to working with. The best news is that there are a couple of people building kits at the same time near me, so I know I can get hands on, in person experience! Can't wait for our first armour party!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: JenEcho's Armour Concept
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2019, 04:48 PM »
I love this color combo!  This is going to be a very striking kit, and I can't wait to see it.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
Re: JenEcho's Armour Concept
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2019, 09:36 PM »
Yesss! This concept is gosh dang gorgeous, I'm so excited to see your build progress. It's so bright! And birdy! I'm in love  :<3:

Have you thought about weapons yet? A vibropike/forcepike might be thematically appropriate AND a good walking stick for long troops. Skewer your enemies! >8D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!