Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

If You Build Him, Novoc Will Come... HUGE UPDATE 1/7/19!!

• 71 Replies

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
Re: If You Build Him, Novoc Will Come...
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2011, 05:57 PM »
 ;D :D ;) :) :P 8) Lol, smiley face army...

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2011, 11:56 PM »
Keeping a close eye on this...  ;)

Edit: Quick question, you planning on having the abdomen plates so slender in comparison to your torso?

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2011, 12:04 AM by Thaxos » Logged
The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2011, 01:46 AM »
Not quite sure yet, actually.  It was partially artistic license.  I spent a good deal of time on the main picture, as opposed to the quickly-drawn back pictures.  What would you suggest would work best?

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Not quite sure yet, actually.  It was partially artistic license.  I spent a good deal of time on the main picture, as opposed to the quickly-drawn back pictures.  What would you suggest would work best?

I would advocate more coverage which both looks better from an armor standpoint, and also looks better aesthetically.

After all the whole reason for going the overlapping plate method was to be able to cover more in armor without losing mobility.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Patrikar Dala

• Forever alone....watching you....
« Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 2011, 08:38 PM »
I have seen (as have most members I believe) the extreme ease in which Thaxos can bend and move with the armor. I personally won't be going with that look, but it certainly is genious. ;D

Armor: 100%
Soft parts: 100%
Weapons: 100%
Complete Mondoness!: 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #20 on: Nov 20, 2011, 04:34 PM »
I would advocate more coverage which both looks better from an armor standpoint, and also looks better aesthetically.

After all the whole reason for going the overlapping plate method was to be able to cover more in armor without losing mobility.
I have seen (as have most members I believe) the extreme ease in which Thaxos can bend and move with the armor. I personally won't be going with that look, but it certainly is genious. ;D

I've been thinking the same thing.  Is there a particular template you have used?  I can't decide the best way to do this without creating awkward parts under the overlapping segments.

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2011, 04:39 PM »
Updates!  I finally took some pictures with my webcam.  This first bucket will be a bit small, so I may end up using it as just a prototype, however, I thought I'd share, just to show progress.  Since I took these, more work has been completed, so I will try to again get updates up soon.

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2011, 06:38 PM by Novoc Mereel » Logged

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 20, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Looks, awesome! Good job, man!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Thaxos

« Reply #23 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:17 PM »
For templates I simply mocked them up with cardboard to scale it to my body proportionately.

As for the setup for wearing, it really depends if you want to mount it stationary, to the vest, or to a rigging system independent of the vest.

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #24 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:34 PM »
For templates I simply mocked them up with cardboard to scale it to my body proportionately.

As for the setup for wearing, it really depends if you want to mount it stationary, to the vest, or to a rigging system independent of the vest.

Mainly I meant if you had a specific pattern you used, or if you just kinda eye-balled it.  I was thinking of creating like half the pattern on paper, folding it in half to create the full, individual piece of armor.  If that makes any semblance of sense whatsoever.   :P

Thaxos

« Reply #25 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Mainly I meant if you had a specific pattern you used, or if you just kinda eye-balled it.  I was thinking of creating like half the pattern on paper, folding it in half to create the full, individual piece of armor.  If that makes any semblance of sense whatsoever.   :P

I created the pattern  ;)

Yes that makes sense in order to preserve symmetry, make sure to take measurements of dimensions and angles if you're worried about precision. (I certainly did hehe)

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #26 on: Nov 21, 2011, 12:44 AM »
I created the pattern  ;)

Yes that makes sense in order to preserve symmetry, make sure to take measurements of dimensions and angles if you're worried about precision. (I certainly did hehe)

Of course I'm worried about precision.  I don't want it to look like crap!  ;D

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #27 on: Nov 29, 2011, 11:07 PM »
Bump.

Life has gotten in the way of this.  College paper deadlines and finals week are incoming.  I'll have a good, solid month over Christmas break to plan and work on my kit.  I've got boxes of old broken and semi-working airsoft parts and bodies at home, so I've roughly got a couple weapons more or less planned out.  I need to buy a Dremel tool and some form of bonding agent (not Bondo, yet).  I'm also slowly continuing on working on my helmet prototype.

Akiva Tal'korel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2011, 11:53 PM »
Bump.

Life has gotten in the way of this.  College paper deadlines and finals week are incoming.  I'll have a good, solid month over Christmas break to plan and work on my kit.  I've got boxes of old broken and semi-working airsoft parts and bodies at home, so I've roughly got a couple weapons more or less planned out.  I need to buy a Dremel tool and some form of bonding agent (not Bondo, yet).  I'm also slowly continuing on working on my helmet prototype.
Hahaaaaa, life. Mmyep. College papers are so fun, right? >> As for Dremels, if you're gonna be in town over break (depending on which month, though) I have a Dremel tool, so if you need to cut or sand things with it, I might be able to help. As for bonding agents... I'm drawing a blank atm. I blame school. But good to hear that your helmet prototype is coming along slowly but surely!

Train your sons to be strong, and your daughters to be stronger.

Navik Sh'vaah Build: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=109631.0

Official Merc #0513
Mini-Mando #48

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #29 on: Nov 30, 2011, 02:00 PM »
I won't be in town, except for the KSU game.  I wouldn't miss THAT.   ;)  But I likely won't be able to be in town much.  I'll probably end up buying my own so I can work in my basement, though!   ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!