Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

If You Build Him, Novoc Will Come... HUGE UPDATE 1/7/19!!

• 71 Replies

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Re: If You Build Him, Novoc Will Come...
« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Does anyone know if JB Weld is a good thing to use to kit-bash weapons together?  I'm looking for a good bonding agent to build my weapons with over break.

Patrikar Dala

• Forever alone....watching you....
« Reply #31 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:07 PM »
JB would work, but don't build the entire gun out of it lol.. ;)

Armor: 100%
Soft parts: 100%
Weapons: 100%
Complete Mondoness!: 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #32 on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:52 AM »
JB would work, but don't build the entire gun out of it lol.. ;)

Not planning on it.  :P  Like I said, I'm going to use it to kit-bash a few parts together, but I wasn't sure if I could sand parts of it down, etc.

Patrikar Dala

« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Definately! I haven't had trouble with it, I would suggest bondo instead though... easier to sand ;)

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #34 on: Dec 20, 2011, 09:49 PM »
Definately! I haven't had trouble with it, I would suggest bondo instead though... easier to sand ;)

From what I've seen on here, most people recommend bondo as a final step, as bondo will easily crack, and is not as tough if you drop something.

Patrikar Dala

« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2011, 09:54 PM »
I thought that you were using it as the final step (Sorry! :rolleyes:) but yes, glue, then bondo for a good look 8)

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:29 PM »
I thought that you were using it as the final step (Sorry! :rolleyes:) but yes, glue, then bondo for a good look 8)

No worries!  Sorry for being unclear.  :P  Awesome.  I think I'm going to begin work on my weapons in the next few days.  :)

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #37 on: Dec 25, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Another bump, but this comes with a question:  My prototype helmet is basically, for all intents and purposes, ready to be fiberglassed.  I've seen in some other threads that people used resin first and then done fiberglass, while others haven't mentioned it, but due to budget restraints, I wanted to know if this is at all necessary.  Since this will just be a prototype, it'll more than likely just end up as a nice display piece.

A second question:  If I don't have a dremel tool, what are some reliable ways of cutting hard plastics (i.e. airsoft gun parts and the like.)?

« Reply #38 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:31 AM »
Novoc Im new so feel free to take this as friendly advice which I assure is whats its meant as.

As far as a dremel goes...looking back I have tried everything from hand saws to power tools and there really is no substitute, the tools are what make alot of this possible, after screwing up on about $100.00 worth of materials I bought my dremel and never looked back, and then I did fine.

But if I had just bought that dremel I could have saved that $100.00 and had it 2 months sooner. So realisticly the dremel is used on about 75% of your stuff as far as mandos go, Weapons, armor , bucket, leather, even some soft pieces. I would say find room in your budget even if it takes you a few months to get there, you wont regret it, and trying to substitute something for it is just gonna cost you more in the long run.

(Jaster Mereel WIP thread)
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38674.15

on Nov 29, 2011, 03:43 PM a stranger asked me what my ethnic background was, I answered...."Mandalorian"

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #39 on: Dec 26, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Haha.  I was afraid of that... saving it is, then!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Okay.  I'm still formulating ideas, etc, and I finally found a picture of how I want my cape to look.  Obviously it won't be so pristine, and have some nice weathering to it, but this is the general idea.  Does anyone know where I can find a template for something like this, or whether anyone could make one for me, if I can't do it myself?

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2012, 04:52 PM »
Okay.  I'm still formulating ideas, etc, and I finally found a picture of how I want my cape to look.  Obviously it won't be so pristine, and have some nice weathering to it, but this is the general idea.  Does anyone know where I can find a template for something like this, or whether anyone could make one for me, if I can't do it myself?

It's basically a rectangular sheet of fabric, and starting at either top corner you fold up the material about a quarter to a third of the way in on either side and affix that to you shoulders.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2012, 09:44 PM »
It's basically a rectangular sheet of fabric, and starting at either top corner you fold up the material about a quarter to a third of the way in on either side and affix that to you shoulders.

I don't know if I follow you correctly.  Could you find me a diagram or something?

Patrikar Dala

« Reply #43 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Basically, just take a blanket/sheet of fabric/whatever and grab two corners and pin them to your shoulders.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #44 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:08 PM »
Sorry been busy, I'll try to snap a photo to show how I did it, tomorrow.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!