Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

If You Build Him, Novoc Will Come... HUGE UPDATE 1/7/19!!

• 71 Replies

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Re: If You Build Him, Novoc Will Come... PICS on page 4!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:03 AM »
FINALLY!  I've got some pics to show everyone!  I don't have a camera, so pics come when I can find a friend or OM to take a couple of my progress, or let me borrow one (sorry!).  Anyway, here's some pics to make sure my flight suit does, in fact, fit properly.

Flight suit (Front)

Flight suit (Side) - I have no idea why I am posed so awkwardly...

Flight suit (Back) - ignore how awkward it looks, once again...   :P

Helmet, sizing

Plates, sizing

Everything together

All that said, I've done a bit more work on the helmet, and have begun painting my sidearm and my chest plates.  Feedback would be appreciated!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Everything looks nice...!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Looking cool vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

rayden007

• Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions.
How did your pre-vizla helmet come out? I ask, because that's the one that I ordered.

Novoc Mereel

I love mine!  I'm actually getting ready, after a long hiatus, to sit down and get some work done on it today!  I highly recommend picking one up.  PJ/Hondo/Falin/Whatever you want to call him does phenomenal work.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
The legs of your flight suit will most likely need to be taken in. ;)

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
It seems seugtai beat me to it.

Looking good otherwise!

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Novoc Mereel

Sweet.  I've got a friend who does stuff like that fairly regularly, so I'll have her give me a hand when I get back to school.  :)

rayden007

• Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions.
Keep up the great work brother vod. I cant wait to see the finshed kit.

Novoc Mereel

Re: If You Build Him, Novoc Will Come... HUGE UPDATE 1/7/19!!
« Reply #69 on: Jan 07, 2019, 02:31 AM »
Hellooooooooo, Mercs!

I could make a bunch of definitely-hilarious jokes about things that are long overdue, but the truth is that nearly six years ago, I was pretty much broke, under a load of stress from my senior year of college, had a pretty nutty schedule, and a real lack of commitment. I want to own the fact that maybe at that time I wasn't as good at deadlines as I thought I was, and maybe bit off a lot more than I could chew at the time.

But that was then.

I've been toying with the idea of starting my kit back up for a couple months, but when I discovered my only remaining local Mercs (BedlamX and his wife) were moving away and that Tommy was selling some of his old kit, I knew it was the big sign I needed to jump back in. So I picked it up, and have been working on my kit most evenings after work. Now that I'm older, wiser, and have a stable career, I can really crack down on this project. Below, you will find my progress and some commentary.

This helmet has been staring at me for a long time on my shelf. I really just need to do some detail on the interior and reset the visor in place. I've got some visor clips I found out about on a forum thread coming in the mail. I'll update my helmet thread as soon as those arrive and I have some updates to share.

Here's pretty much everything else I have.

I acquired the clone trooper shins and thighs as b-pulls from KWDesigns a few years back. I've rough-trimmed them and will hopefully be attending an armor party in the near future with some Kansas City-area MMCC and 501st folks to help me with putting them together. I'm aware that per the CRL's pieces from other Star Wars costumes must be modified in some way as to not immediately give away what they are. The shins/greaves will have kneecaps built into them, and I'm planning to have calf-mounted jump jets of some sort. At this moment, I'm still kinda part hunting for something that feels right for them, but am confident I'll figure something out soon. The thighs won't change a whole lot other than being cut down a bit, because even on my 6'3" frame, they're a bit long. I suppose it's always easier to cut away material as opposed to add material! My main plan is to have attachments on the outside of the thighs to put my blasters on. More on that soon!

I got this backplate from what Tommy sold me. It had an ammo pack mounted to it with an ammo chute that attached to the gauntlets I bought from him (below).

Said gauntlets as mentioned above. The minigun is the left side. I'm looking to clean them up a bit, add a greeblie or two to the right gauntlet (I'm currently thinking a vibroblace and/or a comm pad), and of course repaint them. I'm going to re-use the ammo chute pictured, but I've got a different idea in mind for the ammo pack on my back plate.

Also pictured with my back plate was my chest armor I've started on. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it came out sideways. I removed and re-uploaded it probably four times. There's also the gloves I'm trying to decide on. They're actually from my marching band days, and had only really been worn once. For now they'll do, but I may end up replacing them. Thought if nothing else, they'd be a cool way to give my kit a personal flair and tie to other parts of my life that wouldn't ever be noticed by the public. Also, didn't mean to glare, it had been a long day. I promise I'm a lot more friendly-looking!

Here's a pic of the chest plate and a collar for sizing purposes. Didn't have a second person on hand, and it's sitting a little weird, but I think I got pretty close. I made a cardboard template out of an old pizza box and triple-checked everything. I think I did ok, but am open to constructive criticism as always

Better pic of the chest plate. I cut out the diamond shape and made a chest diamond below.

Thanks for reading! Oya! (Seriously, why does the forum uploader randomly rotate my pictures?!)

P.S. Please feel free to check in on my WIP for my blasters, if you feel so inclined. Thanks again for reading!

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2019, 02:35 AM by Novoc Mereel » Logged

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #70 on: Jan 07, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Hi Novoc Mereel
Is good to see you again, I hope you really can finish you armor. Its look great.
Try to give continuity to the post to avoid necroposting issues

kind regards
Oscar  :jango:

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #71 on: Jan 10, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Very nice!  Can't wait to see where this goes.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!