Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

November Order of Ori'ramikad Announced!

• 56 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
November Order of Ori'ramikad Announced!
« on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:10 AM »

It's my very great pleasure and honor to announce the winner of November's "Order of Ori'ramikad".  Before I announce who it is, I want to take a moment to illuminate a bit on this person's history in Mercs...because it's a long one.  ;)

I first met this month's inductee at DragonCon back in 2007, when the Mercs first marched in the DragonCon parade.  He and his entire family had made the drive up from Florida early that morning just to make our first DragonCon as a real fan group.  It was a terribly hot day, but he as well as his sons all marched in armor with Mercs that day.  Since then, he's been running one of Mercs' oldest clans:  Buurenaar Verda Clan (Storm Warriors Clan) with distinction.  It's not been an easy job for him, as there have been many trials and tribulations involved with managing a Mercs clan in Florida.  However those trials have not only solidified Buurenaar Verda Clan, but they have also shown Mercs members what it takes to be a good leader in the face of adversity.  If I had only one thing to say about him, it's that his troops love him...and that to me speaks mountains about how great he is.  

With that, I am very proud to announce that the November Order of Ori'ramikad recipient is none other than our own Ohl'd Vart (Rob Dawkins).

Congratulations Rob, you've earned it.

OYA!!!

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Kyramud Cabur

• We are born to die. We live to be remembered.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: November Order of Ori'ramikad Announced!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:13 AM »
OYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! \o/

Kyramud Cabur

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:14 AM »
he's an Ohldie, but a ghoodie!!!!!   ;D

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:17 AM »
Congrats, Rob! :)

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:37 AM »
Congrats! Well deserved  ;)

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:07 AM »
YES! Thats awesome! Congrats Rob. That is VERY well deserved!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Gratz!

Aayhan be Akaan

• We'll have to go to... LUDICROUS SPEED!!!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Congrats boss!

OYA MANDA!!!

-AA

Armor - 40%
Main hand weapon - 100%
Off hand weapon - 40%
Soft parts - 30%
Bucket - 11%

[/u

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Dude! You get another tag!  :D

Congrats, Boss-Man

Ni'ka

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Congrats!!!!   :)

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2011, 11:48 AM »
congrats ner vod!

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Wow. I don't know what to say....me speechless is a spectacle, I know....it is indeed an honor, and I am humbled.

I know I kid around a lot here, but to wax serious a moment, I want to thank the folks who made it possible, namely:

Tom....for giving me the chance to become a part of this great organization...I will always be indebted to you for that, brother.

The BVC clan and it's Officers....I am nothing without them and their support; the BVC you see is a direct result of their dedication and love for the club.

The MMCC and it's members as a whole, old and new....I have made so many friends here, I feel like it's my second family; I know you are all here to help me and lend support if ever I were in need, and that alone is reward enough.

Last but not least, my long-suffering wife and kids....for going along with my madness, tolerating my insanity, and accepting that no matter how old a man gets in years, some child-like interests and fascinations just never go away.

My heartfelt thanks goes out to you all.  :D

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Tobias Creed

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2011, 12:02 PM »
welcome to the club within the club. You can pick up so many chicks as Ori'ramikad LOL.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2011, 12:05 PM »
You can pick up so many chicks as Ori'ramikad LOL.

I'm just hoping to pick up a discount on laxatives!  ;D

Rob

Maya Jay

• "You can call me 'Great One'. Most people do."
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Congrats!!!!

"I'm a fighter. I've always been a fighter. The few times when I have been at leisure, I've been miserable. I want challenges, I crave them."

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2011, 12:51 PM »
Congratulations Rob, welcome to the fold!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Welcome to the fold Brother  ;) .

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Congrats Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Nice one Auld Yin ;)

redkraytdragon

• Disintigrations are likely...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2011, 04:03 PM »
That's awesome news, congrats!!  :D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2011, 04:09 PM »
Thanks for all the thanks, guys and gals!  ;D

Rob

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Congratulations, Rob!!!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2011, 07:19 PM »
congrats ya dirty old man

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #24 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:41 PM »

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!