Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Half Cape

• 24 Replies

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
New Half Cape
« on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:36 PM »
I had this old pair of combats which had become a bit worn and I wanted to replace my cape (been using a green one, which was fine when I had green on my helmet, but now looks a bit out of place... so chopped up the combats, cat got in the way...

Combat Cat by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Realise that the pockets are a bit dark and stand out, so will dye the cape back to original colour and weather again ;)

Weathering cape by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Hanging Cape by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

This would work even better with an old pair of trousers, you then wouldn't have the pocket issue... :)

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2011, 04:43 PM by Nate Jangotat » Logged

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: New Half Cape
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:39 PM »
That's really awesome bro. Looks like it workes great!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:45 PM »
I KNOW this will look awesome, like everything I've seen you do... But I liked the green cape a lot, I thought the OD green accent was complimenting the rest of the kit very well. But hey, that's personal preferences and like I said, your kit will still look like a million bucks, and STILL be one of my favorite!!!

Cheers mate!

Nate Jangotat

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Many thanks Brothers  :D

Will see how it looks when done. Need the green one for the Fett I'm putting together, so if I doesn't work, can always go back! :)

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2011, 12:07 PM »
What's the cat going to sleep on now ?  :D .

Nate Jangotat

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2011, 01:32 PM »
What's the cat going to sleep on now ?  :D .

He he - I'm sure he'll find something  :D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2011, 01:53 PM »
Looks great Mate ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2011, 02:05 PM »
I might try this myself mate, thank's  ;)

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2011, 03:25 PM by Kel T Skirata » Logged
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Hehe, reminds me of my dogs, especially my youngest one, he's my little buddy. He likes to sleep in my clothes hamper, not my wifes, mine. He likes to be close to daddy when I'm not home. But I usually turn my old pants and shirts into pillows from the dogs crates. Might have to reverse that policy when I go to make the cape, kamas and loin clothes.

Nate Jangotat

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:24 PM »
It's true, the cat loves me more thanthe wife :D

Glad I could help. Being in the Mercs certainly makes you a good recycler - don't throw anything away anymore ;)

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2011, 05:27 PM by Nate Jangotat » Logged

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Thanks again mate,  just had a flash of how i can pull off some stuff with this  ;D  Might need to build a jetpack too, which might exclude me from MAJIC  LOL thanks bud  ;)

Nate Jangotat

« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Look forward to seeing what you come up with. But please stick to your own clothes. I wouldn't want the wrath of your other half if you end up chopping up something you shouldn't!  ;)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:50 PM »
LOL Her curtains are gettin it LOL

« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:12 PM »
hehe, are flowers and paisley and accepted camo pattern??

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:15 PM »

Aye ! If ye fancy a boot in the -censored- ! LMAO  ;)

Nate Jangotat

« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2011, 03:58 AM »

If you are invading an old peoples home!  ;D

« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:51 AM »
Hmmm, I smell Metamucil, BenGay, and Vick's Vaporub...and...is that Muzak I hear...oh no RUNNNNNN, I see...OLD PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Nate Jangotat

« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:50 AM »
I tried to dye this cape Grey, but I am not convinced... Maybe it's my eyes but this is definitely looking green... :-\

Cape by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Half Cape by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:59 AM »
All dirtied up!! Nice!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #19 on: Dec 07, 2011, 11:41 AM »
Actually, it looks alright  ;) .

Nate Jangotat

« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Eyes Reajusting, not looking so green anymore - and actually quite pleased  :D

Had fun going to town on this one with spray paint and also used it to clean my garden tools, for that ground in mud look  ;)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Dec 07, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Looks great Mate ;D nice and dirty  ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #22 on: Dec 15, 2011, 02:03 PM »
not to high jack your post, But how do you work out placement on your cape? I have one all ready to go for my kit, But am having issues working out just how to put it on.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Nate Jangotat

« Reply #23 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:47 PM »
No worries  ;) basically I have sewn a button on my flak jacket shoulder seam ( left shoulder) that the cape attaches to. The cape has a small button hole and I hang this over the back plate. Will try to find a close up pic. You can also go boba style and get some bolts on your collar/back plate where they meet and attach the cape there. Hope this helps!  :)

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:49 PM »
it dose. Thanks

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!