Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???

• 31 Replies
Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???
« on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:07 PM »

would these be ok to wear with my belt and stuff and if i can wear something like these would i not have to do knees, the reason i ask is because shotgun chaps would look really cool with my concept, but if i throw knees and leg armor on it may look wonky so can you let me know what you think vod?? thanks

Re: Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:10 PM »
oh and ignore the frilly shiny stuff, the chaps i would wear would look very similar to the guy from True Grits that had fur on them
here is a photo

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:18 PM »
No. you must have at least 2 pieces of armour below the waist. and knees are a must.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:19 PM »
No. you must have at least 2 pieces of armour below the waist. and knees are a must.
so basically this is just a bad idea???

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:21 PM »
I would say so yes. You must have armour and knees are required. I'm afraid chaps of any kind won't pass muster. Sorry  ;) .

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:22 PM »
its all good ill just keep thinking!!! thanks for your help vod!!!  ;D

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Chaps probably wouldn't be accepted, but you may not need to scrap your entire concept.  You may be able to make a kama and loincloth combo work with the concept.  Try tweaking your concept first before you start over.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Knees are required now? I must have missed that. I was under the impression it was just two pieces of armor below the belt...hmm...guess I guess better find some knee pads now...

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:24 AM »
Knees are required now? I must have missed that. I was under the impression it was just two pieces of armor below the belt...hmm...guess I guess better find some knee pads now...

Yup, has been for a year or longer. A minimum of two coverings below the waist are required. 1 must be a cod or a loincloth and 1 must be knee's.

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:27 AM »
So, even thought I have thighs and shins, it's still not enough...

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:31 AM »
Correct.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2011, 02:00 PM »
unless your knees are part of your shins right?

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2011, 02:08 PM »
As long as there is knee coverage however it's pulled off.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2011, 02:22 PM »
not trying to high jack.
These are my shins. The upper covers the knee. They are okay right?

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2011, 03:58 PM »
not trying to high jack.

not trying to high jack.

ah feel free to high jack im not worried its awesome that your questions are being answered feel free, and i am positive those are fine app team can verify but i am pretty positive those are fine

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!