Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???

• 31 Replies

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2011, 02:11 PM »
If they've always been required, then how did I get approved without them? That's why I ask.

I'm not saying I'm not going to upgrade my kit to meet CRLs, I plan on doing that as soon as money rolls in. I promise.

I was just under the impression we only had to represent two pieces of armor below the waist. I have a loin cloth, thighs, and shins, never have had knees ever.

That's why I asked then they became required.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Re: Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???
« Reply #31 on: Dec 19, 2011, 02:18 PM »
They ahven't always been required. That was added a couple years ago, after you were approved. Any future upgrades or new builds you'll have to have at least soft knee's if not hard knee's. But, as discussed, extended shins etc. can be worn in lieu of an actual knee plate.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!