Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???

• 31 Replies

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
Re: Would shotgun chaps negate the need for leg armor???
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:05 AM »
Those shins do look like Ironman, they won't do. Having said that with a bit of modification, they are a good base. If you removed the pieces that stuck out on the sides and filled the hole in the centre, then i don't see why you can't get away with them.  ;)

They are TOR Jedi shins. 100% Cannon. They have been approved for another members kit. Now they are not okay? I hope your joking. 

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:19 AM »
They are TOR Jedi shins. 100% Cannon. They have been approved for another members kit. Now they are not okay? I hope your joking. 

Gesai has them...
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43228.60

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 2011, 10:56 AM »
OK. Clear up time. I hadn't realised what those shins were, So i appologise for that, Because to be honest i haven't been following TOR. YES they are Cannon, And i would still recomend they be modded. I do have to ask though, what era mando are you doing?. in universe if you're doing modern era onwards, these would be classed as ancient and wouldn't really fit the timeline. So i would say either mod the shebs out of them or make modern era shins, but that's my personal opinan. Bottomline is though, You can use them.  ;)

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Knees have ALWAYS been required, as remember that Boba Fett is the most minimal setup you can have for leg armor (codpiece and knees).

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2011, 02:11 PM »
If they've always been required, then how did I get approved without them? That's why I ask.

I'm not saying I'm not going to upgrade my kit to meet CRLs, I plan on doing that as soon as money rolls in. I promise.

I was just under the impression we only had to represent two pieces of armor below the waist. I have a loin cloth, thighs, and shins, never have had knees ever.

That's why I asked then they became required.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Dec 19, 2011, 02:18 PM »
They ahven't always been required. That was added a couple years ago, after you were approved. Any future upgrades or new builds you'll have to have at least soft knee's if not hard knee's. But, as discussed, extended shins etc. can be worn in lieu of an actual knee plate.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!