Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Questions about a flight suit

• 21 Replies

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Questions about a flight suit
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2012, 02:27 AM »
Yeah, I'd go XL if I was going to get another flight suit, then have it taken in where it needs it.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:51 AM »
Yeah, I'd go XL if I was going to get another flight suit, then have it taken in where it needs it.

Duly noted.  Now... to wait for payday...

Xeferoth

• Mhi solus tome, mhi solus dar'tome.
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:34 PM »
You could always buy a basic jumpsuit. I bought mine at myjumpsuit.com for around $60. You just have to measure your chest circumference and look at their chart for length. Since you said you're tall, you'd want to look for a long. The jump suits are nice and i'd recommend them if you'd like to look at them.

« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:55 PM »
I'm 6'2 and I just picked mine up today, it's a 40 reg and fits just fine. I'm about 200lbs so an average dude

EDIT: I take back what I said, this flight suit ended up being to short. I had to get a 42L and it now fits perfect!  Hope that helps

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2012, 05:27 PM by Eeto Vox » Logged

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:22 PM »
You could always buy a basic jumpsuit. I bought mine at myjumpsuit.com for around $60. You just have to measure your chest circumference and look at their chart for length. Since you said you're tall, you'd want to look for a long. The jump suits are nice and i'd recommend them if you'd like to look at them.

I can get what I need from Wal-Mart for $20-30.  But when i'm looking at upgrades, I'll keep 'em in mind!

wthrgssr75

« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:55 PM »
I bought the material for mine and a pattern from hancocks. About 1/4 way through I thought I bit off more than I could chew and was about to go buy a dickies. I took a break from it and came back strong and tailored it the way I wanted with long sleeves under short sleeves (jango flight suit). I just omitted the pockets from the pattern and it came together great. I would have ended up spending $75 for a short & long sleeve pair of coveralls, bleach and dye. Mine cost about $30.

« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:48 AM »
I ran into a similar problem myself. Found a 44L flightsuit on ebay, and the torso is way too short. I can get it on but it's not at all comfortable in the lower regions. It did however provide my wife with much amusement.
 May try the Dickies route instead.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!