Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaro Ramikad Backpack

• 16 Replies

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
Jaro Ramikad Backpack
« on: Dec 11, 2011, 02:31 AM »
First I am not making a jetpack for my custom mando, I am against it, not going there.

As a Droid Engineer I think it is important that I have some type of toolbox style backpack but I am not sure of how to make that Star Warzy?

Then since Engineers in Star Wars games are famous for blowing things up, I want to add explosives to it.

This "Thermal Detonator Tutorial, How to make your own for $5!!" is the only explosive tutorial I have found so far: http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php?showtopic=8236

I plan on making at lest 6 of these to mount on the outside of my backpack. Why a half dozen of these boom-sticks? Not only do I think it would look cool, it's still safer than a jetpack!   ;D

WIP: www.goo.gl/WhPpc
Helmet 50/50% www.goo.gl/fHFE0
Soft Parts 70% www.goo.gl/hSMyM
Armor 75% www.goo.gl/JTtNO
Gaunts 100% www.goo.gl/NvRA6
Weapons 85% www.goo.gl/7JEef
Backpack 50% www.goo.gl/0CwLn
Droid 20% www.goo.gl/yisvW

"Nan utreekove ber, kisol kyrayc." : www.goo.gl/zXZBx

My website: http://novothule.com

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Jaro Ramikad Backpack
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:03 AM »

I plan on making at lest 6 of these to mount on the outside of my backpack. Why a half dozen of these boom-sticks? Not only do I think it would look cool, it's still safer than a jetpack!   ;D

Yeah I don't think I can agree to the above statement  :P Least when nyou take a stray shot to you backpack/ plate you should take either the entire station/ship your on or the explosion will be seen from space  :P

I'm assuming thats the backplate your going to be using for your mando? What type of back plate is that? I'm assuming it's a clone backplate, but it could be a Forge prop Legacy or a TMZ TI  backplate. Reason I ask is you could probably easily  turn the back plate it's self into either a storage for tools or a powerpack type for hand held tools or tools on your guants.

Either way, more picture and personally 6 sounds a bit over kill on the dets though.

Have a good one,
Hagen

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:45 AM »
Sorry, that’s not my back plate. That photo is from the tutorial that I linked to. I left my back plate at Tom’s Mandalore Cave. As far as safety, their jetpacks were the downfall of both Fetts. (Jango’s sputters out from being trampled before Mace beheads him.)

There are multiple reasons for the DetPile. First my name, Jaro Ramikad means death wish commando but Jaro can also be translated as “insane act of reckless stupidity”. He’s an engineer and when things go wrong, he’s known to run like hell leaving behind a trail of explosives to dissuade followers. With his paranoid personality he prefers to hang low for a while after missions which makes restocking explosives hard, so he brings extra.

The real world reason is storage space.

I’ll have photos for this build log after Christmas, and will hopefully have it finished except for greebles and paint by my birthday.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:57 AM »
The stray shot argument applies to any carried explosives, whether on a backplate, or in a satchel, or in a hand, thus is an argument against carrying any explosive material, including spare magazines... which is really kind of silly when you think of it.

I for one am interested to see where this ends up going. ;)

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:08 AM »
The stray shot argument applies to any carried explosives, whether on a backplate, or in a satchel, or in a hand, thus is an argument against carrying any explosive material, including spare magazines... which is really kind of silly when you think of it.

Well engineers are expected to carry some explosives for sabotage. If he gets hit in the back by a stray shot he's just as dead no matter how many he's carrying. This way he's sure to take his killer with him while living up to his name "Jaro" even in death.

Thanks, I hope to include some surprises in this one.   ;)

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2011, 02:36 PM »

I don't recall too many stormtroopers being shot at the waist from behind, and having their detonators explode...  ;)

Personally, I think that kind of addition serves more of an aesthetic purpose than a "functionality in universe" purpose, and I think the backplate mounted explosive works just fine with the kit.

If you want to talk reality, I'm pretty sure the chance of being shot and blown up didn't stop troops carrying flamethrowers with the large tanks they hauled on their backs, although it certainly was detrimental.

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:56 PM »
Correct Thaxos, in real life troops still used flamethrowers in wars, even after witnessing their friends die from it blowing up. The same thing would happen if it was a jetpack, you're drenched in burning fuel, a slow agonizing death. There is a difference with DetPacks, it's a faster death. So if you are going to die either way, I'd rather it be so quick I may not even realize it. And even if I have neither a jetpack or a detpack, if you are shot in the back it's still most likely fatal.

Well one functionality in universe purpose would be anyone would think twice before shooting me in the back!  :D

Also it's possible their detonators did not explode because they have to be primed. Some real life explosives are safe to be dropped, shocked, and/or burned before they are primed.

But like I said before, the main reason I am doing this is additional storage space. I am making my armor as light as I can so that movement will be easier. While in universe this means I am less protected from explosives, it also means that after I set them, I can run like hell!  8)

Kazya Rembrea

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:27 PM »

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:41 PM »
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=41090.0 <-EMP Grenades. I like this idea. :)

Wow, those are so cool! EMP grenades are perfect for a Droid Engineer! I think these would look good along my belt. I already have ideas to make these better!

Thank you again, these details will really make my armor stand out!

Kazya Rembrea

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:52 PM »
I've been planning on making some because I like how they look and there's almost no construction involved lol... Interested in seeing what you'll do differently to them. :)

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:55 PM »
I've been planning on making some because I like how they look and there's almost no construction involved lol... Interested in seeing what you'll do differently to them. :)

I completely agree! I am on Lowes.com and Walmart.com pricing pieces. I may make a thread in the Armory for them.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:43 PM »
have you seen what Jarex Ker did for his grenades? It's very simple and easily changed a bit for your custom look!
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=41090.0

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:46 PM »
have you seen what Jarex Ker did for his grenades? It's very simple and easily changed a bit for your custom look!
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=41090.0

Yeah, Kazya Rembrea mentioned them earlier. I'm looking at the parts right now. I am also drawing up ideas to easy attach and detach them from me.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Oh woops I didn't even see those posts, wow I need to pay more attention! anyways good luck with your grenades, there's lots of hardware that could easily be put together for some real sick options.

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:54 PM »
lol, it happens. Thank you for your help.

I am thinking of putting the button on only one end, and putting something to hang them from my belt on the other.

Kazya Rembrea

« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Oooh, that's a good idea! I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to attach them as well.

« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2011, 09:01 PM »
YEAH! that was my exact same thoughts for when I make mine. It definitely needs some attachment method, I also won't be painting mine silver, I'm thinking more of a painted over silver look, possibly white, as I just love high contrast accent pieces.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!