Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mercs 2012 Operational Fund and Supporter Tags

• 17 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Mercs 2012 Operational Fund and Supporter Tags
« on: Jan 03, 2012, 09:22 AM »

Ok folks, 2012 has officially begun, and that means that we continue to ask for donations to help keep Mercs running on the web.  As a bit of quick history, when the site began 5 years ago it was being hosted graciously by Mandalor Novall Talon out of his own pocket.  Over time, the site grew so popular that we had to upgrade our web hosting package just to keep the site running smooth and it became too much for one person to bear the cost of.  Since that time, we have asked you every year to help raise around $200 a month or $2500 a year to keep the site moving.

The money goes towards paying the server bill each month and any administrative costs like software for the forum, brochures for large events, business cards, and getting merchandise set up.  As always, your friendly staff is unpaid and on a volunteer basis, so please take heart that all the donations are going straight to the organization.

We have reset the SUPPORTER tags for this year, so any new donation this year will gain you that nifty tag back.  It will reset at the end of the year.

If you would like to help donate, please find the "Donations" button on the top menu, or visit the front page and look for the "Operational Fund" donation button.  Thanks again!

Iviin'kyr Falco

• Omae wa mou shindeiru!
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Mercs 2012 Operational Fund and Supporter Tags
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2012, 11:17 AM »
On it...   8)

-David (TrooperPX)

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ , DZ, TX

Iviin'kyr Falco #0412 : Hukaatir Falco #0412b : Mando Hood #0421c : SaaSa TsuTsu'Ku #0421d
M.A.J.I.C. #075 : K.M.B. #10 : M.A. #042 : E.M.T.S. #50 : B.O.O.M. #25 : M.A.R.S. #53 : M.I.B. #21 : MVS #7 : N.D.W.O. #17 : N.H. #8 : GBOTG #14 : XMG #14 : TCB #39 : VBV #18
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Donation has been sent in.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2012, 12:56 PM »
We had a few snags with the paypal info not pulling in but we've made a fix this morning.  I'm going to give it a few hours...but anyone who donated but didn't get a tag applied under their name, please PM me with your paypal email address so I can verify the donation and get it fixed for you. :D

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2012, 02:11 PM »
Just to add a couple details to the list.

Supporters will have access to discounts on some Mercs swag during the year.

On top of operational costs, we also use this money to invest in helping clans get much needed items promotional/informational that they might not be able to afford themselves. 

This year, our primary expense is going to be CVI.  We are aiming to really wow everyone, and your donations are what's going to make that possible.  :)

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2012, 02:39 PM by Novall Talon » Logged
I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Though it's pretty rad, I'm showing up with TWO supporter tags... is that intentional or is that a glitch?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Dar'manda

« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Glitch.  It's been fixed.  It's cause I tried to add them manually this morning when it was busted, but now that it's fixed it's taking care of it automatically.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Sorry for the paltry offering, but I sent a few in.  They don't pay us much in the library lol.  :)

« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Glitch.  It's been fixed.  It's cause I tried to add them manually this morning when it was busted, but now that it's fixed it's taking care of it automatically.
Sweet. I knew I donated the moment I saw it so figured something like that was up. Ya rock Tag, thanks!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Hondo Falco

• Armor Weapons and Soft Parts at 100%
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2012, 05:12 PM »
sent! and will send again ;D  keep up the good work, the new site looks great!

I’m a grunt...... and proud of it

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:09 AM »
You know how I love me some tags...

Support funds sent  ;D

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2012, 04:32 AM »
I think there should just be a "Thaxos" tag and we'd be done with it XD

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2012, 04:40 AM »
Sean's tags take up half the page. Lets see... 5 tags, then his name, then the OM dealy, then his award, then his picture... we just need a picture of a Moose and it's sum it up.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2012, 05:18 AM »
I always try to fire in a quid or more each month, i would donate more but thing's are tighter than a chicken's face   :-[

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Showing my support.  ;) I throw in when I can.

Sean's tag:

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Hahaha, oh you guys  :laugh:

« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Showing my support.  ;) I throw in when I can.

Sean's tag:

YES!  :P :P :P

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:49 AM »
I am more than ready to show some support, just have to get my paypal fixed.

Paypal's website seriously is a nightmare.  The service is useful but I've always had strange problems with them.  From time to time if I get to paypal through a merchant's website it will randomly get to an older version of my account information to an address on campus from in school (years old information).

Now I am having a nightmare of a time reconfirming my account (no reason to need to do this anyways).  I'm going to have to scan a photo ID and upload it for them.  Jerks.

Anyways, money to be sent soon.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!