Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Star Wars Galaxy Armor Templates with videos Updated 13Jan12

• 51 Replies

Ciryc "Crosshair" Kazin

• I am Ciryc Kazin of the House Kazin of Clan Vizsla
Re: Star Wars Galaxy Armor Templates with videos Updated 13Jan12
« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 2012, 01:10 AM »
Excellent work on this armor vod! I plan on using some ideas from this armor on my kit. But I plan on tweaking it for more improved wearer movement. :)

"haat, ijaat, bal kote" (Truth, Honor, and Glory)
My name its pronounced (SEE-reesh KAH-zeen).
Un-Official

Adan Ordo

• The soon to be complete death watch mandlorian
« Reply #26 on: Jun 06, 2012, 04:46 PM »
does these fit into modern era?

The reason for armor is for you can get close enough to a person with a blaster to attack him with your sword

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jun 06, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Yup

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 02:24 PM »
I'll give these templates a try! Loved SWG and spent most of my time as a commando!

Talev

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Thanks for creating the templates.
I printed these out in A4 (I'm about 172cm, regular sized female) and didn't change anything. They're the perfect size!

Epyon Ca'tra

• “As you think, so shall you become.” - Bruce Lee
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #30 on: Feb 18, 2014, 04:02 AM »
Really been looking forward to something like this! Am I missing something though, I don't see the bottom template for the gaunts?

EDIT: Watched the tut, nevermind ^___^

"Swift as the wind, silent as the forest, fierce as fire, immovable as a mountain..." -The Furinkazan
MMCC #929, SVC #55, E.M.T.S. #93, T.A.S.K. #7, Kilted Mandalorian Brigade #3, GH #8, MTS (Mando Tough) #32, B.E.A.R.D.S. #43, K.O.M.S. #29
Armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=68775.0
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2015, 04:21 PM »
I noticed the Gauntlet Front template you provide is quite different from the one in your video.. The one in the video looks much wider, with more drastic angles where it widens out..

Great tutorial though! I was thinking I was gonna have to buy my gaunts, but thanks to this I should be able to put that money towards something else.. like shooty things or some leather

Darnai

• The Red Zakkeg -1198
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2017, 01:07 AM »
Anyone has this templates so they can be reposted please?

"A jedi can deflect a blaster shot , letīs se how good he does against one hundred in a second"

Silver medal on Mercs Madness 2018

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Jul 12, 2017, 08:27 PM »
This is what I was able to recover by doing some digging. I am not sure if it is a complete set, but it looks close if not.

Darnai

• The Red Zakkeg -1198
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #34 on: Jul 13, 2017, 12:20 PM »
If itīs not complet itīs close enough. Thank you vod, youīve just made one of my recruits very happy

"A jedi can deflect a blaster shot , letīs se how good he does against one hundred in a second"

Silver medal on Mercs Madness 2018

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #35 on: Jul 13, 2017, 12:41 PM »
Happy to help. I have a very unlabled set of the templates in PDF format set up for a large format printer as well, but that would require a lot more work for most to print.

« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:00 AM »
Just a question, anyone got photos of their kit? I'm looking at using this for my initial mando kit.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #37 on: Jan 15, 2018, 11:26 PM »
Honestly, your best bet is going to be digging through the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Gallery.  It's not an ideal solution, I know, and will require some digging, but you can find some gems there.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #38 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Honestly, your best bet is going to be digging through the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Gallery.  It's not an ideal solution, I know, and will require some digging, but you can find some gems there.

Thank you

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2018, 05:15 PM »
I am extremely new to these forums, and cosplay as a whole, but does anyone have suggestions as to how I can resize the templates to fit my body? Or at least point me in the right direction?
 :jango:

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30 PM »
Print at different scaling on your printer, or same with a copy machine.  If smaller, this is no problem.  If larger, you may need to look at legal sized paper, or printing one piece with the "tile" option.  Or you can measure and draw your chest on a piece of poster board, then draw the templates to fit that.

« Reply #41 on: Sep 11, 2019, 10:28 PM »
Print at different scaling on your printer, or same with a copy machine.  If smaller, this is no problem.  If larger, you may need to look at legal sized paper, or printing one piece with the "tile" option.  Or you can measure and draw your chest on a piece of poster board, then draw the templates to fit that.
Thank you so much for the scaled back piece. These templates fit me pretty well with no alterations and I will most likely use them for my first build, you definitely saved me from some headaches.

« Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:57 PM »
How do you cut the PVC Pipe into the sections and shapes you want?  I've done some minor plumbing and have used saw to cut horizontal sections but never into more geometric shapes.

Kall

• Run and you'll just die tired.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2019, 05:17 AM »
My gauntlets are similar to this style.  I used my table jigsaw and dremel for cutting things out. All my armor is from 3 or 4 inch PVC pipes.

Quadan

• Draar dinuir gar laam.. Draar let gar daab..
« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2019, 04:31 PM »
I have a question on the closings for these gauntlets. are they a solid peice or did you use piano hinges on them? I am at the bracers phase of my own build and at a loss on how to open/close them.

Armor WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=180526.0

Draar dinuir gar laam,
Draar let gar daab,
Draar viinir rud bal Usen'ye,
Draar gotal'ulr gar pir'ekulor,
Draar sirbur fair pirusti,
Draar jahaatir, bal kadala gar.

Kall

• Run and you'll just die tired.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2019, 11:11 PM »
I'm not sure for the original design. Mine are slip on and solid.

Bomer Fett

• Adapt and overcome
« Reply #46 on: Dec 17, 2019, 10:35 PM »
Is there anywhere to find a 3D print file for this kit. I started making from pepakura but it is taking so long and I have been plagued with retrys

« Reply #47 on: Feb 06, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Very cool, just what I was looking for.

« Reply #48 on: Apr 14, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Does anyone know where to find the templates for Post-imperial era armor?

« Reply #49 on: Dec 22, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Is there a way to get the PDF versions of the template? When I try to print from the images in the post they print much smaller than the scale and I can't seem to get the proportions correct when resizing the print.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!