Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Star Wars Galaxy Armor Templates with videos Updated 13Jan12

• 51 Replies

Ithica

• Thank you Kiel'ani Cardas
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
I am working on some Galaxy Armor Templates for a fellow member and I am posting them here for you all to use. Please be patient while I make them. Once they are all made I will scale them and post the size they are scaled to along with a tutorial on how to rescale them via photo editor. If you would like to join this cause please contact me with the piece of armor you will be doign the template for and I will get them posted with full credit to the creator...

Chest - Done/Scaled
Back - Done/Scaled
Shoulders/Biceps - Done/Scaled
Gauntlets  Front- Done/Scaled
Gauntlets Tutorial -  Complete
Cod - Done/Scaled
Thighs - Done/Scaled
Knees - Done/Scaled
Shins Front - Done/Scaled
Shins Back - Tutorial Coming
Boot Tops - Done/Scaled
Boots - Done/Scaled

Videos:

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2017, 09:52 AM by Drek'ar Ventress » Logged
What's the matter? Surprised to see a lowly Bounty Hunter wielding such a fine and noble weapon? You're not the only one who's killed Jedi!

Mirdala

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Galaxy Armor Templates
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2012, 02:35 AM »
Awesome! I've been looking for ideas for either my next kit or upgrades to my current.

OM // 2011-Present
Art Team // 2015-2018
PR Team // 2016-2018
Ruus'alor // 2012
Ver'alor // 2012, 2016-2017
Alor'ad // 2012-2014
Archive Team // 2014-2018
Tech Team // 2017-2018

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Star Wars Galaxy Armor Templates Updated 04Jan12
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:51 PM »
Pretty kick-shebs there!

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Ithica

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012, 02:12 AM by Ithica » Logged
What's the matter? Surprised to see a lowly Bounty Hunter wielding such a fine and noble weapon? You're not the only one who's killed Jedi!

Ithica

Re: Star Wars Galaxy Armor Templates Updated 10Jan12
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Anyone trying these? Any Feedback? We printed them out and had to tweak them a little based on his size but nothing drastic. I will be working on the gauntlets today and try to do a video on them.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:13 PM »
I'll give them a shot if they're mmcc approved.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:32 PM »
I'll give them a shot if they're mmcc approved.

SWG mando armor is approved.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ithica

Re: Star Wars Galaxy Armor Templates with videos Updated 13Jan12
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2012, 01:15 AM »
Thank you for covering that. Here are how the templates are turning out....

Gauntlets:

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2012, 01:18 AM by Ithica » Logged

Blackbird

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2012, 01:33 AM »
I really, really like this armor style.  Thank you for posting the templates!
I just might use the shoulder/bicep armor on my current kit.

^ Poorly worded comment.
11/3/11
Merc #531

Ithica

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2012, 12:12 PM »
Thank you very much. I also added a full tutorial on how to do the gauntlets.... check it out.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Couple of tweeks I would make, having stared at it nearly every since 2007. Bracers look like they're coming out nicely.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:05 AM »
looks pretty good. never thought to use pvc for armor before.

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:08 AM »
wow
How did I miss this thread

thanks for posting this!

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Ithica

« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:30 AM »
Your are most welcome. Lucas what changes would you make?

« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Question. Did you finish the legs yet and will you be making videos for those as well?  I'll be picking up some pvcsoon as I get paid next.

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Hmmm... I think the raised rectangular piece needs to be increased in Width and Lenght so that it lines up with the sides of the forward greebie. I would also increase the height so the rectangle piece sits taller. I seem to remember that the piece was larger (might of been my monitor settings) back when SWG was still running, but it's the only thing that looks off, if only slightly to me.

Like always though your knocking another project out of the park though Dave, and making it easy enough that someone like me can do it :P

Have a good one,
Hagen

The Patriarch

• Rodrick Kyr'am
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:58 AM »
OK so ive figured out that i want to Make armor like this. I drew out a costume and i was wonder what brigade would this mostly fall under and would i be able to use a rifle that im working on?

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2012, 02:47 PM »
Have you put together the thigh plate yet? The main surface on your template has a jog in it that I'm not quite relating to the armor

Mah-Nu Oor

• Clan: Firaxan
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:21 PM »
Wow, Ithica, never unimpressed with your vids, bud.....  and when you were talking about venting your house if you heat PVC in the oven, i SWEAR you said "i have birds, i used to have alot more", i shat a birck, backed it up, then realized my comp's speakers suck lol!  Again, great job!!!

M.A.J.I.C. Member # 53

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2012, 11:52 PM »
Excellent templates!

Keep up the fantastic work.

Caiser4

• "Dinui Ijaat gar Aliit"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:11 AM »
awesome stuff.
and in case it hasn't been said enough, thank you for the videos!! visual aids are  a godsend to ADD sufferers such as myself lol. now i just need to draw out some bicep armor templates and heat up some PVC.

We cheat Death from his rightful victory, no one can defeat us for we are glad to plunge feet first into Hell in the knowledge that we shall rise again!

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2012, 10:35 AM »
Thanks for sharing with us! I might just have to use some of this for my build.
How did you secure the gauntlets? I watched the vid you posted on them but didn't see how you did that.

« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2012, 11:46 AM »
just started my work on this last night. having sizing issues, probably gonna need to print the templates out at 175%-200%. printing them as is might fit a small child.

P.S. Bump

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Award for 100 official invasions. 2016 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2012, 11:50 PM »
Ithica,

Excellent tutorial on the gauntlet build.  I learned a lot.  Definately taking it and going to start on a set of gaunts for my son.  Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Jun 02, 2012, 03:33 PM »
Did you make the gauntlet template?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!