Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rasputins compack/ backpack

• 15 Replies

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
Rasputins compack/ backpack
« on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:50 AM »
So i am building Rasputin kit. While i wait for all the parts to come in i started with the backpack/compack.
This was built for my personal armor. (thats why its red) off trooper parts. I got the ideal to use the prop as a real back pack. Then Rasputin wanted to join recon. SOOOO it is a compack/back pack. I will have a spot that you can open to store stuff in it. (see the black flap)
 the best part is how it mounts. Four 65 pound pull magnets. I will install four metal disks on the back plate so it will just lock in place. I tested it by mounting it to my truck.
I still need to fill the gaps. working on the best way to do so. I know fiberglass wont effect the fiberglass part. But the other part is ABS or HIPS Plastic. I dont know if it will melt that if i was to just fiberglass the holes. I know duraglass is said to be safe for abs and hips. But i wont know till i test it on some scrap abs.

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2012, 11:52 AM by Viciousvestments » Logged
Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Rasputins compack/ backpack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:54 AM »
I like it, Looks good ;) .

Dar'manda

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:56 AM »
i was surprised by how well the four magnets hold it in place. Makes me wonder why no one with a jet pack dose it that way.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2012, 12:07 PM »
So thaaaaaaaaaaat's what happened to Boklast's Snow Trooper backpack!  :laugh:

Looks nice, vod.

Dar'manda

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2012, 12:10 PM »
yup. I wish i had done it all from start. But picking up someone else unfinished project can be just as much fun.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2012, 01:25 PM »
It depends on the weight of the pack to how to best secure it, and what your armour plates are attached with. With the harness you can atleast spread the weight so your not pulling your vest back and choking yourself.

Dar'manda

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2012, 02:26 PM »
this pack is not that heavy and the back plate will snap on the vest. So being as the vest is tailored to fit right it should not pull much if ar all. I forget that not everyone snaps the plates on.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2012, 02:39 PM »
All you can do is try it and see what happens.   ;D

Dar'manda

« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2012, 02:46 PM »
I tested it on my plate. works for me. but i might strap it as well on gp

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2012, 02:49 PM »
How long did you wear it for?. 'cause don't forget the more you move the more movement it will take. On the other hand, If it worked without pulling, then go for it.  ;)

Dar'manda

« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:13 PM »
25 pound magnets failed the test. 65 work great. However on the jump pack it dont work. it pulls to much and will slip. Would need like 100 pound pulls for that. so i now understand why webbing works better for jump packs.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Atleast you tried  ;) .

Dar'manda

« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:29 PM »
lol. I dont want to wear a jet pack so i never gave it much thought. Now i understand.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Hey, there's nothing wrong with Jetpacks  :P Mine hasn't malfunctioned  :D Well, not yet anyway  :rolleyes: LOL

Dar'manda

« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2012, 05:05 PM »
its like a flamethrower from ww1 and ww2. Great weapon. But it makes you a target

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:17 PM »
Niiice, I'm loving the pack, always have loved backpacks, especially opposed to jetpacks  :rolleyes:

(psst, go MAJIC)

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!