Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)

• 629 Replies

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Debating about my armor.
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2012, 02:43 AM »
Increase your chance of finding different products in your search by widening your search from sintra (a brand) to expanded PVC foam sheet.

I found these when I did that. Remember these are just the first few that I clicked on in my search. You might want to still shop around or not and make sure the size you buy is enough for what you plan.

here http://www.montroy.com/catalog/main/itemdetail.app?item_no=MPVC06W

This one you can order an exact size and have it cut to that proportion before they ship it, as well as have it calculated right then and there. For 6mm remember to set the thickness to 0.236 inches.

http://www.interstateplastics.com/Dark-Gray-Expanded-Pvc-Sheet-PVC2X.php?sku=PVC2X&vid=201201150141-3p&dim2=48&dim3=96&thickness=0.236&qty=1&x=82&y=24

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:02 AM »
This.^^^^^^  ;)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2012, 01:28 PM »
Haha! Thank you so much!  You guys are Mega helpful!

« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:35 PM »
I went to a local sign shop and got a 18"x40" 6mm for $20.00  I suggest hitting a sign shop up if you have one near by.    I checked the price on the sight listed and even though a 24x48 is cheaper, I saved $15 in shipping.  You don't have to spend a ton of dough to get good size scraps either.  So check them out. 

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Dral Aranov's WIP
« Reply #34 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Alright guys so I've decide to begin work on the small things, weapons, crushgaunts, trophies etc. Before really getting into the thick of, like my armor. The reason? Lack of creds and real time for hardcore  building! I just got finished applying for college and I have my finals soon so expect slower replies, nontheless I'll definatl get the smaller stuff done soon.

Found a cool base for cruchgaunts too, courtesy of Falin!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTBALL-AIRSOFT-GLOVES-W-PVC-ARMOR-Black-XL-/150507017533

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:19 AM »
Fix those up real nice and yep... "That'll do pig... That'll do...." lol Good luck to you.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2012, 12:38 AM »
Here's another rough sketch, this time modern era, the brown is copper, rest is gray. Any suggestions? I'm currently feeling the paint scheme is abit too bland..
http://www.imgur.com/nUB7e.jpg
Gonna have to link you guys again, sorry.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Looks good to me....are you going to decorate the shoulder plates?
Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Yeah, I was planning on stenciling on a mythosaur skull.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2012, 11:00 PM »
So I've made SOME progress, got myself a black & Decker rotary tool! Woo! :laugh:

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #40 on: Feb 19, 2012, 05:36 PM »
Got this stuff instead of the bondo brand, wondering if it'll work the same?
Also the instructions in the back suck! Hopefully I'll do it right ???

Saberan Vhette

• No Retreat! No Surrender!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:01 PM »
It should work just fine if you mix it properly.

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #42 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:05 PM »
It'll work just the same.   Body filler is body filler for the most part.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #43 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Yeah, the back instruction thing is not very detailed, sorry if I sound like a moron but how do you mix this thing?

Saberan Vhette

• No Retreat! No Surrender!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:21 PM »
Take a small amount of filler ( golf ball size ) and add about a 1/3 inch shot of hardener to it and mix it until it is a uniform color. apply it smoothly and quickly to your piece with a flat piece of plastic. It will start to shred as it hardens so work quick! Let it sit until dry. Sand smooth and repeat as necessary to cover your bucket where you need it. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!