Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)

• 629 Replies

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Karvas' WIP (Test fit! Plates attached.)
« Reply #375 on: Nov 01, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Haha thanks guys! And yep Ralin, the plates need some fine tuning, again I'm not a fan of Velcro, might just rivet my plates.
In other news, I love my mailman.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Karvas' WIP (Bucket! Woo!)
« Reply #376 on: Nov 01, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Nice Bucket vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #377 on: Nov 01, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Same bucket I have, very cool.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #378 on: Nov 01, 2012, 04:44 PM »
All the cool mandos got an Asok  8)
Here it is, buffed, trimmed, ready for paint. Taking a dremel to this was the scariest thing I've ever done. I'm in love with this bucket, gonna dump my girlfriend for it.

Tempest

• The Villain
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #379 on: Nov 01, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Looks to me like you should smooth the dent-fill in a bit more, so it's flush with the rest. Other than that, it looks great. :)

Zyras "Tempest" Marek/Tobi Ryn.
New build: Legacy - WIP.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #380 on: Nov 01, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Yeah, haven't gotten to that, gotta let it cure  :D

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #381 on: Nov 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »
That is nice looking vod, very nice  8)  8) Can't wait to see what you do with it.  And I agree with you on taking a dremel to a new bucket  :-X

I'm in love with this bucket, gonna dump my girlfriend for it.

:laugh:

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #382 on: Nov 01, 2012, 06:07 PM »
All the cool mandos got an Asok  8)

I have a Destroyer, Di'kut  :laugh:

and that's probably the same situation why I don't have a girlfriend.
I'm in love with this bucket, gonna dump my girlfriend for it.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #383 on: Nov 01, 2012, 06:22 PM »
and that's probably the same situation why I don't have a girlfriend.

Don't feel bad, I don't have one either.  The wife frowns on that for some reason.  :P

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions
« Reply #384 on: Nov 01, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Oh! Pretty pretty bucket  ;D
Seeing a bare cold cast Asok makes me want to do a full metal mando. With lots of pin stripes.  :P

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #385 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Kinda feel bad about having to paint it. Updates, no pictures since not much has changed except for some sanding. I'm having trouble filling the boba dent but I'll figure it out. Btw, did anyone else's have a dent on the left side cheek area? And RF, best method on attaching them that doesn't involve a drill? (getting one for Christmas yay!)
Also, I noticed you can't sand this thing too hard, it start bubbling up the resin. Anywho, I'll get the dent resanded if I finally filled it enough, and then paint over the week.

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #386 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Hmmm....you have a Dremal, yet can;t stick a 1/8" drilll bit in the chuck?...   just use an 8/32 countersunk head bolt, and countersink the earcap RF cover piece of the earcap so you can just cover the top of the bolt head with some grey JB weld to cement it in place(or you could even just taper were the bolt goes through the inside of the earcap top piece so that you can have a nut on there for added strengh...and then you mess around with another nut/waser/spring assembly to adjust the tension at which the RF moves.
Earcap with bolt in it>bolt gets small spring to push on RF as it moves to cause friction against the helmet itself, or against the nut holding the bolt securly on the RF earcap cover piece>then put a large fender washer inside the helmet, and tighten the bolt as needed(I suggest putting some medium to high strength threadlock on the nut to keep it in place inside the helmet once you get it tightened just about right)

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #387 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:57 PM »
Dresdon, I know there's something really useful in there. But I can't speak Jawa..

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #388 on: Nov 02, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Dresdon, I know there's something really useful in there. But I can't speak Jawa..
........ :-X............. :laugh:

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #389 on: Nov 02, 2012, 10:39 PM »
click to enlarge

(I correctedand re-uploaded the pic, but the original typo'd pic was restored instead of re-uploading the corrected one... on step 4, ashers=washers
this happened because photobucket sucks ugnaughts like that

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012, 10:41 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #390 on: Nov 03, 2012, 07:26 AM »

I have said nearly the exact same thing. Hahaha

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Tal'Falco

• My Client, My Target..Neither live long
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #391 on: Nov 03, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Or you can be a REAL man and not have an RF...RFs are for those who can't aim!  :P

Rest In Peace Remo Jadd..

Miss Troll Tuesday? Follow the link http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70820.0

Tal'Falco

• My Client, My Target..Neither live long
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #392 on: Nov 03, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Btw, did anyone else's have a dent on the left side cheek

Are you referring to bobas dental expander?!

Rest In Peace Remo Jadd..

Miss Troll Tuesday? Follow the link http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70820.0

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #393 on: Nov 03, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Nope, ain't that a gaunt part? Its on my helmet  :laugh:

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #394 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:42 PM »
Or you can be a REAL man and not have an RF...RFs are for those who can't aim!  :P

HEY! I HAVE A RANGFINDER.

........on my back....

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Advar

« Reply #395 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:47 PM »
HEY! I HAVE A RANGFINDER.

........on my back....

Isn't that broken.... :p

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #396 on: Nov 03, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Hey look, helmet fits.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #397 on: Nov 03, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Cool ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #398 on: Nov 03, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Are you referring to bobas dental expander?!

yup-if you want the "enhanced optics" then just add an NVD box above the visor, I use a mini lense assembly from a BLU-RAY sled I tool apart to make a blue laser blaster that I don;t use with my kit but if reuse the lense you can place a flat/rectangular LED just behind it, so it looks a bit like the Terminator photoreceptors...or the co-op russian guy in Splinter Cell Conviction's NVD...

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #399 on: Nov 05, 2012, 05:55 PM »
Don't you wear a hood over that bucket...!!!!!  >:(

:laugh:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!