Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)

• 629 Replies

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Karvas' WIP (Bucket! Woo!)
« Reply #400 on: Nov 05, 2012, 06:49 PM »
No worries, vod, there's no way I'm covering up this bucket.
 :laugh:
Finally got the dent filled right, and look its shiny! I'll start painting this week, scariest process yet! Anyone who's worked with an Asok Boba, should the dome be perfectly round and smooth even at the dent? Cause there's this tiny bump right below the dent.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #401 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Om nom nom Asok Boba.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52872.0 <- there's my build thread for mine. I did magnets for the earcap, at present the rangefinder itself isn't actually installed... but it doesn't look right without the earcap IMO. You can also see what I did for the inside of the visor - what Manbrolorian is referring to about sanding the inside of the T.

You'll find with that dent that it's a slight curve before it really starts to dip in, so to get it really smooth you need to overfill a little more.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #402 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I have an Asok on My Bucket list .... Nice Buy'ce .   8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #403 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Thanks Point I'll dig through that thread! And i completely forgot i could do subtractive weathering since its a cold cast! Woo! And yeah, I sanded so it would fit my visor the best, sand it more. Will do. And I'm thinking of going with a pair of antennas instead of the rangefinder.. not sure yet, we'll see.
Condar, get it. Now. Right now. Its the best thing ever.  :laugh:

K'ael, Orade

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #404 on: Nov 07, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Gear is looking real good, Hope your happy with the plates and they seem to fit very well on you.

"Pachu Pachu, gotcha." - Yavin 4 tower watch.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #405 on: Nov 07, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Yep! Thanks man, they were awesome. If you decide to do a second run I'll definitely  pick up a few pieces from you again  ;D

« Reply #406 on: Nov 07, 2012, 05:56 PM »
Looking pretty pro. Glad to have a nice long Wip thread. Everyone is so helpful, you're thread hs become a vital resource in itself.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #407 on: Nov 07, 2012, 06:16 PM »
Looking pretty pro. Glad to have a nice long Wip thread. Everyone is so helpful, you're thread hs become a vital resource in itself.
Really? I didn't think it would be! Glad it was helpful !  ;D if you got any questions  don't hesitate to ask!  ;D

Tal'Falco

• My Client, My Target..Neither live long
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #408 on: Nov 07, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Asok helmet is always pretty looking!

Rest In Peace Remo Jadd..

Miss Troll Tuesday? Follow the link http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70820.0
« Reply #409 on: Nov 08, 2012, 10:46 AM »
So much awesome happening here!  ;D

I got a lot of inspiration from watching this come together. . . I may even go with Sintra instead of metal plates now, because yours turned out so well. And I'm liking the idea of a kama now, even though I was kind-of against it initially. And dat bucket  8). How well do you all think it would fit someone about 6'4" - 170lbs?

Also, is it considered clique to leave the Boba dent intact, when not doing a canon kit?

Any recent progress vod??

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #410 on: Nov 08, 2012, 03:46 PM »
So much awesome happening here!  ;D

I got a lot of inspiration from watching this come together. . . I may even go with Sintra instead of metal plates now, because yours turned out so well. And I'm liking the idea of a kama now, even though I was kind-of against it initially. And dat bucket  8). How well do you all think it would fit someone about 6'4" - 170lbs?

Also, is it considered clique to leave the Boba dent intact, when not doing a canon kit?

Any recent progress vod??

For the Boba dent... It's not really cliché... It just looks a bit lazy if you ask me... Also what are the chances you got dinged on the bucket at the exact same spot with the exact same battle damage as the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy...

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #411 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:08 PM »
... Also what are the chances you got dinged on the bucket at the exact same spot with the exact same battle damage as the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy...

Approximately 3,720 to 1.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions
« Reply #412 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Come on, :o we all know that IG-88b is the most famous bounty hunter :P  ;)

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #413 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Come on, :o we all know that IG-88b is the most famous bounty hunter :P  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #414 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Zuckas.

5EVA.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #415 on: Nov 08, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Schiel. Sintra is awesome if you decide to go that route and I'm glad this is getting you motivated man can't wait to see what you get going. The bucket will fitting according to stature, size really depends on how wide your shoulders are, look here:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44842.0
No progress, focusing on midterms  but once this is over I'll finish it all up  ;D

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #416 on: Nov 08, 2012, 06:10 PM »
For the Boba dent... It's not really cliché... It just looks a bit lazy if you ask me... Also what are the chances you got dinged on the bucket at the exact same spot with the exact same battle damage as the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy...

I dont know.......if i had a Mandalorian bearing down on me i'd aim for the head a keep pulling that trigger.          :rolleyes:

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #417 on: Nov 08, 2012, 06:23 PM »
Cover the hole up that's how I feel. Its hard to hit a moving target on the head, especially one that's shooting back. Plus, its Boba's thing. Let him have it.  8)

« Reply #418 on: Nov 08, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Schiel. Sintra is awesome if you decide to go that route and I'm glad this is getting you motivated man can't wait to see what you get going. The bucket will fitting according to stature, size really depends on how wide your shoulders are, look here:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44842.0
No progress, focusing on midterms  but once this is over I'll finish it all up  ;D

Thanks, that explained a lot  :D. I've got about 19" shoulders without armor, but the shoulder-plates I have planned should add a good few inches to that - so it looks like a 1:1 is the way to go.

Ah, It is about that time of year I suppose haha, good luck with all that  :D

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #419 on: Nov 08, 2012, 10:10 PM »
Generally, you won't pass approval on a custom if you still have the Boba Dent, because it's so iconically Boba.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #420 on: Nov 08, 2012, 11:29 PM »
Generally, you won't pass approval on a custom if you still have the Boba Dent, because it's so iconically Boba.

Unless the App Team is going a new route, that's not correct. No one hase ever been denied because of the "Boba dent" on their helmet. Anyone, in recent years anyway, who has left it has been VERY HIGHLY encouraged to remove it but, it has never been a cause for dismissal.

That said, it's kinda silly to leave it. It's one thing to have your own custom dent in it's own custom location but, the Boba helmet wasn't mass produced for Mandalorians with the dent. That is an iconic mark of the character, so iconic the premier Boba Fett costume build website uses the name The Dented Helmet... not "The Green Armored Guy", "The Boba Fett Builders Page", "Slave I Pilots" etc.

Personally, I would never recommend anyone keep it but, I couldnt see denying an otherwise properly done kit over it either.

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #421 on: Nov 09, 2012, 12:51 AM »
Keep it as an homage to the Great and powerful Fett........ ;D

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #422 on: Nov 09, 2012, 08:49 AM »
Unless the App Team is going a new route, that's not correct. No one hase ever been denied because of the "Boba dent" on their helmet. Anyone, in recent years anyway, who has left it has been VERY HIGHLY encouraged to remove it but, it has never been a cause for dismissal.

That said, it's kinda silly to leave it. It's one thing to have your own custom dent in it's own custom location but, the Boba helmet wasn't mass produced for Mandalorians with the dent. That is an iconic mark of the character, so iconic the premier Boba Fett costume build website uses the name The Dented Helmet... not "The Green Armored Guy", "The Boba Fett Builders Page", "Slave I Pilots" etc.

Personally, I would never recommend anyone keep it but, I couldnt see denying an otherwise properly done kit over it either.

^^This^^

Although The dent is discouraged, Helmets have passed with them. It's generally come down to "Has the owner done enough to remove the look from Boba?". However they are highly scrutinised. ;)

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #423 on: Nov 09, 2012, 12:49 PM »
All the cool guys are on my build omg guises.
In all seriousness, thanks for the input, glad the whole dent thing could be cleared up, i wasnt even all too sure about how the app team dealt with that.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #424 on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Helmet looks like poodo now cause I botched the paint job. I suspect I didn't let something dry long enough. Sanded everything down and I'm just going to leave it alone for a bit while my hands recover lol.
Added some physical damage with my dremel, looks alright don't know if I like it yet. And no worries, its not like gaping holes or anything just a few thin scratches here and there.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!