Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)

• 629 Replies

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Karvas' WIP (Bucket! Woo!)
« Reply #600 on: Jan 21, 2013, 02:44 PM »
Back when I wasn't broke!  :laugh: Good times..
Any who, yeah, stripes are staying as is, can't sand them without warranting an entire repaint and any fixes would just look tacky.. I think its a pretty good paint up, fat stripes dont take away much from it..  :laugh:

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #601 on: Jan 21, 2013, 11:34 PM »
Keep em, brother.  If they aren't preventing you from getting approved then do your thing.  I think your bucket kicks some serious backside.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions

Alta

« Reply #602 on: Jan 22, 2013, 04:35 AM »
Armor is looking killer, vod! Nice work! And that helmet? So blasted cool!  8) As for the gaunts, I might consider replacing the darts but that's just me. They don't look bad, but they do look a little out of place to me. But that's just my two cents. I did notice however that they're not all 100% even (or they don't appear to be so) which may be what's bugging me as I tend to be a bit OCD. Just a thought though, if you could make them slightly more uniform, they might look more like they fit, so to speak. Not sure if any of that makes sense ^^;

In any event, keep up the awesome work, vod! Your work is absolutely amazing!

MMCC #707

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #603 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:55 AM »
I agree with Alta that the primary issue with those darts is that they are different lengths and angles. If they were all the same they would look better. I also thing they are a bit to long. My personal preference would be something with a bit more detail like the drywall thingies, or headphone jacks :D

Other than that, looking good man. Gaunts are looking nice and I don't think there is anything wrong with having thicker kill stripes.

As always keep up the good work :D

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #604 on: Feb 09, 2013, 12:57 PM »
Hi guys, been procrastinating a lot.. think it has to do with school starting and getting home late and whatnot.. but My arena pack came in! Here's a picture, its super light and cool, gotta figure out a way to mount it or a harness that's not too clunky since my vest is realllly tight.

And my helmet pictures suck, but here's a kind off better quality shot that shows the true colors and weathering and stuff.

I also need to get a picture up of my knees so you guys could tell me if they're too large..

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #605 on: Feb 09, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Wow ... look at you all Mando & stuff ..... nice Work ner'vod , very nice indeed . 8)
I can't wait to see more  .....  ;D

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)
« Reply #606 on: Feb 09, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Nice Vod ;) so your joining MABEL  :P 

your helmet looks even better in that pic ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #607 on: Feb 09, 2013, 01:11 PM »
True, the helmet looks even better in this pic... Extremely well done my friend!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the jp...!! Gotta stop procrastinating too and start working on mine...

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #608 on: Feb 09, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Not knowing what its made of-a method that comes to mind would be bolting a flat piece of sintra/PVC whatever your using for your armour onto your backplate, attaching the webbing on the bolts for the harness, and glueing/screwng the plate bolted onto the backpalte onto the jerpack.   I thought of this method becuase you said ti was so lightweight...

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013, 01:46 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #609 on: Feb 09, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Wow ... look at you all Mando & stuff ..... nice Work ner'vod , very nice indeed . 8)
I can't wait to see more  .....  ;D
haha thanks ConDar.. I'll be done.. Maybe next week.. Maybe next year..  :rolleyes:

Nice Vod ;) so your joining MABEL  :P 

your helmet looks even better in that pic ;D

I am indeed! JETPACKS FTW! And I know, I'll see if i can get the originals from my friend. Those pics really show the detail.
True, the helmet looks even better in this pic... Extremely well done my friend!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the jp...!! Gotta stop procrastinating too and start working on mine...

Thanks man! Im wondering if i should paint it to match my kit..

Not knowing what its made of-a method that comes to mind would be bolting a flat piece of sintra/PVC whatever your using for your armour onto your backplate, attaching the webbing on the bolts for the harness, and glueing/screwng the plate bolted onto the backpalte onto the jerpack.   I thought of this method becuase you said ti was so lightweight...

The pack is pep and has to be lighter than a poubd, maybe one or two idk!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #610 on: Feb 10, 2013, 02:04 AM »
Looking good man! How has the pack been hardened? Rondo or fiberglass? I trust you are going to smooth it out before painting it.

For my Jango JP I have a harness that looks similar to this one (made by Seeker).

Mine opens and closes down one side with a couple of clips and is adjustable so easy to put on. It attaches to the JP at three points so it stays secure and has minimal movement. It is extremely comfortable as it distributes the load nicely which is definitely something to be thankful for on the longer troops.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #611 on: Feb 10, 2013, 04:55 AM »
Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with the jetpack.  Tracyn's harness would make it feel practically weightless (I used to have it tied straight to my backplate and it didn't cause any problems) :)

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #612 on: Feb 10, 2013, 12:08 PM »
I got some 14gauge steel from a control panel I can make said "objects" from if you want them now, or we can wait for 1/8" aluminum. Advantage to steel is I can braze it opposed to JB-welding aluminum. The steel is only about 1mm thick so it'd be thinner than the majority your plates, decision's up to you of course.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #613 on: Apr 03, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Woo its awfully dusty in here..  :laugh:

Finally pulled everything out of its tote bins and decided to fix up my vest, cut out the velcro to reattach my plates and set up my rangefinder.
Now im waiting on my vest to dry so i could stick on the velcro with liquid stitch. I'll be working little by little this week to hopefully be done sunday or something lol.

No pictures, cause Byrek would complain about my helmet being on here too often.  :laugh:

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #614 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Good to hear you are back at it man! If you get approved in time I reckon you'd be in for a decent shot at the "Best Newbie" May the 4th award.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #615 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:51 PM »
Good to hear you are back at it man! If you get approved in time I reckon you'd be in for a decent shot at the "Best Newbie" May the 4th award.

Haha thanks man! i dont know if i'll make the deadline or even stand a chance. But that would be cool!

xenotoes

• Beth :)
« Reply #616 on: Apr 06, 2013, 03:37 PM »

^^ THIS!

Karvas, you are a pro...so excited about your whole kit, it looks so brilliant even without being finished! KEEP GOING KEEP GOING KEEP GOING ;D

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #617 on: Apr 06, 2013, 06:32 PM »
It's good to see you back at it ner'vod ..... If I can Do it , You can to  ;)

& Yes your bucket Rocks ....  :rolleyes:

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #618 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:00 PM »
^^ THIS!

Karvas, you are a pro...so excited about your whole kit, it looks so brilliant even without being finished! KEEP GOING KEEP GOING KEEP GOING ;D

Beth, no way! You're giving me too much credit. if anyone is pro its you! That helmet is tooooo sweet. Glad you're liking my build though!

It's good to see you back at it ner'vod ..... If I can Do it , You can to  ;)

& Yes your bucket Rocks ....  :rolleyes:

Congrats on the stripes Condar! Lets see how long till i get my own.

So I finished my helmet, officially, decided to add a rangefinder and the plastic was a hassle to paint! Primer wouldnt even stick to it! But thats done.

Today im going outside and painting up my knees, finishing my cod and working on my gaunts that dried weird on me. I trimmed my backplate too now its just a question of forming this thing!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #619 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Great! Nice to see this moving forward!! Can't wait to see that app in!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #620 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Wicked man! Can't wait to see pics of the finished helmet!

Jaa'det Otxoa

• You can't shoot what you can't see! OM #0872
« Reply #621 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Hey Karvas,
Here's another suggestion for the darts... (I know, oh great, another one...  :rolleyes:)
Why don't you just use some long nails for the darts? you should be able to pick a few 4" 20D  nails up for a few cents each  at your local hardware store, or look for "duplex" or "double-head" nails, then use a Dremel to cut the tip off at an angle and paint 'em, you can flatten the bottom of the double head so they all line up without rolling so they all stay lined up and lookin' purdy!  ;D

Oh yeah, epic build vod! Lookin' GREAT!  ;)

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 07:13 PM by Jaa'det Otxoa » Logged
<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Weapons: 53%
Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #622 on: Apr 11, 2013, 11:10 PM »
Jaadet that's and awesome idea! I'll check at home depot when i make a trip to restock on supplies lol

Gaunts are done! So is the cod.
Just missing rocket and hoses
Pic is kind of dark but they ended up looking a lot like Boba's. Bad news is my rangefinder fell apart doing gotta find another way to stick it all together.

« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2013, 11:22 PM by Karvas Dral » Logged

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #623 on: Apr 12, 2013, 12:14 AM »
Those look sweet!!!!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #624 on: Apr 12, 2013, 12:36 AM »
Those are sick man! Now we need a pic of you wearing it all :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!