Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ref Al'drann

• 89 Replies

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Ref Al'drann
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I'd like to start out by showing the kit I was approved in
My v.1

In my v.2 I made some major changes. The bones of the costume are there, but it's a huge revamp of my kit and my character. Here's some shots from a recent photo shoot.

Here's some of the upgrades:
Helmet upgrade: Asok FP Boba
Armor upgrade: black 6mm sintra with Fettronics blue chest light
Soft parts: A real girth belt, upgraded vest, tailored flight suit, leather half chaps
Gauntlets: Dual flamethrowers
And of course the jetpack

Really, the only things I kept from my v.1 are the boots, the gauntlets, and the ammo pouches.

Upgrades I'm still planning to do include
Thigh pouches
Secondary sleeves on flight suit
Upgraded MG-15
New neckseal

« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2015, 09:35 PM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Ref Al'drann v. 2
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:23 AM »
Looking good, and good to see you upgrading ;) .

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:36 AM »
Looking REAL good!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Love the Pics Vod ;D and like the upgrades

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:06 PM »
Gotta tell you, I really love your helmet paint scheme, it's one of my favorites! 8)

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:13 PM »
that looks real good sir

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Hey thanks for the encouragement guys. It's awesome to hear good things from people with costumes that I really admire.

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:08 PM »

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Where were these pictures taken?

The forest moon of Endor.

Some of them were also taken in Florida Canyon in Balboa Park off of Florida Drive... But mostly Endor.

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2012, 12:22 AM by Ref Al'drann » Logged
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:58 PM »
Looks amazing, I love the colors, very inspirational :)

« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:18 AM »
great job!

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Thanks guys  :)

I can check 3 things off my list
-thigh pouches (check)
-secondary sleeves (check)
-new neckseal (check)

There are pics. It happened.

My flamethrower tubes that go up into my sleeve tend to poke out sometimes. I'll have to make new ones and cut them longer or secure them better.

I think I may end up re-making my gun completely or just invest in a new rifle.

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012, 03:15 PM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Manji

• OM #429 & Mr. Bulloch
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2012, 05:05 PM »
This kit makes me hot and bothered.

I mean, it's good. Very good.

Talon Clan Expat | Taakure Clan Transplant

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2012, 01:18 PM »

Great compliment or best compliment?  :laugh:

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2012, 01:26 PM »

stop cheatin on me

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2012, 01:32 PM »
You need something else to cover those boot laces.  Everything else looks great, but those laces stick out like a sore thumb.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2012, 01:37 PM »
There aren't any laces there, but I agree that the holes themselves are unsightly. I've been trying to think of a way to extend the spat without it looking stupid. Meanwhile, I've been on the hunt for new, laceless boots.

Edit: after you pointed out my boot problem, Novall, I decided that I didn't want to keep putting this off. I went down and picked up some black suede scraps and extended the flap on the half chaps so they cover the unsightly bits. Something I now wish I would have done earlier as "technically CRL compliant" is not where I want my kit to be in any aspect, but I'm happy it's fixed now.

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2012, 07:16 PM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Manji

• OM #429 & Mr. Bulloch
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Great compliment or best compliment?  :laugh:

8)

stop cheatin on me

Pfffft.  :rolleyes:

And to ensure this post is not in fact, deemed spam... good to know your boot "laces" issue was a quick fix. Once Tom pointed it out it (using his ever so keen Mand'alore vision) I was like "oh, yeah..." but nothing to distract far greatly from the overall presentation, imho. You really do have yourself an impressive kit. But maybe I'm slightly biased because I like kits that remind me of Boba Fett in some regard.  The light set and side cape really work for you. ;D

Talon Clan Expat | Taakure Clan Transplant

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2012, 09:42 PM »
Some new pics and a little Rohlan Dyre love

Recent upgrades:
-scratchbuilt DLT-19
-alternate DSB assassin helmet
-toe spikes (scrapped, couldn't walk right and they broke)
-added my electro-binoculars to my kit finally

Planned upgrades:
-ESB Fett inspired sidearm with leather holster
-new rifle
-repair jetpack missile so it sits straight
-knee darts? Not sure yet if I want to do these... Thoughts?
-new mic
-motorized RF with LED's (eventually)
-Fett gauntlets with ESB flamethrower(s)

Some recent pics from comic-con

Is for fun  :laugh:

And now here's some Rohlan Dyre for you guys:

Planned upgrades:
-New vest.
-Snaps or velcro for holding the thighs up.
-Snaps to hold the chest plate onto the ammo belt

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2012, 12:58 AM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Ref Al'drann v. 2 and Rohlan Dyre
« Reply #19 on: Aug 06, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Wow... Those pics... are... AWESOME!!! Very nice kits...!!!

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Very good. One of the few people who can do a light kit and still make it look like its not too top heavy.

I want that gun. Where did you get it? Not the first gun with the milk jugs on the sides, but the other one.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #21 on: Aug 07, 2012, 12:58 AM »
Wow... Those pics... are... AWESOME!!! Very nice kits...!!!

Thanks!
I want that gun. Where did you get it? Not the first gun with the milk jugs on the sides, but the other one.

I made it. Link

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012, 02:56 AM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #22 on: Aug 07, 2012, 01:48 AM »

Is for fun  :laugh:

I'm really digging the weathering on the mandibles of your helmet. In this pic it really looks like corroded metal!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Aug 09, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Lovely pics Vod ;D 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #24 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:08 AM »
Two great kits  ;D .

Nice one Ref ;) .

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!