Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Saz: Mandalore helmet *Novall Talon build and paint*

• 261 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Saz: Mandalore helmet *Novall Talon build and paint*
« Reply #250 on: Jan 12, 2013, 02:11 PM »
Everything works great!  I'm having a little issue with the light, but I think it may be a wire issue.  The amplified sound pumping into my ears works great, and it's pretty detailed also. The good thing is that I can always turn the gain down for really noisy places. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #251 on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:23 PM »
I find that with my listening device I was most apprehensious about the possiibility of getting a bunch of feedback but it looks like it all depends on the sound insulation and proximity of the mic relevant to the speaker's placement.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #252 on: Jan 12, 2013, 06:36 PM »
Yeah I don't get any feedback.  In fact, it's almost impossible for me to get feedback considering I'm using telepohone handset output speakers.  They are specially designed to minimize feedback by dampening some of the input signal.  These things are VERY detailed in what they can pick up.  For example, I can hear my bedroom slippers touch-down on every step I take (and they have rubber soles).  That's actually MUCH better pick-up then I had anticipated seeing as the openings for sound pick-up are only forward and backward.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #253 on: Jan 12, 2013, 06:57 PM »
I like that you know that, because you have worn the helmet round the house while wearing your slippers ;D

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #254 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Well, I had to test it somehow. :)

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #255 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:37 PM »
Well, I had to test it somehow. :)
Oh man, I'd pay to see that. :laugh: :laugh:

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #256 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:15 AM »
I've noticed that at least my listening device mostly picks up ambient sounds but not quite as well voices-is yours like this too?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #257 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:55 AM »
It picks up the TV very well. So I'd say voices shouldn't be an issue.

Zih'yer Atin

• Sierra Vista, Az
« Reply #258 on: Jan 14, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Beautiful work!!  ;D

Who's driving the boat?

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
« Reply #259 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:08 PM »
I know walmart used to sell one direction el wire it white and blue and ran on 12v
Mandalore I have used this site in the past and found the same Led Light strip That I use in my Halo helmet
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flexible-strips-and-bars/swfls-x30-bk-series-30-side-emitting-led-flexible-light-strip-black-circuit/629/
they are designed to set the LED's to shoot loght to one side of the strip and they also have a low profile

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons
« Reply #260 on: Mar 28, 2013, 10:25 PM »
dude that's a very interesting and cool Mandalorian costume. Nicely done on the color/ helmet.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #261 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Mandalore, an idea came to mind the othe day in my robotics class.

Would it not be adventagious to set up the helmet's battery systems(if only for a couple things) in series-parralel as they do with deep space probes and such so that there are multiple sets of batteries that begin to feed power as the one before looses power?  such as

|-----|------|---------|<--|<-------
_     _      _                              |
-      -       -                              |
|-----|-----|-------------/\/\/\------

at least I hate ahving to change batteries at events. Maybe I'd just have them hooked up like this for my own listening device because it takes the CR2032 that is most troublesome to change while wearing armoured gloves...just an idea I thought you might like.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!