Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mine's Done, Now to build my brothers!

• 12 Replies

cogsbravo

• Merc #450 Shock Infantry - Hvy Wpn
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Mine's Done, Now to build my brothers!
« on: Jul 01, 2011, 08:06 PM »
So I got my kit approved and know to move onto doing a kit for my bro and expand the merc footprint in tassie  ;D
I've gone with a different design on his to mine - and I think I might do some improvements to mine along the way.
firstly... some raw materials

a few templates...

and something to mount it on...

Followed is some hot action with a heat gun and some vigorous sawing and cutting

Chest plate section

Chest plate in a rough stage

Chest with plate and such rough stuck on to see how it looked together

Back plate looking a bit better

Now to do some more...

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011, 08:08 PM by cogsbravo » Logged

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Mine's Done, Now to build my brothers!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2011, 02:25 AM »
Looking good so far, Cogs. I like the shape of the plates, always good to have something different. Should get your bro posting on here :D

You're aware that with that kind of vest it has to be completely covered by plates to pass the CRL's?

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2011, 01:01 PM »
you might find that ab plate a tad uncomfortable when you bend over with that point.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2011, 02:26 PM »
you might find that ab plate a tad uncomfortable when you bend over with that point.

doh >.< lol

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2011, 04:33 PM »
Yeah, that would definitely be my concern. Ouch!  :P

cogsbravo

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Been a while but here arte some more pics on this one:

In front of our backdrop at Armageddon Melbourne

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:42 AM »
So when's he getting gaunts and therefore getting approved? hey hey hey?

Mah-Nu Oor

• Clan: Firaxan
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2012, 03:06 PM »
 :o great work, bud!

M.A.J.I.C. Member # 53

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:07 AM »
Nice. I literally frowned when I saw that molle vest, but you've done the best job I've seen yet using it as a base. Not too shabby. Keep it up.

I want those shins.

cogsbravo

« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2012, 07:45 PM »
So when's he getting gaunts and therefore getting approved? hey hey hey?

I may have a box full (3 sets) coming ;D, Set for Dave and Sarah - this should get both of them ready for approval and some nice new ones for me (although mine will be the last worked on)

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2012, 09:15 PM by cogsbravo » Logged

cogsbravo

« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Nice. I literally frowned when I saw that molle vest, but you've done the best job I've seen yet using it as a base. Not too shabby. Keep it up.

I want those shins.

Cheers dude, the shin are Old Republic one that came Courtesy of "the shed" an amazing place that churns out armour (501st stuff but they are swaying to the mando way aswell) like theres no tomorrow. I have a set too :D  very nice

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:19 PM »
I think I know who this "Shed" belongs too...

cogsbravo

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2012, 01:19 AM »
It think you may  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!