Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tweaking my Armor : II (a little image heavy) Update on pg. NOW 36 ! !

• 529 Replies

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Tweaking my Armor : Ia ~ In The Beginning  ~
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=30715.msg429778#msg429778

Kit :
My Hunting Buy'ce :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=48505.0
My Ammo Pouches :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=31104.0
Gaunts I & II :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43869.0
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=59728.0

WEAPONS :
My DL-44 :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44170.0
My EE-3 :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=42869.0

My Jet Pack :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=67715.0

_________________________________________________ _____

ConDar Ward Jungle Warfare :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=32118.0

Emeer Ward :
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44319.0

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ ________________________
^ ^ Updates ^ ^

Have you ever wished you'd done something a little Different , had you been given the Time ?

Well ,  I've been seeing that a lot with my Gear lately .
 I've taken a lot of Pictures , from several Different angles .
It's always fun to see your kit from another perspective .... However ....  :rolleyes:

I need an Overhaul ....... Big Time .... So here it Goes .

My 1600th post will Be the Start of a Make over Thread .....

Now these pics are not really for Critique value they're more so I can Visualize several looks at once .
They are mostly Gun Belt /Girth / Ammo pouch configurations so don't be too disappointed that there are no action shots ... :rolleyes:

_________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Also -
Since I'm going More Arctic , I've Decided to try one or more of the Following .

1 ) Maybe a Kama (White w/fur Trim)
2 ) Short Hooded Shrug (White , Fur , ? )
3 ) Waist long Cape . ( White , " , " )
4 ) New Flak vest . 
5 ) Cold weather Back
6 ) New Gaunts
7 ) Revising my Bucket .... Again .
8 ) New Boots .
9 ) New Flight Suit .
10 ) New Ranged Weapon .

I'll put up more pics as get um up loaded ..

By condarward at 2012-01-31

By condarward at 2011-11-12

By condarward at 2011-11-12

_________________________________________________ _______________________________

More ....  ;D

By condarward at 2012-02-05

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2019, 12:24 PM by ConDar Ward » Logged

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Tweaking my Armor : II (a little image heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:04 PM »
What are you using for your backplate?

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:46 PM »
A piece of Aluminum ( No Parking Sign ) ....

It has holes and Velcro for different packs and Attachments ......  ;D

But Nothing inside the Rectangle shows ....

Cyrus Rang

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2012, 10:19 PM »
PM sent

ConDar Ward

ConDar Ward

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2012, 01:24 AM »
More pics added to page 1 ......  :rolleyes:

If anyone Cares ......  :P

I'll start the Tear Down this Week ...... I'm looking forward to it .... & Not .....  ???

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:25 AM »
I care...I'm watching... :P
I always liked your setup so I'm looking forward to what you have up your sleeve. ;)

ConDar Ward

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:24 AM »
I care...I'm watching... :P
I always liked your setup so I'm looking forward to what you have up your sleeve. ;)

Haahaha , You Humble me seugtai .......  Your kit is what made me look deeper into my own .

I need to add more detail I think ......   :rolleyes:

The Materials I've chosen will give the Appearance of Wool , Fur , Hides , etc ....  We'll have to see how it Goes .
I don't want to Drop over from Heat exhaustion while trooping either , so this will be a bit Tricky , but Doable .

Thanks For Watching ....  :P

Cyrus Rang

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2012, 01:53 PM »
I care too. Interested to see what you do to it.
(also interested in the backplate <.<) :D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2012, 02:06 PM »
I think your kit is brill mate, are those laptop buttons on the plates ?

ConDar Ward

« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I think your kit is brill mate, are those laptop buttons on the plates ?
Thanks Kel ....

&

yeah ..... laptop keys  :rolleyes: hahahha

I care too. Interested to see what you do to it.
(also interested in the backplate <.<) :D
I hope those pics work for ya Vod ...... LMK if you need anything else ....

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2012, 12:30 AM »
LoL, do you ever put the armor on or does it just stay on the mannequin all the time?  ;)  I can't wait to see updates. You've got a great kit!

ConDar Ward

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2012, 01:21 AM »
LoL, do you ever put the armor on or does it just stay on the mannequin all the time?  ;)

I would love to wear it all the Time ......  sadly I can't .....  It's To Big on me now is Some Spots
and too Tight in others ..... Thus the Make over .  The only Down Side to Weight loss I guess ......  :-\

Not to mention I gotta Keep up with a the New Talent We seem to have Spewing all over this place now ....shhhesh ... ??? 

I can't wait to see updates. You've got a great kit!

Thanks Ordeyn ....  ;D

Tirilia

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2012, 01:51 AM »
Looking great :) Loving that stripe of fur across the back of your shoulders. Looks like wolf, what is it?

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:04 AM »
Great work as always!  It certainly seems to be the small details that make the big difference.  I need to go over my kit a bit more and add some finer details.  I have a lot of ideas, I just need to write them down and then act upon them!   ;D

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

ConDar Ward

« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:12 AM »

Looking great :) Loving that stripe of fur across the back of your shoulders. Looks like wolf, what is it?

Thanks Tirilia ..... I'm not Sure what it is really  ..... it's off an old Jacket I found a Goodwill ....
I love to recycle when I can ....  ;D

Great work as always!  It certainly seems to be the small details that make the big difference.  I need to go over my kit a bit more and add some finer details.  I have a lot of ideas, I just need to write them down and then act upon them!   ;D

Thanks Ed . ......  Your Too kind ....  :D

Write those Ideas Down , then Come back to them when you have the Time
your Willing to Devote to them . That's how to maximize a concept . 

Wait till you see my new plans . 
It Should prove to be a test of my patients with my Ole ' sewing machine  ...

I think I have just about all the Materials .
 I'll get some W.I.P. pics up when I start the Tear Down .

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2012, 05:52 PM by ConDar Ward » Logged

ConDar Ward

« Reply #16 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Okay so I've got a Question .... Well maybe it  more like I need your Guys Opinion ?

Anyway  , I'm Matching up several possibilities for the new look I putting together .
Since My kit is Supposed to be an  Extreme Cold Weather set up I looked into Canon
Hoth Snow Troopers ( The Commander ) . Their Parka or  (" Duster " as it's called) is the look I
want ...... But not exactly ......  :rolleyes:

It's a little longer than I'm going , but the cutout front is right on perfect .
I would like to Do a Split back more like a Kama , Maybe a V ? Then trim in Fur ? Dunno yet ..

I hope I can post this link , I don't have any good pics just sketches . http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TS_snowtrooper_commander

By condarward at 2012-02-09

Finally ...... So Here is the Question/s  .....  ;D

Should I go Go this route ? (a Winter Trench coat of sorts)

Or

Should I just do a Canon Style Boba Dbl sleeve flight suit in White with a Fleece Kama ?

And If I do this ^

Should the Flak Vest be in White fleece ? or White Quilted .

or I could  :

Make the longer Sleeve ( of the Dbl flight suit) fleece .....

I know all but the Cotton will be hotter on long Troops in the Summer ......

I've got a Good Idea how I'm going to make it wearer friendly for this condition ... no worries .

But I won't do White Fleece pants ..... the look too much like pajamas ......  :laugh:

LMK what'cha think ......

ConDar Ward

« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2012, 01:37 AM »
Alrighty thanks for the Quick responses  , is Everyone Asleep in WI or What ?  :blank:

Hellooooooo ...... listens )) ...........*crickets*

I'm so proud ..... jk   :kiss:

Don't worry about it Guys , I got this ........  ;D

I knew I shoulda put this on the larger Board ...... :-[

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:43 AM »
I think that even though it's a deep freeze mando, you can still go with the standard double sleeve cannon kit.  I like the idea of the duster, it reminds me of Novall's battle trench.

As far as fleece vs quilted, I would certainly go quilted.  Fleece is going to be hard to pull off & have it still look "in universe" in my opinion.  I would go quilted, but perhaps with a different or odd pattern other than the standard diamond pattern.

Just food for thought on this one.  I remember back the Republic Commando series when they were deployed to a frozen location and their standard armor & environmental suits were enough to keep them warm.

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

ConDar Ward

« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:14 AM »
I think that even though it's a deep freeze mando, you can still go with the standard double sleeve cannon kit.  I like the idea of the duster, it reminds me of Novall's battle trench.

As far as fleece vs quilted, I would certainly go quilted.  Fleece is going to be hard to pull off & have it still look "in universe" in my opinion.  I would go quilted, but perhaps with a different or odd pattern other than the standard diamond pattern.

Just food for thought on this one.  I remember back the Republic Commando series when they were deployed to a frozen location and their standard armor & environmental suits were enough to keep them warm.

Thanks for commenting Ed .....  8)

Winter Weight Fleece " that pills " is the Standard Move accurate Material ......  ;D
(Also heavy weight cotton/Duck cloth & Wool is 501st acceptable .)
I've seen hundreds of pics of the Same 10 or 20 shots of LFL Snowtroopers doing my research .
But I think these are some of the Best :
http://imperialarmor.net/hoth_gal.html

BTW ... I never liked the Idea of a Fleece Vest ..... :P  But I had to include it as an option ....

I think I'm going to Try working on my Original plan First , since I already have the materials for it  .......   ;D

ConDar Ward

« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:50 AM »
So I had to see it in all White , well almost all  . :rolleyes:
Please never mind the under Vest or the Straps on the Sides .
These will be hidden under the Quilted Polar "OverVest" is what I'm calling it . ( in White )

Oh , Or on knees & shins there are No slots yet .
 Those aren't even pant legs , it's just white cotton fabric pinned in Back .

By condarward at 2012-02-10

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012, 12:03 PM by ConDar Ward » Logged

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Whenever I think of a warrior etc. in a winter environment I do think trench coats etc. Like German and Allied troops during the WWII. I like the idea of the snow trooper Parka but I personally would keep the long sleeves without the double sleeve myself. It makes it look more like a jacket and less like a long sleeve shirt with another shirt on top. Also with the split back and with the slight fur trim, if done correctly, it can make the kit look rather stylish.

I also like the white there, but be sure if you go white you dirty it up. I'm sure you know; however, just in case to remind you if you're going through the snow you'll still pick up dirt etc. and your nice clean whites will darken and weather a bit. like these troopers

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

ConDar Ward

« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2012, 12:46 PM »
That's how I see it to , thanks Drak ..... ;D

It won't be a problem to mount my Shoulder bells on the Jacket sleeves either . (Like the Snowtroopers)

I'm excited to see how this will turn out .....  8)

ConDar Ward

« Reply #23 on: Feb 12, 2012, 11:20 AM »
So yeah , I move this thread for more in put ...... let's see how that goes .....  ???

Zedrin Ho'dag

« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2012, 11:54 AM »
Can we get some close up pics of the material with a description of the type and weight? 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!