Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

How do you hide your COD piece g-string?

• 27 Replies

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
How do you hide your COD piece g-string?
« on: Feb 06, 2012, 04:12 PM »
It looks like the g-string is the best route for my cod piece.  Now the question I have is:  how do you hide that or make it less noticeable?  I prefer not to wear a kama.

Jark'osa Hauza -- Mandalorian Gunslinger

Photos , Short Biography , Armor Build thread

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: How do you hide your COD piece g-string?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Make it the same color as your flightsuit...

wthrgssr75

« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Could also put velcro on the inside of the point and where it meets on the flightsuit, eliminating the butt floss completely.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:56 AM »
Or maybe with a snap?

Smooth is easy and easy is fast.

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:25 AM »
Does the snap and/or velcro attachment work well for this?  I was reading mixed reviews on attaching those ways.  I suppose I could also make a harness rather than a g-string.  I suppose I'll just have to experiment. :-\

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:43 AM »
I use a snap. Works great.

Jark'osa Hauza

• Jark'osa Hauza
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Sounds like the snap method is definitely worth a shot then.

For those of you who use snaps, do you attach the tops of your kidney & cod pieces to a thin belt, or directly to the flight suit?  Are you happy with it?

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:04 AM »
Or you could just embrace your Boba Thong.... Just saying... >.>

lol But yeah if you don't want it I'd try the velcro or snaps. Maybe a combination of both. I don't worry about mine because I wear a Kama and that hides it.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:36 AM »
The top of my cod is riveted to a belt.

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I am one of those few that, for some reason, never needed the "thong" to keep my cod in place. It could be how I mount mine, I guess. I have a strap attached to each side "wing" of the cod and they snap together in the back with a fastex buckle. When I had the kidney plate, I had it rigged to snap over this to cover the straps and buckle. Now that I went with teh kama on my gun belt, it covers all that stuff. Having the cod mounted this way has always kept it tight and it doesn't have any play or "flop". I would guess that if it was a smaller version (mine is full-sized Boba style), it would need something more to hold it in place. The snap method sounds very good and secure without the Boba Thong.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2012, 11:55 AM »
I must say that even when the snap is "unsnapped" my cod stays in place very well also... Last Halloween I had it unsnapped for almost the whole party...!

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2012, 12:03 PM »
I must say that even when the snap is "unsnapped" my cod stays in place very well also... Last Halloween I had it unsnapped for almost the whole party...!

Giggity.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2012, 12:07 AM »
Giggity.

I see what you did there  ;D

Glad I stumbled into this thread, hadn't thought about it yet.  I definitely don't want to strap a thong on the outside of the kit.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2012, 12:14 AM »
It's not noticeable if it's the same color as your flight suit. I've used all the above methods and I have to say that elastic works best for keeping the cod in place. If you have a real issue with people seeing it, use interior strapping.

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2012, 12:25 AM »
It's not noticeable if it's the same color as your flight suit. I've used all the above methods and I have to say that elastic works best for keeping the cod in place. If you have a real issue with people seeing it, use interior strapping.

I just might try using a jock strap under the flight suit and make a tiny slit for a piece of elastic to come though and snap to the bottom of the cod.  It would be easy to hide the elastic under the cod piece with just a tiny section with the snap poking through.

Attach the top to the belt from underneath with the belt covering the top of the cod piece, and I think I'm in business.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!