Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jesse's WIP **#wearable!!**

• 269 Replies

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
Re: Jesse's WIP
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2012, 10:23 PM »
ok. I know exactly were a NAPA is so I'll see what I can do about looking around in there. and about Membership dues, I didn't think there were any, I just wasn't sure.
 all right, I got pictures of my guns, but I am having a difficult time getting them to upload, so I'll ask my dad to help me. (He's a whiz at this type of techie thing. :) )  so, anyway, I'll try to have pictures up by the time I go to bed, or tomorrow at the latest.

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2012, 11:34 PM »
ok. I know exactly were a NAPA is so I'll see what I can do about looking around in there. and about Membership dues, I didn't think there were any, I just wasn't sure.
 all right, I got pictures of my guns, but I am having a difficult time getting them to upload, so I'll ask my dad to help me. (He's a whiz at this type of techie thing. :) )  so, anyway, I'll try to have pictures up by the time I go to bed, or tomorrow at the latest.

The real trick with uploading pictures is that you need a third party hosting site to upload them to, and then you link them into posts.  Forums rarely host that many pictures themselves.  I use photobucket, but there are a bunch of free sites out there.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Pictures! (I think. It may upload, and it may not. We'll just see how it goes.)

There. :) Ok, these (obviously) are water guns that I got at Wal-Mart. I realize I will have to sand, paint, and mod them. I will also have to remove the 'water-gun' triggers. But other than that, are these acceptable 'star warsy' type guns?

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2012, 12:33 AM »
sorry about the lighting. It's not great...
and special thanks to Biohazzard, without who's tutorial, I might never have figured out how to upload pictures from photobucket. :)
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=7579.msg172374#msg172374

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2012, 06:05 PM »
so, if nobody responds, does that mean my guns are ok?

« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:25 PM »
THe first ones and third will look good in my opinion, I'm not really feeling the other two.

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:46 PM »
so, if nobody responds, does that mean my guns are ok?

It's hard to reply on guns, it's all about how your modifications look.  Just about anything can work as a base, it just depends on how far you have to take it to make it look "Star Wars."  Nothing off the shelf like that will pass without some work.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:45 PM »
THe first ones and third will look good in my opinion, I'm not really feeling the other two.
^^ that's what I thought.
It's hard to reply on guns, it's all about how your modifications look.  Just about anything can work as a base, it just depends on how far you have to take it to make it look "Star Wars."  Nothing off the shelf like that will pass without some work.
ok, Dan, thanks. :) I will definitely have to modify these, but I was expecting (and looking forward) to. :)
Thanks again everybody

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2012, 08:28 AM »
The guns will make a decent base, but they will need modding ;) .

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #34 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:14 PM »
okie dokie, I've got the templates printed and cut out. I'm going to tape them on and see if they're the right size.
In the mean time, does anyone have any good ideas about what kind of greebles (greeblies? what's the right word?) to use to mod my guns?

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2012, 02:25 AM by Jesse Libarra » Logged

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #35 on: Feb 14, 2012, 10:38 PM »
and another question. Well, first of all a statement. I'm not *real* wild about the idea of a 'cod piece' and I'm really unimpressed with the 'loincloth' idea.  So, can I just not wear something there, or is it a required piece?

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2012, 12:10 AM by Jesse Libarra » Logged

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #36 on: Feb 14, 2012, 10:50 PM »
Its either one or the other, gotta have something down there.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2012, 12:15 AM »
Its either one or the other, gotta have something down there.
sigh. that's what I though... ah well. Thanks

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:19 AM »
sigh. that's what I though... ah well. Thanks

One thing I have noticed though is that there is a significant amount of flexibility in style of armored cod piece.  For the female form obviously you don't need the bulging shape, so it could look a lot more like the triangle of a bikini.  The other idea to look into is a soft cod piece, it doesn't have to be armor.  The key, straight from the CRLs, is that it has to be high quality and look in universe.  Darth Vader and Biker scouts are the examples given.

The biker scout has tons of costume pictures out there, but I wanted to check an actual screen shot.  I finally found one here.  Not the highest resolution, but good enough to see that it really is just fabric like everybody uses.

So just sow your self up a piece of cloth armor out of the right materials and you are all set.  The biker scout style I think would be really easy, and I would check on this but I bet that if you made the material match your flak vest then it would be good.

« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2012, 12:12 AM by CaptainMorgan » Logged

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2012, 01:06 PM »
That's not so bad...
 Thanks SO much Dan.  :D I really appreciate it.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #40 on: Feb 15, 2012, 07:11 PM »
ok. This isn't really an update, I guess, but I am running a 100.7 fever so :( I'm not sure anything will be done on my armor tonight, but I will get back to work as soon as possible.

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #41 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:13 AM »
My biker scout picture didn't paste into my previous post, so I put it back in. 

I was talking with my wife about it tonight and she likes that idea a lot too.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #42 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:48 AM »
okay, another idea/question. This time it's about...chest plates. (always an interesting problem, eh?) I'm think about going with the Legacy chest plates. I hear it's good for girls who don't want to go the 'cupped plate' way. Only, while I can wrap my mind around the
'Fett' style plates, Legacy is harder for me to visualize. Also, can I wear a Fett/classic style bucket and classic leg (thighs, knees, shins, etc.) and shoulder bells with a Legacy chest plate? *shrugs* I'm so confused...lol. I know Falin did some legacy armor, so I'm thinking about asking him.

Any help/suggestions/commentary would be most welcome. :)

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:14 PM »
First off Jesse, welcome to the Mercs. I apologize for not doing so sooner, it been a busy month for me. That said, always glad to see another Texan.

The answer to your question is, yes and no. CRL's say there's no mixing of Eras, but there hasn't yet been a seperation of Legecy Era from Modern Era. So technically you could, but from a purely asthetic viewpoint I wouldn't as it will look piecemeal and disjointed.

I'll tell you, "standard" Fett style plates can be made to fit anyone. It's a matter of resizing them and shaping to fit, which is more trouble than most people are willing to take on. It's worth it though. The fit of the kit to your body makes a huge difference in the final appearence. Best advice you will get is to take your time and don't cut corners. That extra step will make an "ok" kit a "fantastic" kit.

Best of luck and if you need any help just ask.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #44 on: Feb 16, 2012, 02:35 PM »
Thanks Ca'tal. I was thinking it would look kinda funny...
Well, I'll look into fixing my Modern chest plates. (that's really what I wanted to go with all along)

« Reply #45 on: Feb 16, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I suggest you look at Bo katan's chest armor. It is not cupped style, and is still beautifully feminine.

No cheers, no warcry.
The best way to take out a mark is to not let it know you're coming!
Long-Process Concept WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=169143.0

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #46 on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:15 PM »
hmm. I looked into Bo-Katan's armor. It looks pretty sweet.
However, I'm looking to get as far away from the 'feminine' look as possible. ah well. Thanks for the suggestion, Mayg. :)

« Reply #47 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:12 PM »
To problem, looking forward to seeing what comes together for.you. 

No cheers, no warcry.
The best way to take out a mark is to not let it know you're coming!
Long-Process Concept WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=169143.0

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #48 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:04 AM »
Hmm, well if you are trying to make the kit not look feminine that is in some ways an easier way to go.  If you aren't too big in the chest then strap em' down with a sports bra and shape the armor plates to be big enough to cover but not contoured at all. 

For that idea I think this drawing shows an awesome way to go.

The plates still fit the shape of a female, but it's done with flat sides and is flat across the middle (no cleavage).  This I think is the easiest way to fit modern era armor but not be that feminine.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #49 on: Feb 17, 2012, 06:10 PM »
That's awesome, Captain. :D Thanks. :)

ok, so, last night I was thinking about what I wanted for my armor (color, kama style, etc.) and this is what I came up with. I apologize for the quality. My scanner hates my notebook...lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!