Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question about Flak Vest

• 5 Replies
Question about Flak Vest
« on: Mar 11, 2012, 09:13 PM »
I have a few items that i know will work with my planned costume build, but the biggest question in my my build is what is acceptable when it comes to the flack vest.

I want to use this

I want to keep the zipper intact for easy on and off. I will split the lower "gut" plate as well as the upper neck plate.The littler center plate will be missing. Would this be acceptable?

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur

Koza Teroch

• Wrap a taco in a enchilada: TWO POINTS!
Re: Question about Flak Vest
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2012, 09:50 PM »
From what you plan to do with oyu plates, I think I ahd a similar set up. You just have to cover up the zipper. Get some leather or pleather, vynil and make a slim panel that'll act like a flap. ONe guy in our clan used a sew-on snaps on one side to make sure it didn't flip out as he trooped.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Ah, so i cannot have the zipper exposed?

Also another questions, is sleeveless an option?

Koza Teroch

• Wrap a taco in a enchilada: TWO POINTS!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Apparently, zippers have never been shown, written, or referenced in Star Wars. Or at the very least, mandos don't use 'em lmao

Several mandos have gone sleeveless, so go for it!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2012, 10:43 AM »
I think i know what im going to do :)

Of course i will measure my body while wearing the vest so i get the armor sizing right, then use fastener studs, the clip on kind. Then covering my center line and attached to the armor will be a piece of leather sized to fit so i can prevent sagging :).

Thanks for the input guys, now i have a plan all i need is money and materials :).

Now if i decide to use the jango fett 2 piece as my base what do i need as materials/ modifications to it to make sure its to spec?

Also, if i go with the half skirt around the belt ( I have no idea what its called) can i skip the cod piece?

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Kama? That's back coverage, you still require a codpiece or loincloth.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!