Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

backpack mod question

• 1 Replies

Einn_Karel

• its about the 00100100
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
backpack mod question
« on: Mar 12, 2012, 05:02 PM »
does anyone here think it would be plausible to use an existiong backpack with a semi-rigid, softshell design and add resin over it, to make it into a hardshell? ive never used resin before so im not sure about the properties of it being applied to a fabric like this.

Einn Kar'el- Zabrak Mandalorian
Mandalorian Riders #0006
MAD #038

"I'm a Pacifist"
"You're a Mandalorian..."
"Would you start a fight with me?"
"No..."
"See? I'm a force for peace."

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: backpack mod question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2012, 09:32 AM »
If you backed the interior of the pack so it wouldn't lose it's shape while the resin cured, it might be possible. My only other worry would be what the material of the pack was. I'd be worried in the resins curing process that it just might either melt or become so brittle that the it crumbles apart.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!