Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jump pack.

• 13 Replies

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Jump pack.
« on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:05 PM »
I was wondering if there were any tutorials on how to build these? Or references? Or tips you guys might have? Anything really since I might want to incorporate one into my kit.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Jump pack.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2012, 01:16 PM »
You just have to look through all the threads Vod. There are a few tutorials in here and one fairly recent of a Death Watch pack ;) .

Advar

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2012, 09:54 PM »
If I were to ever make a jump or jet pack, I would go with something along the lines of a Phase Zero Dark Trooper. They look mean.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2012, 11:17 PM »
I was wondering if there were any tutorials on how to build these? Or references? Or tips you guys might have? Anything really since I might want to incorporate one into my kit.

I've always had a soft spot for packs. I've set our 4 times now trying to make a jump pack. I always return with a hard pack.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2012, 11:20 PM »
I know what you mean.
When I try to build one they end up getting cluttered fast, tried twice already. I guess I just gotta find a good base. falFn had a really cool jump pack like ages ago, really sleek. I think he might've sold it.

Byrek Avery

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2012, 11:46 PM »
I know what you mean.
When I try to build one they end up getting cluttered fast, tried twice already. I guess I just gotta find a good base. falFn had a really cool jump pack like ages ago, really sleek. I think he might've sold it.

Falin? I only recall a jet pack.

For my most recent endevor, I'm using a todlers learn-to-walk-push toy.

My last one was a dust pan:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.90

Just be creative! I've seen your work, I know you can do it ;D

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2012, 11:52 PM »
 That looks good so far! Thanks for the encouragement vod! And it'll definitely be an upgrade after NYCC.
And  Falin had a jump Pack, similar to Commander Cody's pack. Not sure how he went about city, but I'd like to re create it.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2012, 10:49 AM »
The Pack in question that Falin had was a Commander Cody jump pack painted in his own colours. ;) .

There are certainly plenty of styles for you to go with, But know what you want before you start building, otherwise it's going to look hodge podge and messy, and quite frankly, rushed.

So take your time and think about what you want and how you're going to build it ;) .

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2012, 03:12 PM »
That's the mistake I made on my first build, I didn't have a clear picture so I just kinda threw things together.
I now know what I want so I'll definitely just keep a look out for the perfect base.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2012, 03:27 PM »
We all make mistakes, myself included  :P . But they always seem to be a good idea at the time  :rolleyes: . That's why most on these forums try and steer you in certain directions, because they don't want to see you make the same mistakes they did ;) .

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2012, 03:46 PM »
That's exactly it! I'm glad I messed up though, cause now Im well aware of the steps that need to be taken for putting together an outstanding build!
And I dont know if I could ask this here, but how did you go about the rigging system for your Jetpack?

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2012, 04:20 PM »
People use different methods. Me, i use a simple shoulder harness that fastens accross the chest, pulled tight and the fastners slot through the vest and backplate.

Byrek Avery

« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2012, 04:28 PM »
That's exactly it! I'm glad I messed up though, cause now Im well aware of the steps that need to be taken for putting together an outstanding build!
And I dont know if I could ask this here, but how did you go about the rigging system for your Jetpack?

My armor is a poncho, so my backplate is nicely secured to me, so I cut holes in my back plate, attach straps to the jetpack, and then buckle them on the inside of the backplate.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668

Drake

• OM #0047 BVC Merc Veteran '07
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2012, 12:56 PM »
The jetpack I am working on will be bolted directly to the backplate (and double as a hidden backpack). When building a jetpack, a good base makes things a heck of a lot easier. I, too, have had a couple of prototypes.  :laugh:

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90
Drake Manufacturing: https://www.facebook.com/DrakeMfg/

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!